Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
help and info PLEASE!

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

help and info PLEASE!

I'm 29 weeks preg. And am /was addicted to narcos/vicodin and was taking before and during my pregnancy. A few weeks ago I was on day one of withdral's and caved in and made a call and spent 100$ and got F***ed and was sold Ibprofen 800 and I lost it! I couldn't take it anymore and I had a friend on suboxin so I looked up doc's who prescibed it. The 1st number I called happened to be a recovery methadone/suboxin clinic. I talked to the doc. And being preg. & going through withdral he told me to come in next morn. asap! So I did and informed me that I could lose my baby if I continue to withdral and said no to sub. And methadone was the best option. I'm now on 28mg of methadone a day and reading about methadone I'm affraid I've made a mistake. I would have rather him persribe me vic. Then after baby is born taper me down but now I'm on methadone and scared I will have a harder time getting off methadone. I wounder if after baby can they switch me to sub? After reading so many people saying how long and hard it is to get off meth. I'm scared. I do feel better but scared how my son will withral when born and me trying to taper off. Any advice Please? I feel ashamed,mad and sad at myself and my poor baby who doesn't have a say...what can I do? Help me Pls! Gtowngirl-oh fyi sonogram says he is healthy, weight is perfect and looks great so far...  
Does your OB know what you are doing here?