Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
how can i detox from suboxone at home

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

how can i detox from suboxone at home

ive been doing suboxones for 4 years now. i take 8mg a day but times sumtimes 8.5 mg. i am planning on detoxing from home. i heard it taskes like 3 weeks of pain and then monthssss maybe yeara of other sideoffects is that true? dim gonna see a docter specialist for meds to help ,me thru it but do u have any advice?
Thats good ur quitting. What I did to quit heroin is that I did less and less everyday. Then I started to only do very little at night time before going to bed for sleep and then soon I didnt do any at night. I went thru withdraws still but quittinq slowly really helped me quit and a lot of OTC sleeping medicine. I still have withdraws and im already 3 weeks clean but the withdraws are not as bad. Hope this helped a little:) Good luck and I hope everything works out.
I would highly suggest talking to your suboxone doctor about doing a taper method because it makes it a whole lot easier when the taper is done correctly. I have done it the right way the wrong way used suboxone just to stay out of withdrawal till I got the pills I wanted and all of that to and when I finally had enough and did a taper method all the way down to almost nothing I came off and have pretty much no withdrawal at all only a lil fatigue. As far as the what you call side effect lasting for months or years I don't think I would really call that a side affect of suboxone that's just the addiction because the mental part of addiction does last a lot longer because as addicts when we get clean we have to completely change our mindset and deal with things we are not used to dealing with which is why I would suggest you find a good therapist or addiction councilor because that is a big part of getting clean and staying clean. Well feel free to msg me if ya got any questions or just wanna talk and ill help ya any way I can.

Good Luck and Godspeed
ABritt
thanks i both so much and yes you guys are rite im gonna taper down ... i will be fine i have will power i dont take em to get high i take them to get by. my mind wont want em my body will but i have to taper down i just started today and im good a lil xanex helps to ;)
thanks u i mite have sum questions abritt so thanks well keep in touch .. are u reg. person or u work for the website?? lol

cruz ur 3 weeks clean and your still having withdrawls? how much horine where u doing>?
i heard H is the easiest to come off of
Are you going to a suboxone clinic?  If so, tapering with their guidance would be best.  There's no big hurry to taper quickly.  The step downs should affect you little to none, due to its long half life.  It's the point where you jump off completely that you may have some uncomfortable w/d symptoms.

The doc at the sub clinic I worked at PT would strongly insist no one jumped off until they tapered down to at LEAST 0.5mg/day.  People trying to come off at 2mg, even 1mg have sometimes had some rough w/d.  The lower you can get, the better off you'll be.

There is no long extended w/d with subs, that's an urban myth.  There is a tendency to have worse w/d's because people listen to the incorrect info stating people should come off as FAST as they can.  That's not true.  

Talk with your sub doc and come up with a plan...the taper down, honestly, should be very easy, as long as your dosage isn't being cut in half, things like that.  It will be the end part where you may experience mild to moderate w/d's...they will last the same amount of time as any other opiate.  While sub has a longer half life, it really shouldn't add any time on to the w/d.  The half life also delays the start of w/d by 1-3 days.

I honestly wouldn't recommend adding benzos into the mix at all.  If you are tapered properly, honestly, you shouldn't need them,.  

Be sure you have a plan for aftercare in place.  You will be more vulnerable to relapse after you come off the sub...they do help quite a bit with the cravings.  The more prepared you are, the better.

Best of luck!
I was doing about a gram a day. Im still having just the simple withdraws now tho, in the beggining I was throwing up, diarria, couldnt eat or sleep, ect. but now im just having bad leg cramping. Maybe its easy to quit for some people that dont do it much but it was my DOC so it was really hard for me to quit and the craving is hard to control also.
Ive never really did suboxone as a everyday thing, I just took them to come off heroin. How is the withdraw from suboxones??