Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
help getting off Lortab

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

help getting off Lortab

I just found this board and am relieved to know there are others out there like me.  I need help getting off Lortab 10.  I have a lot of back pain and have been taking the pills for about 7 months.  It now takes more than 6 at one time to make the pain go away.  I'm scared for my health and I can't talk to anyone about this.  I'm a mom and I need to get back to my life, but I can't seem to do it.  I can't go to a doctor so I'm hoping someone here can give me some advice.
I know how it feels to not want to go to a doc with the addiction fear. I still haven't. I am so close to trying suboxone method, which is going to require honesty on my part, try researching this med and what I found was not only info on this drug, but how the medical community is trying to get rid of the stigma attached to pain med addiction. It really helped ease some of my fears of being judged ect. I think further down on this page someone gives some links to these sites. I am a mom too, and this is so hard, I am not there yet either, but weaning and trying. don't give up, and let me know what you find.
Thanks for your post!  I've been sitting here hoping someone would....  I can't go to the doctor because I had to quit my job because of severe back pain and I no longer have health insurance.  And I can't tell anyone because I am supposed to be(and always have been up till now) the only sane one in two families full of addicts.  If something happens to me, my kids would have a horrible life.  They are becoming very aware of what's going on around them.  I have to be a good role model.  I am so scared.  But I'm also in so much pain with my back.  I have bone spurs in my neck which I think is causing the horrible upper back pain.  I feel like I am losing my mind.  I am a stay-at-home mom, and my kids deserve a positive role model.  I don't know what to do.  I try to wean myself off, but then I am in so much pain and I get so irritable.  I'm afraid I will die in my sleep and my kids will find me (my husband works offshore and we have no family here).

