Aa
A
A
Close
372416 tn?1242669352
hot shower or hot tub?
I'm showering frquently as hot as I can take it for my back pain which lead to this habit that I'm 8 days clean of.  I switch around Tylenol, Advil & BC Powder.  Does anyone know if this pain is part of the withdrawals?  I've had the flu symptoms in my past failed detoxes, but not this one b/c of the Thomas recipe, I think.  Anyway, is a hot bath any better?  I have a whirlpool tub, but that big bathroom is too cold.
Cancel
5 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I took hot baths not showers. In my opinion you cant really relax your muscles if your using them to stand up. Also, try epsom salt soaks. This works well too! I'm not sure if you are male or female, but, I also used a aromatic bath oil or bubble bath it just seemed calming to me.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
199177 tn?1332183097
I would says for me baths were better . Yes the pain you are doing threw is normal WD.Do you have an electric blanket if not it is so worth it to get one .You can curl up in it .
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
352798 tn?1399301754
Yep. This is normal. Hot baths with Epsom salts to relax the muscles works wonders. It will take awhile for the body to re-regulate it's temperature. After it sort of regulates, the core is OK but the hands and feet are soooooooo colddddd!!!!!! That goes away too, after a few weeks.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
390416 tn?1275188687
Hot baths worked for me...I needed to hav emy legs soak in the hot water....then don't forget to massage them w/ lotion when you get out..or they will become dry  from too many baths!!! heating pads, exercise if you can....it helps get the bood flowing to your mucscles.
Good luck!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
388261 tn?1215403444
Hot baths are the way to go. When I detox, I have to take about 6-7 a day just for the pain in my legs. I also will put oils in my baths to keep my skin from drying out. And, drink LOTS of fluids to flush your system.

Hope it all goes well.

Peace
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Addiction: Substance Abuse Community Resources