Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
hour one is here

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

hour one is here

Well here goes nothing, I'm done with the oxy's and I'm scared. I took my last oxy 5hrs ago and going from so much to nada is scary. I have noone to talk to, noone that that understands. All my family sees is that this is just another "thing" with Mel. They have been down this road with me before and are reluctant to go down it with me again. They think I have chosen this, and in a way i suppose I have, but I def didn't choose to have this chronic pain. I did everything the doctors told me to do, tried every alternative presented to me and found on my own my doing research but I seem to be the small percentage of the pts that don't respond to treatment. I've been through the recovery before with cocaine and that's still a struggle to this day and I've been off coke for 7yrs. Will the cycle ever stop? What's gonna give this time around? Coke was a recreational, oxy's never were so how did this happen. Nevertheless, its time to start over again. I can't live in the past and why did I do this or why didn't I do that, I can only learn from the past and hope that it will make my future better. it has to, i have no other options.
I use to tell people about back pain that for someone who doesn't know it personally,no explanation is possible, for those that do, no explanation is necessary. I don't know about the pelvic pain [I'm a guy], but I very aware of disc buldging etc, which is like I mentioned already. I've done the narcotic route[oxy's etc.] for several years and they arn't as good of therapy as they were. I did have some of the self termination thoughts before, but I've been tapering and they have went away. The narcotics seem to put those lousy thoughts in our heads, but they will quit, when we do. Or at least get your dose down, down, smaller lesser, unimportant and gone. I'm having a bit of a rough time at the moment and it's hard to type but want to get out to you to let you know that you are not alone!! Nope.Nada. It's hard to believe I know that after a while on narcotic pain management, it really does seem to increase the pain and require more medication. At least it does to me. My goal at this time cuz I've been in pain for decades now is to make darn sure I'm treating real pain and not the induced pain from the pills. I'm sick, in pain and just a few hours ahead of you and until I make my mind up it's time to jump, I'm not claiming anything, I wish you peace and will try to watch your progress. You are at a pretty high dose to ct, but others have done it. Congratulations on your decision!!
I' on hour 26 or something like that but I hear the fear cz i felt it.  I dont really feel up to typing but you can do it.  I have over a day in and yees, it wasn't fun, but its behind me now.  Good luck and god bless, i will following your progress.
I am  on 30 hours and my legs are going crazy and i feel depressed and so alone. My head is pounding and I cant sleep but i am yawning like crazy...
I am a first timer and is this the WD? how long will it last?
yes, it is withdrawals you are going through, your not alone, a lot of folks on here are doing it too, have a warm bath, drink plenty of fluids look after yourself, you will get there,  what are you coming off?   god bless, sudie
2 or 3 days of the real rough physical part..The night sweats,,hard time sleeping,,anxiety(when will it end), total lack of energy, no apettite, RLS ,some have it in the legs, some in the arms (like me)..Hard to gauge intensity because we all are different and alot depends on amounts used over what period of time..