Anyway, I'm rambling.... but I do feel a little better having found this board and knowing that I'm not totally alone.  Again, thanks for your post!
I understand your dilema, I lost my job in May. I owned my own nail salon, made a good living, worked my fingers to the bone-literlly. I developed arthritis in both hands, close to bone on bone. doc said he never has seen anyone my age 35 with it so bad. had surgery on rt. hand in oct. you get the gist. I am still in pain, and take for the most part reccommened dose, but I am not myself anymore, short with my kids and husband. he is fed up. the way i see it is nothing will get better if we stay on this road. your/my kids probally sense our altered state and honesty with ourselves and them and the work and bravery to fix and be accountalbe for our mistakes is a great example in my humble opinion gotta go to bed, I will be here in the AM, so pls write back I love this site, here all the time. It will be ok. -k
Thank you!  I feel like I have a friend!  I will look for you tomorrow - cause I need to go to bed too.  I hope we can "talk" more and be there for each other.  I am trying to remain positive throughout this, but it's hard.  Maybe we can help each other. I know I could really use a friend right now.....
I have decided to try weaning myself off.  I'm thinking of taking 2 every 4 hrs today, and hopefully 1 every 4 hrs tomorrow.  How long do you think I will feel like s**t?  I am in more pain since I've been taking these things than I was before.  What's up with that?  How long does it take to completely get them out of my system and feel normal again?
Good morning, just able to pull myself together. I am not sure how long this feeling lasts, but I think weaning is pretty hard. I have heard that the longer the wean, and more reduced in minimal increments the better. some days I just try to maintain my smaller dose and hope my body gets used to that level and try to feel comforatble. I read here somewhere that if you were taking 4 pills for example, then wean to 3 1/2 and if possible stay there for a week or two, the reduce again to 3 pills, and so on. Some people carry on like this for months until they make the final break. I hear it still sucks in the end. I think it sucks now. my body feels like it wants more and is fighting my reduced dose. I have a feeling that there is no free ride off this stuff. I just know that I can't keep on the way I have been, because the more I needed to increase my dose, the more out of control I feel. I am glad that talking to me has made you feel better. I need the corospondence as much as you, and yes you have a friend in me. I have another friend here Kissysissy. She is great and very helpful. She is off now for 5/6 days and her experience is kinda a benchmark for me. She usually writes me everyday, so if you post here with her name I am sure she will join in. I am sad to hear that you are alone in this as far as not having adults around. That has to be tough. Most of my family and friends don't know what I am going through and I don't want them to know. I am debating getting a certified suboxone doc. and trying that way.
one more thought, about being in more pain then before pills. I don't know, but is it possible that with the pain dulled from pills that we overused our injured areas because we couldn't really feel it? Or, maybe our mind is playing tricks on us and causing us to feel more pain then is really there so we feed it what it really wants. What are your thoughts on this?
Cakegirl said you have been a great help to her.  I read some of your posts below.  How did you quit?  Can you give me any info on making w/d more comfortable?  I started out on Lortab 10 seven months ago - taking 1 or 2 a day at first.  Now (yesterday) it was 15 in one day.  Today I decided to try just taking 2 every 4 hrs and then cut that down to 1 every 4 hrs tomorrow hopefully.  I want to feel better for Christmas.  And I have to work at a school next Friday and was hoping to feel better by then.  Do you have any advice for me?  I'm doing this alone and this board is the only place I have.  Thanks you guys.
Thanks for writing again.  It does make me feel not so alone to come  here and talk.  I need to try to get off of these as soon as I can.  My husband gets them for me and he is concerned and probably fed up with how many I have been taking.  I want to prove to him that I can do it.  Maybe it is my mind playing tricks on me that the pain is worse, I'm not sure.  Maybe it's w/d.  Anyway, any ideas on how w/d can be more effective and torerable are greatly appreciated.  Are you doing ok today?  I'm feeling fluish and have a terrible sore throat.  The weather here is part of the problem.
do you know if taking that much lortab causes your blood pressure to go up?  The last doctor I went to told me I have extremely high blood pressure, and I never had high blood pressure before.
Are we allowed to exchange e-mail addresses?
hey, I don't know about e-mail, but I would like to get yours and kissy's. I know there is a customersupport address from med help, and before we do anything to lose access to this forum, I will try to contact them and get permission. Going to get flu shot today. why bother haha. talk to you later.
Hi Nilagirl!
  I just read your post, and it is sooooo great that you are choosing to get healthy!  I am on day 6, and finally the worst seems over!!!!!!!!!  First of all, your not alone, and you can do this, and it will make you stronger.  If tapering off seems right for you, then do that.  It will take longer, but it is best for some people to do that.  I went cold turkey, and it was rough.  I did everything I could to get through it...I got encouragement here...I let myself be sick, and didn't mentally fight it...I took lots of hot showers, it actually made my body feel better...I listened to music that inspired me to keep on, and prayed a lot.  I took one moment at a time, and drank lots of water and have been eating as healthy as I can.  I did have to take one day, medicine for anti anxiety (adivan), and tylenol flu helped too, occationally.  
  When times were toughest, I thought of all my new friends from this site that were/are going through the same thing, and it gave me strength, and I prayed for them.
  I will keep you in my prayers.  I have a list now.  Please keep us posted on how your doing, and what your going through.

