heroin and it's effects on teeth
I have a question, does heroin effect your teeth especially if you are snorting it, I am pretty sure it would be just wanted confirmation.'

In the last few months my ex had to have 11 teeth pulled out of the back of his mouth, I know sounds gross but you cant' really tell because he still has his front teeth, he is claiming many excuses but I would assume it's due to the drugs, could someone verify for me.  he's been using heroin for about 3 years maybe longer, he goes through times when he is clean almost a year then he starts again, then about 5 months and then he starts again.
Ya,any opiate or drug that causes drymouth will destroy your teeth if your not extreamly diligent about brushing and flossing etc.. Ive lost a few teeth from using oxys and morphine over the last 8 yrs and I was seeing a dentist regularly.
Yes I confirm what Tracey says Not enough saliva in the mouth to keep washing away bacteria from the teeth, as an ex Heroin user my self and 8 teeth later I can attest to that. Been clean going on 3 decades and have kept the rest. take care
you have been clean from heroin for 3 decades wow!  that is amazing, would you mind telling me a little bit how you got there etc.  I only ask because I was engaged to a heroin addict and he's been on and off for about 3.5 years....he just relapsed again a few weeks ago and that is why I called off the wedding.

how hard was your journey obviously its doable but could you give me some details..if you don't feel comfortable I understand.
Absolutely i think yes dry mouth lack of saliva , im of to dentist this friday arghhhhh! I've only had 1 tooth pulled in 7yrs but lots and lots of cavitys fillings.
i was put on vicodin and percs for over a year because i had severe dental issues .i did not have the money to get them taken care of because it was so $$$ instead of the dentists helping me they just keep giving me these meds...for over a year and now i finally had the work done and now i am here 8 days clean..it was aweful..i was told i had meth mouth and everything i was even tested for drugs by doctors and lost friends because they thought i was doing meth or other and that hurt so bad..i never did any of that..my teeth were rotted and severly infected and broke and infection was spreading to my heart and all..i know that has nothing to do with your ?? but i just wanted to share a little of my story..
I don't mind talking about it. First I wanted off the sh&t real bad, it had brought me to my knees. It took 3 ct within about an 8 mo period to kick. I also had to leave my family of 8 bro and sis and move about an hour away to put distance between me and my dealer. I have walked away from that addiction but into the arms of another. I wish thinking back I would have attended meetings as I never took into account the power of addiction I thought I beat the Gorilla so I was safe, not true. After care is very important!! I will be back in about 45 min if you would like to know more just ask sharing is what gets us thru this Limbo
Hi I'm back I left you a note and a friendship invitation Limbo
hi.  i'm interested in getting some advice as well if you don't mind.  i just found out a friend of mine is addicted to heroin.  i had no idea this was happening but it all makes sense now.  i want to help her but don't know how.  her parents have cut her off and now she's gotten to the point where she's lost her job, has no place to live, and is asking people for money.  how can i help her?  
I'm curious to know how people get addicted.  heroin has such a stigma as do others and can't imagine someone at a party saying here is heroin you want to try it?  Is it slipped into something or u r told it's something different?  If not why?  There are many other less addictive drugs.  Just curious how u got started.  I'm here cause I think a friend is an addict and Thot meth but after reading signs, she matches heroin more.  Teeth are very dark do Thot meth.
Im curious to know how people get addicted.  heroin has such a stigma as do others and can't imagine someone at a party saying here is heroin you want to try it?  Is it slipped into something or u r told it's something different?  If not why?  There are many other less addictive drugs.  Just curious how u got started.  Im here cause I think a friend is an addict and Thot meth but after reading signs, she matches heroin more.  Teeth are very dark so Thot also  meth.  Will binge eat 5 to ten chocolate bars in a few hours.
Meetings and people in the rooms saved my life. The addict has to want it; they have to acknowledge a problem. Rehab helped me get clean and NA keeps me clean. You have to change everything. Block old using friends and dealers, stop talking to people in active addiction, stop going around where you got high. The way I stay clean is by hanging out with people in recovery and asking for help. Just attend one meeting and see how it makes you feel. Open up and share. Ask for help. It works if you put forth effort. If you want to stay clean you can do it. The disease of addiction is a beast. I relapsed multiple times this year but had 2 years in the past. I have 42 days now and have never felt better. Using the tools necessary and asking for help makes a huge difference
People on meth rarely eat and they'll be up for days. Here's the real sign: math isers eyes will be dilated and heroin users pupils with be constricted - like you can barely see them (and my face used to be super pale). It's a completely different look.
Meth users* damn auto correct