72 hrs is the tipping point in most cases when things turn for the better(slowly)..These 1st few days are hard if your not mentally prepared for them..You have to push thru ""no matter what"..Thats the best you can do and set your sights on breaking thru..I feel for you all. Been there,done that..Its not an enjoyable experience by any means..
Listen to what everyone here has to say, I have been through it and it is hell, no lie. But it is only temporary, very temporary... When you are done detoxing life will be awesome! It took e about 2 weeks or so to get back to feeling like I was back on top of the world physically and mentally, so it's not a quick fix type of thing.  After a week the worst was over physically, and slightly mentally. The second week was no joyride either though, it too was tough but not as bad as week 1 as I was able to work and socialize moderately during my second week.  After about 2 weeks or so, you will start to feel wonderful.  I have gone through detox twice, hopefully I will never again.  From over 200mg of oxy/roxy/hydro or whatever I could get to a month later running 4 miles a day and exercising, socializing, feeling and looking great! I Couldn't imagine going back to the life of pills.  Life is wonderful, it is worth the hell which is detox.  Just hold on day by day, and before you know it the pills will be an afterthought and life will be amazing.  I have even an added appreciation for life after getting off of the pills, I can say life is awesome right now.  It can be for you too, the detox will be over and life will start again. Just DONT GIVE UP!!!
Good luck :)
I'm going crazy, the abd cramping, sleeplessness, pain in every bone in my body! I feel like I may break if someone touch's me. My family treats me as if I don't exist making this that much worse...I guess if you avoid something long enough it will go away...I haven't eaten in days & I'm not even into the withdrawals full blown yet, I can't do this, can I??
Do you have some immodium? If not, get it or get someone to get it for you..The lack of eating with the possible stomach/bathroom problems will dehydrate you fast..Make toast if you have to. Try to eat something..Need to change that last statement you made too : I can do this,,can't I?  Heck yeah you can...No fun at all but fight for these next three days with everything you've got..Try deparately not to think too much about the feelings..The more you dwell in them the worse things are..Same as laying in the bed too long staring at the ceiling. Get up and move around some. Even if its a lap around the living room..Stand strong..This is a battle to take your life back..
No immodium, no need yet. I'm trying to get down some tea..I can't get comfortable, the blankets are either to heavy or not warm enough. This is hell!!
Your darn right it is..Get some immodium though..Really..the first two times I didn't appreciate what it could do for a person except at the tail end of the second round. This past round that started for me Dec 31st I had it on hand as I knew the value of it..Please get some if you can...And keep the fluids going along with what food you can eat even if its toast. If the stomach problems hit, they need something to "move" if you catch my drift..Diarrehea on an empty stomach makes things ten times worse..No Lie..
Is anyone out there, I'm really struggling to hang on here

I just need to hear that there is someone out there that has chronic pain & is able to live life without narcotics. To top it off my pelvic pain/problems are flaring up & I'm in excruciating pull out my hair pain. I want this, I need this but I'm having a hard time seeing the light at the end of the tunnel
Hang there please!! I cant say i have been excatly where you are at but i know the feeling of thinking there is nobody that cares. It is a crap feeling to have.. But please try to stay focused on yourself and the amount of satisfaction you can gain for yourself by working thru this!
Keep it up please, I'm on day two CT and I know wat your going through, aside from your chronic pain and I feel so sorrrrrry for that.  But I read somewhere on this site that while your in WD's the pain in your body is much more intense than it really is because your coming off your substance and it feels more intense.  I also know that there are heavyduty anti-inflammatory pain meds that are non-narcotic and work pretty well such as TORADOL, they're pretty hard on your stomach though.  But please keep it up, like i said i'm on day two and i've been following your progress and it is actually pushing me to keep going believe it or not.  You are inspiring me to keep it up so lets do it together. I hope this helps.  Good luck and god bless you.
QRSED: thanks for your words of encouragement, its nice to know were not alone although in a physical sense we are. I really am trying but each minute that goes by is an eternity I pray for sleep, but get nothing but restlessness & the pain is to a point where I'm sobbing for just a second of relief, pounding on my legs for that pain distracts me from the other. I've started vomiting everything I put in my stomach, so I've gone to sucking on ice I truly feel like I'm on the brink of death & as funny as its not I would welcome it right now...like I said I'm barely hanging on & its not even been 24hrs yet. I'm supposed to work in 2 days & if I don't I won't have a job. Again back to the double-edged sword. But you hang in there & know your in my prayers!
Oh dear sweet Jesus please help me or take me home
I feel you, i know you are suffering, we all sense the urgency for even a moment of relief. Be easy pounding on yourself, when this goes away those places on your body will hurt. I quit about 5 weeks ago from you dosage, and it was like it is for you now. I have pain issues as well, and made the choice to taper, which I did till 24 hours ago. It's a lot better this time, now it's only horrible. You should somehow get mosst of the vitamins recommended here and, like dear vicki says 4 motrins every 8 hours. YOu have to get liquids and some nutrition in you or you'll dehydrate,which can be dangerous, Will somebody get you that whey protein powder Gnarly1 recommends? I just had a glass it's good, and if you have to throw up it tastes a lot better than bile. You are not alone, you are not, pull thru this or taper but I can not keep going thru this and have to quit, so do you, peace!
I hope you are able to hang in there, I know it is tough right now, but in a short time you will have this stuff out of your system and be happy that you did it!