Remember...your a special person who once lived without pain med.s, and you deserve to live a wonderful whole life!
  sincerely,
Kissy
Thanks, Kissy.  I'm am doing so far so good with the tapering off today.  I want to take more, but am not letting myself even tho I have the back pain.  I just hope I don't get weak later when I get irritable.  If you don't mind me asking, how much were you taking before you quit?  I started out just taking this for the pain, and feel like I still am, it' just that my tolerance got so high.  But I have to admit that I like the euphoric feeling too.  I'm not getting that anymore and it's taking way too many just to make the pain go away.  Do you think it's better to go c/t with as many as I was taking?  Do you know of anything OTC that helps to w/d?  Another problem with quitting is that I know so many people in my family and also friends who take pain killers and I know they're gonna be available and I will be in pain and I'm gonna want to take them.  I hate being in this position.  I wish I had never started taking them in the first place.  Thanks for your kind words and inspiration.  I'd really like to get to know you and cakegirl better.  Hope you have a good day!
Hang in there, you are on my mind :)
You know.. Honesty will NOT hurt you. Dishonesty will only prolong your agony. You say you want to be a possitive role model and that in itself is a noble aspiration, but lieing to do it isn't very noble. If others find out that you've been hiding this from them I can guarantee you that they will use that against you in so many ways and to a small degree rightfully so.
You want to be a possitive role model then how about facing this head on and be upfront and honest. Your kids will look up to you much more if they know you faced it head on than keeping it a secret and hiding your real you from people. There isn't much possitive about a mom or dad who keep dirty little secrets. I know sooooo damned many people who sit smoking pot all day and drinking beer till they can't stand up any more and tell me: "You need to get off that sh*t." They somehow think they are doing me some big favor. I ignore their silly asses and go on about my business.
Yeah, I'm an addict. I'm on methadone and I don't hide anything from anyone. I won't be judged by ignorant, self rightious hypocrats who have nothing better to do than think they are all high and mighty when in fact all they are is high.
I don;t keep it a secret. I could and what would that get me? I would always be wondering if they found out.. What then? Will they tell everyone else? Will they think they can catch it from me? Will they think I'm weak? Will they think....?
The only question I want to know is will they think, period.?
You can't hide from yourself. Once you realize that then you can defeat anything.

Good luck with everything.

mram
right on. living with hypocrates all around. the saying the truth will set you free. well, it is true. Once you put yourself out there on the table for all to see, then nobody can really hurt you with anything, because you have already given it up. There are no secrets to uncover and soon those people lose interest in you and your stuff. There is no ability to control you with fear. The fear of exposure to your dark side, your sharing it willingly. HA HA to them. Love your philosophy sincerely, cakegirl-K
Sorry, I thought this was a place to come for support and help... not to be judged.  I have very good reasons for wanting to keep this to myself.  You have no idea what type of life I have had or why I want to keep this to myself.  Your negative judgements is exactly what I don't need.  I won't be back.
Nilagirl, Please do not take the words personally, I was in no way refering to you or your situation. my post was refering to things I have gone through with people in my past who wanted to hurt me by exposing my secrets. I do think honesty is very freeing, but I also pick and choose who I am honest with. Some people can't be told everyting, and sorry if I hurt your feelings. I sometimes speak in absoults, but who am I? I really like you and hope you reconsider leaving. I am really really sorry :( if you are still here pls let me know
I was referring more to mram than you.  I am in no way hiding from myself, but I will not burden my children with this because of all the s**t I had to go through with my parents.  Kids should not have to worry about it.  They should just get to be kids.  Sorry if that's being a hypocrite, but I simply want them to get to be kids and enjoy it.  I didn't get that.  I had to be the parent of two drug and alcohol addicts from the time I was very young.  I am the parent now and I will take control of this without them having to worry.  I went through way too much at their age. I guess maybe I shouldn't have come here at all.
First of all, you should be here. Mostly because all of this is helping me and kissy and everyone else. I was not even thinking of disclosing anything to your kids. I would never. I was thinking of adults who gain some sick pleasure from weaking the character of any one else that they feel inferior to. I sooo believe that kids should not be forced to "parent" their parents because of the problems we brought on ourselves. I do think that living a better life and the daily actions of a healthy,mentally and physically, parent and role-model will shine through you and that is the honesty I speak of. The daily life clean, which I have not been able to do yet. The example our kids see and internalize on all levels, conscience and sub-conscience is what really matters. And more than anything knowing THEY are loved. Hope you stay, please?
your friend, K  Cakegirl
Thanks for your post.  I'm not mad at you and I understand everything you are saying.  Maybe I am taking things a little too personally.  You seem like a really nice person.  I hope you are doing ok today.
Hi girls!!
  Ya know I'm here struggling, but fighting!!  I have a relative with pills, and I have been fighting thoughts of getting more...but I am just trying to take one moment at a time, and fill my moment with something else I like to do!!  I started to gain weight...from eating what I like, so yest.  I just drank a sip of smoothy all day when I was craving something sweet...and keeping busy with activities that I like, cause I am fighting depression (lack of motivation, and wanting to lay down all day), ya know, that is why I am so into that song..move along!  Please keep me posted on how our all doing, k?
  Anyways, I wanted you all to know that you will be constantly on my mind today and in my prayers!
your friend,
Kissy!
Well, I'm proud of ya! I know first hand how hard it is when you have a relative to get them from, and for free too! It sucks bad, but the fact that you arn't giving in is awesome, I gave up on trying to do it alone and am currently going to a Methadone Clinic. Best decision I personally could have made. Good luck to you, and keep your head up!

