Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
help with Suboxone withdrawals

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

help with Suboxone withdrawals

Hello all,
OMG day five, hubby is detoxing from Suboxone, he is preety grumpy and hurting.. he had taken it for 15 months but down to 1-8mg a day, sum days he took 8 mg and other days he could get away with half of it.... I have done soooo much research to find a natural way to help him, but nothing so far has been found... anyone out there can help us ?
Thank you in advance
Tags: Addiction
I believe that you should ask your doc for some ativan and clonidine.
thank you but we dont have one... and cant afford one, this is why he isnt seeing the suboxone dr any more. this addiction has broken us.....
please see FLaddict posts re: aminos and natural help---from 7/1 on, there are some great posts, and she helped me ALOT
Jumping off of Suboxone at 4-8mgs was not a great idea... does he have any left he can taper with???  I used it and tapered down to 0.5 mgs for 2 days b4 stopping it..
immodium can help, hylands restful legs, B-complex, lots of fluids and hot bathes or showers.. melatonin can help some people sleep, benzos like valium for a few days also help..

I wish you two the best... if you have any questions.. I am kinda the 'sub nazi' around here...
Ultram (tramadol) worked for me.  Was on sub for 3 months. Got addicted. Completely took away sub withdrawal. It works like a narcotic but it's not.
Stay on it only long enough to get thru worst of it.  Some say you can get addicted to it. Like anything if you use it too long it may be adverse.
Good luck.
This is a sad post and I'm sorry he is going through this as well as you are with him.......
This is why I have tried to get a point across that a patient cannot treat himself......
They say a Lawyer who defends himself has a fool for a client.....

An addict cannot control taking drugs how can you expect an addict to responsibly use a detox med to stop using........thats ludicrous...

These so called addiction doctors are a joke........

Recovery is not about switching one drug for another......so many times I read I got on Methodone to get off Heroin but now I have been on Methodone for 7 yrs.......I started taking Suboxone to get off pain pills but now I have been on Suboxone for 2 yrs......that is nothing but switching addictions.........

Recovery is about being clean PERIOD

go to detox,,inpatient ....drug rehab..inpatient..talk to drug counselors......
go to N/A...stay away from friends who still use......cut them off totally......

This is what someone who is very serious about recovery would do anything else is like putting perfume on a pig to make it smell better........
Sorry for such strong words but addicts have zillions of excuses, zillions of lies....you have to get honest and quit lying to yourself and everybody you talk to............

Stopping using is easy,,,,,,,then W/Ds are harder but Recovery is extremely hard and takes very hard work.....and a plan to get clean.......

hey all thanks for your postive and negtive responses, i did look for the posting from fladdict but could not find it... Hubby is doing a little better, LESS GRUMPY, but still hurting... His last dose was fri/sat morning (he cant remember) ... I have tried lots that i found on these posting and seems to be working well.... I am hopfully, thanks so much....... psst. although hubby is and will always be an addict, it is his mind that is so strong willed that will get him clean and sober, like they say you have to want it to be sucessful...forever grateful
The first point is that opiate addiction is a life-long illness. Anonymous does not say how long he or she has been ‘in recovery’, but for the most part it does not matter; people who have been clean for years or even decades will find themselves brought instantly back to the mess they thought they left behind, after just a percocet or two.A second point concerns the nature of withdrawal. I am convinced that the intensity of withdrawal is more related to the intensity of prior withdrawals than to the amount of drug used.A third issue is the legality of prescribing opiates. It is illegal for anyone to prescribe a narcotic for the purpose of avoiding withdrawal, with the exception of certified methadone clinics or suboxone prescribers.
--------------------------------
dennie
kansas drug rehab
Hello,I on 8mg of suboxzone for about 3yrs.I'm so ready to stop and very afraid of the withdrawal,can anyone help me get through this? What should I or shouldn't do? Thank you,Jeff