I found that after I had detoxed the narcotics from my system, the OTC pain relievers worked really well.

Try some of the suggestions in the Thomas recipe and the Amino acid protocol, they are listed in the Health pages in the upper right portion of this page.

Please consider some after care......That could just make this the last time you have to W/D from anything!

Hang in there and keep posting.......it will help.
All i can tell you is i feel better on day two than day one but do not take that the wrong way because i still feel horrible and everyone is different.  If you have to go to work in a couple of days you may have to consider tapering off as "petroglyph54" mentioned because I have heard some of the WD's can last 5 days.  I do not mean to frighten you I just thought you should know.  I do not know what type of work you do but maybe you should consult with some of the senior members on the site.  I am sure they would be more than happy to give you some insight. Good luck to you and you'll be in my thoughts
Just hang in there,,,both of you..It will pass. You have to focus and believe in it..These days will soon be history..
I Have been thinking about you and I hope you are still hanging tough.  Hope to see you post soon. You can do this!!  Someone told me to think about all the reasons you want to quit and keep reminding yourself about them.  What also worked for me was getting mad at the drug for everything it has taken away from me. I would be alone in the washroom upstairs and I would just start cursing at that little demon pill.  I'm still doing this because I'm not finished with day two CT yet.  It probably sounds stupid and I'm sure I'll laugh about it one day but it occupied my time for at least a little bit.  Any way please keep fighting and keep posting.  Also take hot soaks that really helps too.  I wish you all best of luck.
You learning QRSED..There's nothing stupid about what you just said..Its the most powerful tool you have right now..Acknowledging what the pills did to you and getting angry about it. And its the truth. 100%.. Your doing great..
I am a RN so right there causes a problem in itself. I am surrounded by every legal narcotic imaginable..not that I would ever dream of taking my pts meds, I also have never been in this state & having to take care of someone else. I work in a Cardiac ICU so being anything less than on top of my game & sharp on my toes is unacceptable because I care for the acutely ill & one mistake on my part could mean there life. I love what I do but don't know if right now I can take care of anyone but myself. So I'm considering taking the week off. I can't taper because I flushed the oxy's down the toilet, stupid maybe but I'm desperate to get clean & stay clean. The only way I was able to function at work before was on the pills, they allowed me to do my job & not be curled up in a ball in pain on the couch hence $y fear of stopping. Will I be able to do my job anymore? Will I be able to lift? God I need help to get through this. The more time that passes I see that those pills enabled me to work, but with how clear of a mind? I always took much higher doses when off the clock, taking the bare minimum to get me through a 12hr shift, but now what? I'm scared scared I won't be able to do what I love because of this debilitating disease have I lost it? I feel as if I'm going crazy, barely hanging on...thanks for all of your help, encouragement & advice..you all are saving my life whether you realize it or not & I sincerely thank you
I'm really feeling for you!  I'm in serious pain, though probably not like yours, and without the oxys the pain is kicking my butt!!!!   I just pray it will pass too, along with fantasizing about drugs.

You are far from alone. I'm on day  4 1/2.  It WILL pass!!!  Wether or not you use, the time will pass. So far better to not use.  You've already given up other problems successfully! I know you can do it!  I relate a lot!  My family's been thru a lot with me, too. They don't even know about my most recent issue... they are just so grateful I quit drinking years ago, and are now proud of me for quitting smoking New Year's Eve...  I did tell them I stopped taking my pain medication for broken ribs (An accident snapped several right in half and fractured the rest!) because I didn't think it was good for me.  They took it as another sign that I'm so much healthier!  I don't want them to know the truth... and only because they don't deserve to worry. They've had so much worry already and already lost a child, my little brother, when he was 22.  I don't want them in fear!  God bless them!  

