Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
hesitant, but have to be completely honest to heal..............

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

i know how you feel. believe me! i was doing pretty good and ran across some pills in the house and of course i took them. that is hard to admit, but i know i have to if i want to confront this totally. now i feel horrible for the slip, knowing i have let myself down and have to start all over again. combed through the house in the middle of horrible anxiety and found them. i am feeling a little better reading comments from people who feel the same as i. not that i want people i care about to have anxiety and w/d's but knowing you're not alone is comforting. i need some love........CR_ST_NA
Just use it as a learning experience. It just goes to show how easy it is to get back on pills. You shouldn't have to start all over again. Just make sure there aren't anymore around to tempt you. Just keep going strong! Best of luck to you!
brian
HEY, thanks for the words of encouragement. i hate feeling like a failure, i want to be vicorious over this. this disease is so cunning and if makes me feel so small, like a weak little animal. needing prayers tonight. want to wake up in the morning with a fresh possitive outlook. thanks again. c
hi sweetie sorry for your relapse  but i am glad you were honest and posted it.  do you take something for the anxiety atta cks?  i have seen several ppl post lately they relapsed during a panic attack..maybe you should get smething for short term during w/ds.  just be sure you use them responsibly....i know that s hard for an addict, but be honest with your dr so he will just give you enough for a week or so.  you honesty says alot about your commitment...get back on track now and dont let this drag you down even further.  one of the problems w/ relapse is the mental toll it takes.  your mind will beat you up and call you a failure, tell you you already messed up mite as well get some more...you are never gonna do this...dont give in to those thoughts.  NOT TRUE.  you relapsed thats it.  tomorrow is a new day..welcome it with the new you.  good luck and keep posting...keep us posted about you too
many prayrs
cathy
I am so proud of your honesty!! That shows a lot about you as a person!!! As Cathy stated, pick back up in the morning, and start again. Do not let this get you down!! Best of luck. You can do this. Happy Easter.
I admire your honesty. Don't let this beat you. Today is a new day and we always have a chance for a fresh start.
I agree with Cathy that you should look into something to help with the panic/anxiety.
We're all still here for you and know that you can do this. Hang in there.
i am taking in all of the encouragement and support. thank you so much. being rigerously honest about it all is hard but necessary. the last thing i want is to keep it hidden so that it eats me up inside. it is freeing to let it out and discuss it. i'm looking forward to Easter to mark the reserection of a new self. i am so very greatful that you are all here with me durring this difficult season of my life. god bless........ CR
yea i will take your advice and talk to my dr on monday. the hardest thing is to tell my hubby. not that he won't understand or be supportive. i just hate to think i have let him down. i am so blessed to have such a wonderful loving man in my life, to feel like i have dissapointed him is the most aweful feeling. just have to go forward from here and let him know, i am still commited to my recovery. thanks again to everyone. this forum has been key to my well being. so very greatful.... CR
we care and want to see you make it.  success stories are what this forum is all about.  you can do this and we will be here to help.  and we will be here to rejoice in your days of victory of abuse.