~Riki
Hey all.. I am a 30 yr old mother of two. I first got prescribed lortab 5.. 60 Qty.  I started out taking a half of a five, b/c I've always been afraid to take pills.. even motrin.  But now after a couple years I'm up to taking 5 lortab 5's 4-5 times a day. I have to stop. It's taking over my life. I'm about to get married in September of 07.. and I just want to feel good. I can't keep going through the withdrawls when I run out too early. Does anyone.. have any suggestions on how to stop? I can't go to a detox clinic.  I don't have any pills to wean off either. This is day one without them and I feel like s**t.  What are the withdrawl (withdrawal) symptoms and how long do they last..? Right now all I know is that I have hot flashes, diarrhea, vomiting, restlessness.. "the craving", and severe pain. Any help I would appreciate.. my email is ***@****  or you can report here...  thanks in advance
just like me u put ur self in this situation and its time to man up i was addicted to lortab 10 and hydro 10 same ****. i took 25to30 a day and i am on day 5 coldturkey its hard but i am proud to say i can do it. If u are man or woman enough to swallow those discusting things as i was than u should  man up and and quit without someone feeling sorry 4 u because thats weak and if u are going to quit do it head on. no weaning IT DOESNT WORK!!!! I TRIED TO MANY TIMES . EITHER GO TO REHAB OR SEE UR DOC AND TELL THEM THE TRUTH OR COLD TURKEY. THATS THE ONLY THREE OPTIONS.......... im sorry if i sound hateful but this tone is what made me get clean.  get clean and stay clean i know i will because i will never put my self through that HORROR AGAIN.........
Hi! I need some advice. My husband has been taking Lortab 10 for about two years now. He's spending all of our money on them and we are way behind on bills. I want to help him in any way to get off of these but he gets them from work. He knows he needs to quit, but it's so hard. I can only do so much. We have been married for five years and he's my soul mate. Everyone has noticed a change in him. He's becoming withdrawn from family and friends. He's still the same towards me but I've still noticed a difference. Please help me on how to help him cope with w/d. Is there anything I can do?
I want to quit.
it has been 12 hours since my last loratab.  I told my husband and two sisters two nights ago. I told my mom and dad today. I know I can do this. I am scared of tomorrow. I want to crawl in a hole and die.
welcome, you have come to the right place.. however this thread you added your post to is from last year, these posts generally get over looked for posts that are newer.. i would hate for you to get ignored. so scroll down and click on Back to forum then on the main page click on Post a question and introduce yourself..
I need some support.  I have been taking large amounts around 30 7.5 lortabs daily for quite some time.  I want to stop.  I went cold turkey again (done it more than once, always relapse) this is my second day and am feeling the pain that I was covering up.  I want any support that anyone can give.  Everyone seems like such great people, with all the same problem.  It makes me feel a little better knowing I am not alone.
Any advice in what I can do to keep clean will be appreciated.
indi,
There is tons of support here.This is a very old post why dont you start a new thread with your story :)
avis
I was taking about 100 mgs a day for two or three months.  My mom changed her hiding spot or keeps them in her braw or something.  I asked her to ween me off, but she does itt very reluctantly with anger and makes me feel guilty.  Some days I only have ten mgs and suffer to death.  Some days I get atleast twenty mgs and get to relax for a while.  We tried weeing off but I cheated.  She's just giving me small doses to prevent withdrawal symptoms like fever and chills.It's been a week now.  I don't feel like doing anything and get very nervous and irratible.  Mom's a doctor.  Though she keeps it a secret, I think she's addicted too.
Mary ,
This is a very old post Why dont you start a new thread so everyone can see it .
Welcome
Im hooked on them too and drink with them all day. I own my own business and go to school but they are both taking the road for the worse, going downhill fast. I never have any energy, I feel drained, but I didnt 5 months ago when I started heavily. What Can I do....?