I really feel for you.  You my support, and the support of all of us here!  Stay strong. I know you can.  Your "sweet Jesus" comment made me cry. I'm so there with you!
I'd seriously consider taking the week off Me1025..Next week will be tough, but this week and work??Umm,,um..Thats from my April CT where I jumped from 3-40's a day..That was real hard on me..This last time I tapered with 10mg hydro which helped alot, but even then, those first few days I would have had a hard time working..At especially what your talking about...This is a tuffy..Its a shame you didn't find the site sooner but thats a mute point now..
I can't keep anything down, my body is screaming in pain and I don't know what to do anymore. I'm trying the thomas recipe but my stomach can't tolerate the vitamins, can't tolerate anything. Is this normal? I haven't slept despite taking klonopin. My body is shivering out of control, I can't imagine this getting much worse and I dont know how much longer I can hold on....I am on my knees pleading with you Lord to give me strength, better yet take me home
Okay...I just read this thread and it's breaking my heart. Believe me. I'm an RN,also.ICU/CCU/PACU.  Don't go to work. That's my opinion. You won't be able to "do it"
and I think it's better to get fired than work in this condition. This is important. Right now,right here. There are other jobs but only one you!

You know all of this but I'll say it anyway: DRINK and drink a lot. You have to. Dehydration will kick your butt bad!!  Call someone to get you some pepto bismal and Immodium. Tell them (for now) you have the flu. Ask for help. You have the flu. Got it?? Don't be there alone...let your family/friends help you. We all get sick.

Now, you will get through this. You won't die. You'll want to but you won't! Good thoughts. Pick up the phone and call anyone you want...you need a little help here.

Sip on some Pepsi or ginger ale or tea. Take a hot bath...it feels really good. Post back and keep us updated...you are not alone!  
I feel like I'm getting nowhere with this, is it supposed to be this bad? I can't tell anyone besides the 2 people that know or found out. The shame of admitting defeat yet again? 22yrs of drug use, 22 yrs wasted, my youth gone, body destroyed....It all began so long ago because someone hurt me, took my innocence away and drugs allowed me to bury that shame, that fear, the disguist of that night away. The anxiety is building making it hard to breathe...i feel like its all moving in slow motion, my past replaying that a video. I know the past is something i can't change and this addiction is something I can but I can't escape my demons. I'm sorry none of this makes sense
Thank you vicki595 for your encouragement. You all are really saving me here, helping me hang on
No,it doesn't make sense. But no one said it had to.  Don't try to analyze this right now,okay?   What you're feeling is,unfortunately,normal. The good news is,it doesn't last very long.  

Listen to me. You don't have to tell anyone anything right now. Just say you have the flu and ask for some help at your place...I think the distraction and conversation will be good for you. You need to get out of your head.

There will be some pain,yes. That's where the hot baths really help. It's amazing but,in a day or so you'll be able to take Motrin 800 and actually feel some pain relief.

