Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
help with withdrawal shakes

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

help with withdrawal shakes

hey guys im doing great, with a few exceptions.  I have horrible shakes in my hands.  I also have muscle spasms, but I realize they'll fade in time.  The thing is I'm starting school and look like I'm on hard drugs.  In detox when I quit a while ago they gave librium, but is there anything else for the hand tremors?
sweetie,..i am not sure about what you can do anout the shakes..you are only on day 6..you must give it time..(and congrats for that day 6)..it will take time for your body to heal..do you exercise regularly and eat well?? these things are very important and highly underrated..The only things I can think of to help would be adicting as well...just give it a little more time..
geez...sorry about the typos..lol
ya, the hand shakes seem to stick around for a while.

i know they are embarrasing too. I never did find anything to help it. just kind of hid it or blamed it on too much coffee that day if anyone said anything. i think it was gone after like a month or so.
i avoided coffee and caffeine during detox...still do really..theanine is a calming amino...kava kava helps as well...lots of calming herbs that can help...even a cup of hot green t can help