Hi, I have been off Lortabs for almost a month. I tried several times to quit and usually only made it about five days and went back. I am finally confident that I will stay away from them. I honestly dont even have the urges anymore. And about the energy and feeling drained. You get the energy back. Just know that you have to feel bad before it gets better. Your energy will come back and you will feel much better than you even think you do on the pills. Try vitamins and eating a good breakfast, it honestly works.
I have been on and off lortab/loerect for 4 years....this last bing has lasted  10 months ...i have only gotton up to 6  a day..but not everyday.  I am trying to stop cold turkey. And i am scared. It is to the point i HATE taking them. but if i dont i dont feel normal... i i have no energy to do anything. any advise on how long to i level out? I am a full time student , mom of two and ironically i worked @ a drug and rehab/ mental hospital. I am a hepicrite. I just want to get help but i feel like i will loose my dignity and any respect i may have left. I dont want to die
I need to stop taking lortab asap i am ready to admit i have a problem but not to anyone in my life im to scared i hope someone on here can help me, I take 6 10 mg sometimes 7 and i need them at least i feel like i do to get through the day, I do not even recognize myself anymore i am only 23 and have struggled with this for almost 5 years, Please give me some tips,
i need a website to go to to help me find a drug to get off of Lortab 10.. please help me! i need to know what to tell the doctor! i am so desperate at this point! i work in a health care enviroment and it's not supposed to be this way!
Hello My name is Jolisa!! I have 2 beautiful daughters one is 10 and a half months and my first daughter is in heaven she passed in 07 she was just 2 weeks old!! I started popping lortabs just a little after that and then stopped during my 2nd pregnancy, I started back and I pop about 10 lortab 10's a day!! If I dont have one I am irritable and I hurt, I think my Boyfriend is tired of spending $50.00 a day on tabs!! I just really want to stop them, Does the methadone clinic really work? Please someone respond I need a friend who can relate to me!!
i had my second total knee replacement on the same knee on aug28 and have been fighting with loratabs since i am down to 2 a day but its all i think about,i have 45 left and no refills and have been taking tylenol pm and tylenol liguid for flu to help me sleep,,should i just stop taking the last 45 i have or just continue till i have no more than see where i am at
my fiance and i have been on tabs for almost two yrs. now. it started off as just taking them for fun, then my fiance found out he has two slipped discs in his back, so he was prescribed tabs. our relationship has changed durastically. we used to be so unbelievably happy, and now we argue all the time, and cant hardly have fun anymore. ive tried to come off of these a couple months ago, but it was soo hard. i was in unbelievable pain. so was he. we are just not the same couple we used to be. i feel horrible every single day and every time i take them.  i guess i just need a little support. any kind of feedback or prayers will be helpful. thank you for listening.
-J&M
My name is Nick, I am 22 years old and i have been taking loritabs/hydrocodones for a few years now(2-3yrs)... just like JMAKEUPART i started taking them for fun or just to chill out.. My friends introduced them to me and it has progressively become its an everyday thing. I will spend at least $40 to $50 a week to buy them from people if not more sometimes.. i have recently lost my full time job and only work part time now. its now very aparent that i cannot afford to buy these all the time and still be ok financially. but now i just want to stop all together!  I havent gone more than one day off them since i started and that really scares the **** outta me..i dont want to be addicted to these things for the rest of my life! i just feel like my will to stop isnt stronger than my will to keep taking these. I get the feeling that these little pills rule my life right now and its gotta stop. help please.   Sincerely ,Nick
The original post is over three years old. Those people aren't here anymore. The best way to get help is to start your own, new post.
There are lots of people who can help on this forum
Stay strong
greebs
i posted the message a little while ago and got 2 ppl talkin bout it already. Thanks 4 the help!
Iv done every drug under the sun, and Iv never had one get me like theses dam Lortabs. Iv been on them for about 4years, I have a rod and screws in my hip and leg and I'm only 28. Its bad I don't know what to do. Iv done everything but I just can't stop the doctor has me on 6 a day 180 a month. What to do what to do????????????????????????????????????
Hi Raley & Welcome,