Who do you think you could call to go to the store for you?
If you can't call anyone you can get a taxi, both ways to do it for you. Don't dehydrate, Those protein powder drinks go down easy and they taste a lot better if they come up, get the immodium, you'll probably want it. It's gonna be hard anyway it goes, but the only way to stop this misery is to quit taking it in, that's what i'm telling myself right now. My back is going into fits and spasm, have to keep hitting the "backspace" key, I get a chuckle out of myself, sweating, coughing, sneezing,,haven't slept. The only way to not feel like this is to hold on for a few more days. You can do this! It isn't supposed to be easy, but didn't know it would be so hard and miserable. If it was easy we'd have no incentive to stay clean. There are many pulling for you and suffering in silence right along with you, that don't make it feel any better, but we do know how you feel. I'm wearing out my backspace key, Come on girl, you got this one soon!!
You can do this!  I've been following your posts and I really feel for you. Listen to Vicki everything she said will help. Everyones WD's are different and maybe the worst is first for you, it will get better. I was in really bad shape yesterday (chills, shakes, RLS, spasms, hot, cold, goose bumps etc.) but today i feel a little better. Keep moving forward and dont stress about sleep, just accept that you will not be sleeping much and if you do fall asleep think of it as a gain, thats what I did. I cannot comprehend the pain you must be in but i feel for you.  It may be hard but try taking advil or tylenol or the motrin Vicki suggested, it can't hurt.  Remember the pain is probably worse because your body is in WD and wants the drug.  My prayers are with you and will be thinking of you. Keep posting and stay strong.  YOU GOT THIS!!!  
I've been trying to talk to my sister, which has been a godsend, I live with her and her family and unfortunately for them, they are the ones who have seen me through each one of my recoveries. But where I come into a problem is my sister is a PA for a pain clinic, the one I went to and the one I was discharged from for reasons I will not endulge at this time. So she sees it from a prescribers point of view and then there's me on the opposite side of the spectrum. Regardless she is trying her best to help me get through this. I have had no success is keeping anything down, have taken several hot baths/showers but I haven't given up yet. Hopefully in the next few hrs I can keep down some fluids for I def feel the dehydration setting in...yuck!
Hey..You need to get some meds in you to stop you from puking. If your sister is a PA she can probably get something for you.  I know you know this already but you are dehydrated NOW. You don't want it to get worse!!   You need those "electric lights" !!!
Try sips of something like peppermint tea...

I'm glad to hear you're with your sister. I was under the impression that you were all alone.

Stay with it!!
She gave me phenergan, which has now allowed me to keep some gatorade down. one step at a time. The pain is so intense at this moment my fingers hurt to type so gotta go
Hi, this is Sara (Me1025's sister). I saw this website up on her computer and have read through the posts between all of you and my sister and would like to thank you so very much for the support so many of you have shown her in this last twenty-four hours. She is precious to me and our family, and she is so sick right now. I have never seen her withdrawals this severe. It is to a point I think we may have to take her to the ER just for hydration if she cant keep more fluids in her system soon. I was just wanting to thank all of you from our family and may God bless and be with all of you in your recoveries.

Sara
You HAVE to, absolutely HAVE to make sure you're eating and drinking plenty of fluids(preferably water). If you're going cold turkey off of a high dosage it is very essential for you to stay hydrated or else you will feel very sick. I know how rough this is for you. I was snorting 3-4 30mg oxycodone pills a day for the past 8-9 months and went cold turkey with my last use at 1:00pm est. last Thursday. I'm almost going into day six now and believe me its getting a lot better, the hardest is the first 3-4 days and then slowly afterward you'll start feeling better, not a whole lot better, but better. And please take me seriously when i say drink plenty of water, vitamins are very beneficial to the withdrawal process as well.

I had very restless legs and arms causing excruciating pain in my calf's and making it very hard to sleep, along with anxiety, depression, loss of energy and motivation, lack of sleep(about 4-5 hours a night), loss of appetite, and worst of all the craving to do just one more. Its no joke when people compare it to a living hell, and just think to yourself "Do I really want to go through this again?".

Now in a couple of days i have an appointment to go see someone at a treatment center to get myself evaluated. I already know right now that I'm going to do some counseling, but something they might suggest is to see a doctor about a drug called suboxone.

You may not seem like you would need treatment like this because you were doing what your doctor told you to do, but from what i hear it is very effective in preventing a relapse. Ask your doctor about suboxone, and do some research on it yourself. Tonight i took a quarter of one and it made me feel great, it made me feel like me again without the pills.

Please if you have any more questions or just want to get your feelings out about what you're going through, feel free to message me.

Hi Sara- You're welcome. I was concerned about the dehydration. If she had some more fluid on board I think she'd feel better. Plus,she needs some minerals. It helps a lot to take calcium,mag.etc..It helps the pain and quiets the restless legs.

Let us know what happens and post any time!
you may also want to try adding Epsom salts to bathwater when soaking in the tub, I believe there is magnesium in the salt which will enter the body through the pores.  Good luck.
Get some Progresso Vegetable soups..They were about the only thing I could tolerate..It was in small spoonfuls here and there at first, but as I ate more, it agreed with me more..I went mainly for the broth in them at first..I'd make pieces of toast too or nibble on crackers some, but within a day or so I started making sandwiches to go with it...When I thought of a meat and 3 veggie dinner or something, I just couldn't phantom it..Those soups really did help me though..I broke my time up with spoonfuls in mind as well..Every hr I would make myself get a little. So that was like gaining ground in each time increment saying to myself "ok, chaulk up another success and now go for the next"..

And Sara, I am very happy to hear you are there to help..There's a lesson being learned here about exactly how bad these pills can affect a person..As well as highlight how void the warnings are of the true nature of fullblown wd's from the oxy's...Regardless of whether a person is taking them as prescribed, over time, they will take a terrible hold on a person..Addict or not, they extract consequences which most don't realize is waiting for them until they decide to change course..And that change course comes from the person recognizing the fog the pills create after extended use where living becomes existence and existence only....So they decide "enough" only to find themselve deep in a dark hole wondering how they got there..Its a terrible drug from that aspect..
Dave--You make a very good point. There really is not a lot of guidance regarding pain meds. Look at Tramadol!!  

"May be habit forming",,,"May cause drowsiness"  just doesn't quite explain what can happen to any individual, at any time, who takes a pain med. I think all these meds
should have very heavy,specific warnings. People don't always know exactly what happens when the pills stop!   Look at how many "accidental addicts" we've seen here.

I hope Mel or Sara check in here..
Hi, its Mel. Its been a long, terrible night. I am thankfully able to now keep down gatorade and broth with the help of phenergan (godsend) for me. I've been taking epson salt baths every few hours which has slightly decreased the terrible pain/cramps in my legs. My underlying pain continues to be an issue to which i don't know how to handle yet,but that's jumping ahead of myself at this point. Each second seems to be a small victory. My spirit feels crushed and although My sister has been by my side all night the emptiness, loneliness, despair I feel is unbearable. As a RN I knew the possible consequences to long-term use of opiods, but we are always told that as long as your taking your meds for true pain addiction is not going to occur (that's what my MD told me) What a bunch of BS!  But the blame can only be mine for I took the pills and so many times instead of taking them as written I would take 10x the prescribed dose for the pain was just to much resulting in my addiction. These pills have destroyed me, left me a shell of the person i once was...I applaud all of you that have been able to go through this and stay off the pills or whatever your DOC may be. I'm just trying to get through this minute and then the next but I'm just barely hanging on here and again I ask you sweet Jesus to help me, please help me
I am so happy to hear you made it through the night.  That is awesome for you, I am so happy to hear from you because I had a sleepless night and you were in my thoughts.  You are doing this!  Take it minute by minute like you said and everything will gradually get better. Great Job, You can do this!!  Good luck and god bless!
Hi Mel,

You sound better today; at least you are able to keep something down. Take things minute by minute if you have to, then hour by hour. Force yourself to eat and drink. Exercise will help more that just about anything, start that now, just walking if that is all you are able to handle, then progress from there.
You will be better soon………..hang on.
Every day you face without the pills is a victory. It may seem inconsequencial right now, but you are winning. Each minute is a battle, you just have to keep fighting through it. Keep hanging on and know that it does get better. That is of little solace right now, I know, but just keep doing what you are doing. Life without pills is within your grasp, stay strong. This pain will soon fade and life will be waiting for you with open arms. You've come so far, congratulations, keep it up!
Thank God, we made it thru the night!! You are now past the 1/2 way point in the really nasty part of this. So, it's either get free now or do this again as there just isn't any other choices. Everybody sooner or later comes to the place where it's either take more or stop. There is no reason in the world to go thru this again, the price is to dear for our souls to keep paying it. I'm taking the vitamins and it does seem to help [not to be confused with relief] but it helps the body heal, which it desperately needs. You will heal, but slower than we'd like. Giant Kudos Mel, It is already a little better with being able to take liquids and a little electrolytes, next maybe soup? Don't forget to have immodium nearby. Arn't sister's the greatest!!
Me 1025, I just sent you a personal message, please read.
please tell me anyone at some point this is going to get better, I have heard you all say get to the 72hr mark and the worst will be over but my body is screaming!!!! i feel like I'm going crazy, please say this is normal??
It's normal. You won't go crazy. Get more food and liquids in. Honestly, it's really important.