You have come to the right place. There are many members here who will help you get through the withdrawal and guide you on how to stay clean.

First, I need to mention that this post is 4 years old. If no one sees it, it will return to archives and I don't want you to think you are being ignored. So, go to the top of this page and hit the green "Post A Question" button. You can copy and paste what you wrote here and that way it will be your own post. If you have any questions give a yell.

Hope to see you soon.
when u get down to 5mg per day, try taking two advil in the morning after a meal, then wait til a couple hours before u go to sleep to take ur 5mg dose. when ur ready to get off them completely, sunstitute ur nightly 5mg dose with 2 more advil. u will not withdraw if u take the whole weaning process slow enough. i don't know how it works but it does. after taking just the advil for a week or so, u will be good.  i have tried tylenol and straight acetominophine as well for this but the 200mg advils seem to work best.  yw.
I have been on them for over 5 years and just ran out of my latest refill. It has been 3 days now since I've taken one. It is pure hell and I am not sure how to deal. Any suggestions on what I can do to ease the withdraw symptoms?
My husband has been taking Lortab since 2006. He had back surgery in 2007 & 2008 and is now being evaluated to have surgery again. He denied his addiction for a long time. However, I continued to pray to God that he would realize the fact that he needed help. On 12/20/2011 he left home and did not return until 12/22/2011. When he returned home he was truly a mess. He begged me to take him to get some help for fear that the next time he may end up dead. God had to answer my prayer. I don't know exactly what he had taken along with the Lortab but he honestly could not remember how to get home. Therefore, I beg you and all others, please get some help to free yourselves from this addiction. This is serious also fatal business.
I've been reading your posts and I would like to exchange email addresses if we could? Im in the same exact situation and I've gotten to the point where I have to choose to quit. My family & my husband are too important to lose and I feel as though I can't even tell my husband. I want to be truthful to him and it's eating me up inside knowing I'm constantly lying.
How long do you stay where you are at before you reduce and by how much percentage?  For example if you take 6-10's a day how long till you go to 5 or reduce by 12%.  After you are off, what is the feeling and I've heard it takes years to feel normal mentally and to be happy again.  That's my biggest fear but As we all know happiness is directly effected by if we take and if we don't we arent happy..  Thanks
Hi everyone, I'm almost in to 1 month of not taking the drugs of DEMONS LORTABS!!!! It's rough but what choice do I have. Go back to them or go forth. I choose to go forth. Cant wait until I can stop hurting and get my energy back. I  never thought I would ever be the one going through this HELL. I pray if anyone is reading this will think twice before they put that poison in thier body. I will be okay for I have the LORD with me, but as I said it's HELL!!!!!!!!
Hey clean jean , so happy that u r a month clean .im on day 3 of taper and it's very Helpful to see someone else has made it that far Good luck
Hello Everyone,
This is my first post and I'm hoping to make some friends.  6 years ago I was hurt and injured my L/4, L/5 disc.  After trying steroid shots for a while, my orthopedist recommended a lamenectomy.  I had this done and got absolutely no relief.  After an MRI two months later, they found the surgery had not been done properly or more disc had just popped out.  So, another lamenectomy a mere two months later.  After that, my life was and has been a nightmare.  Sciatica down my right leg, down into my toes hurt me day and night.  My orthopedist eventually got tired of prescribing me medication and sent me to a large pain center.

For six years I have been seen by the pain center and treated with multiple epidurals, every three months and various doses of Lortab. They discouraged any more surgery and told me the nerve damage could not be fixed.   I've been on Lortab 5, four times a day for as long as I can remember.  The shots helped, but it was extrememly short term, sometimes just a couple of weeks.  I'm a teacher in my 10th year, and taking two days off every three months has given me an unreliable reputation.