72 hours is a "milestone", as you know!!   It's not an exact science.

Did you take some Motrin800?
yep got 800 of motrin down, not doing to much for the pain but I'm giving it a shot. I've benn grinking gatorade and had some soup, so far its staying down. I'm sorry to evertone for my whining, I'll stop now
Just wanted you to know I'm so happy that you and others here (QRSED, etc.!)  all made it through the night!  Me too!  I just wanted to say you all are in my thoughts and prayers!  Am really really hurting now too, so won't type long.  Just wanted to say I'm thinking of you!
Mel-  I just had to go back to the beginning to see where you are time wise. It's not even 48 hours!!  It seems to me like it's been forever,too!!! I'm sorry I'm just laughing here...it does seem like time doesn't work!!  When you asked about the 72 hours,I'm thinking: Good! She made it!!      And it's not even two days!!  You poor thing...You're having a bad time here, you're not being a baby at all!    

Okay...take the Motrin around the clock. You know how it needs to reach blood levels to work well and it will.  Blood sugar is a huge deal. You need to eat more and you'll feel better.  Protein!!  And a milk shake!  You need calories because you're burning them up during this process. Cheese pizza!

And you need to move a teeny,tiny bit. Okay? Then take a bath and then go to bed and give yourself a break...it's going to be okay...
I'm trying to move but its feels like my body weighs a ton, it hurts to type this message, oh boy this is rough, rough. Thanks for all of the encouragement everyone, its really helping me through this. I'm not posting as much but still reading so I do appreciate all the posts...
Thats where moving around in little increments comes in..Maybe do intermitent arm lifting and leg lifting..I know it sounds like a daunting task but it does help..A bath or shower,,showers in my case seem to wash some off that out of me but it was tough just getting there..It will improve in the next couple of days..Not in big gains though. It does take time to undo these affects..It really is almost unbelieveable what these meds can put a person thru..Even at low doses if taken long enough to breach the dependency line..Which,,is an unknown as it appears some are more vunerable than others as to where that line is....In some cases it appears it could be as low as a couple weeks or as high as a couple months with some...Either way, with this stuff any warning signs seem to be void until its too late. It already has taken a hold by the time we realize there's a problem..

I've fought a few battles in my life but this one? I've never experienced something dig in to one's mind and body, and soul like the oxy did..They are bad news all the way around....And the sad part is ,,I tell people I was a non believer that pain meds were a threat as I had done spells of a month here and there prior my surgeries with breaks inbetween and never noticed anything of major concern..But when the oxy got into the picture? It took full advantage of my ignorance...I've warned a number of people who are taking the meds and have been on them long enough to convince me they have past into the danger zone yet they continue..

I can only say and do so much...I guess they will have to experience that "I don't believe this" moment for themselve's to get the message..And of course by then it's too late...Sad..What a vicious cycle they create..Sometime I wonder if the benefits really do outweigh the risks..
I have spent the last few hrs sobbing, lost, alone. Its so hard to see that line between doing what we need to do and what we want to do. That's where the addict in me steps in. I was talking to my sister about I started the pills to regain my life and ended up loosing even more. I can't just take one as prescribed, I have to take 2, then the next week 3 and so on. Its the voice in my head saying go ahead when I know deep down I shouldn't get seem to loose all control. Vicious.
Its a vicious cycle and you know that you have to stay strong or eventually you will have to start all over again. Your doing great!
I managed to go to work and the gym everyday (15-30 mins) during my detox...  I know it seems impossible but if you can get yourself outside the cool fresh air seems to revive the senses and helps relieve the WD's.
I didn't sleep for 15 days but somehow managed to get through it. You can do this! I'm 7 months clean and it's the best decision Ive ever made.
I'm praying for you.
Hey there, I know the part about it's...tough...to.....type. I start day 4 here in 15 minutes. Thank God! You probably feel just a itty bit differant today, today isn't gonna be easy either, but if you notice the change that might help you know it will get better each day. I detest exercise but every single time I do it it makes me feel better. Just some to get the blood flowing and oxygen to the cells. It doesn't last very long the first few times, but you will notice it. Are you pushing the fluids? Is food or nutrition staying where it's suppose to now? One of the things that helps me endure this is it's so painful and ugly, I just don't want to do this again. One stupid pill [smarter than me] will get me right back where I was, 3 days ago, addicted and watching the clock till I can take another one. Can't do this again Mel. I took melatonin and a bailey's and coffee [decaf] before bed and actually got 2 or 3 hours of sleep which is a blessing. I look at sleep as free detox time. And of course we need it pretty badly. I'm glad your didn't try to go to work with this, and we truly empathize those with kids having to cowboy up, in this condition. Gotta know that takin the poison will not make this any better or easier, just the opposite, really, really. You have so many hours of agony behind you now, and maybe can feel it starting to lose it's grip on you, I do hope so. You already proved how strong you are, don't let up Mel. God bless you.
Lingering,,ain't it. It's moving in geologic time, seems like glaciers form and melt while I'm waiting for this sickness to leave my body. So, I know you don't feel good right now. I so hope it's letting up a little bit anyway. It just kinda grinds away, and wears us down, but the only way out is the path your on. Once free of this Mel, It seems everything else will be much easier? It can't compare to this, so this is one of those building experiences, I can only hope. Hope you get some sleep and comfort, and keep pushing the nutrition and liquids.
Its been over 72hrs now and I wish i could say I'm feeling great but my body is screaming, at least I can keep down some food and liquids> I do have to say everything tastes disguisting and I have to force myself to eat and drink. Pretty overwhelmed and exhausted I guess I should have prepared myself more. Psychologically i feel like I'm at a war with myself...every moment is a battle won but so much is left to defeat the war. I feel run down and washed out. The depression is pretty severe putting all kinds of terrible thoughts in my head. I hope all of you going through a detox right now are doing better than me, wouldn't it be wonderful to sleep? To laugh again? maybe someday
HI ......right now it tuff but better days are a head it can be pritty defeating at 72hrs
just hang in there you will make it threw this....I often say this is 1/3 phyical and 2/3 mental you have to be ready to fight it out on both fronts this is truly a battle one or lost in ones own mind
if you can make threw the first 72hr you can finish your detox then the real work starts....staing clean it will require aftercare of one sort or another to deal with the mental mindscrew your going threw now but just know when it sone ond over with you wont be chained to a pill bottle any more....and living in recovery can be a beautiful place....so dont get discouraged 5min b/4 the mirical you can do this good luck and God bless......Gnarly  
Is there a site to go to for family members who have a child addicted to Roxy's? I just found out that my 20-year-old daughter is smoking several a day and I need some quick advice as for what to do before this takes her life! I am so desperate for answers.
You could post at this page (a bit more active) just start your own thread by clicking on the orange ask a question button at the top of this page.  Copy and paste what you just wrote!  It will start a new thread and you won't be missed and get better help. Here is a better idea this link to post

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Addiction-Substance-Abuse/show/77?controller=forums&action=show&id=77&camp=msc

use the orange icon as stated before!

or this one (still good, but not as active)

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Addiction-Living-with-an-Addict/show/1176