Back in January, a student tripped me on accident and I fell directly back on to my lower lumbar.  From there, I went down hill fast.  After I was told that I had lost more lower disc space, I asked for a referral to an orthopedist.  Instead I was sent to a neurosurgeon.  I was given an anterior fusion (through the belly area) and had an excruciating summer recovery of three months.  Just two weeks ago, my life completely changed.  The pain just disappeared!  A visit yesterday confirmed that the new bone has started to grow.  I can't remember what life was like without pain....but here I am!  Because I felt so good, I stopped taking my Lortab.  I wasn't hurting and didn't think about it.  BIG MISTAKE.  Now I'm having anxiety and panic attacks non-stop.  My doc says that even when I do try to taper down, it's going to be ROUGH.

I'm ashamed.  I've missed the last four days of work due to the severity of the anxiety.  I'm back on my full dose of 4 pills a day and hope it builds back up in my system soon.  I simply cannot afford to miss school.  I never expected to feel this good and want to taper down.  Maybe half a pill around Christmas when I have a break?  I don't know how to explain this to my principal in a way that doesn't come with the stigma of drug abuse.  My back is better now, but I feel like the Lortab has won.
No, no, no. The Lortab has not won. We can help you here...

Do this...start your own thread because you hooked up with one that is old.
Just go to the top and click on "post a question" and copy and paste all of this. You'll get plenty of responses and a lot of support.
hello i started taking loratab 10 when i was 17 and had my first kid i got addicted i liked the energy the gave me i am now 25 and still taking them i have a problem with energy part when i stop taking them i have no energy at all it ***** when u have two kids i have tried taking vitamins and energy drinks and it still doesnt help help!!!!!!!!!!!!! need support my family is all addicts i dont wanna end up like them
Hello everyone whom has decided to stop taking the tabs!
I have been taking everyday for 3 years to help perform my work production and keep me going when everyone else has gave in to tieredness. Up until my dearest friend of all time found she has cirroses of the liver, I never wanted to quit taking them. Now I'm on my 3 rd day without eating any and proud to say so after reading some reviews. I have lots of friends who take them and then stop at once like that & I ask them about the after affect. Some say they ache from 3 ta 5 days and some say they itch for a few days and it's over. I am fine now on my 3rd day. It's all in the will and your head. The tabs are the main ingredient to cirroses folks, & my dear friend is dying because of them! Do like I did, take 2 after making your mind up to quit, throw the others in the toilet and watch what they look like when dissolving, all that filters thru the liver! Good luck you guys. May God help you conquer on times like these.
I saw your post and I feel for you!  I have an addiction to Lortabs and I had to do something about it.  I was prescribed them for back/neck pain, bone spurs, bad hip, etc...  I started out taking 1-2 a day, then within a year , 8 a day, before I knew it I was up to 20-30 a day!!!!   My life was out of control, I lost a biuiness, my rock band suffered, and I felt hopeless!   I got a hold of a few suboxon and it worked!   I took it for  7 days, then I weened down to a few pieces a day, and now 17 days later I am free of my addiction!!  I am so grateful for the suboxon!  It saved my life!   I am 50 years old, and I NEVER ever had an addiction before...  I now take motrin 800 for pain, it works....  I just was so addicted that I didn't want to believe it!  also, you have to know that life is ok after you get off them!   I know it is hard, and you feel hopeless but yu can do it!   Prayer, willpower, and suboxon...   I will pray for you my friend and I promise you it will be ok!   Just do it!  not for your children, husband, or family, but for you!!!   Love ya! Dave
When taking pain meds they block your nerve pain receptors, so over time your body/nerves get used to this blocking happening. Once u want to stop taking it your nerves start firing out like crazy and there is no longer that block there so until u can completly get off of it and get your body and nerves back to working normally, your once 3 pain level will increase and feel like a 6. It tends to make u weaker to pain, almost playing tricks on u. I hope that makes sense. Its hard to explain, but thats what my doctors have told me, and what I have read. It doesnt cause u to feel pain, but it can increase the feeling of pain u already have.
The best way to wean is to cut out one pill every 5 days.
Nilagirl has noot been on here since Dec 15  2006.  Perhaps
she is still reading these?