Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
how do i know if ive been red flagged by a doctor?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

i saw a surgeon over a hand injury. he accused me of being an i v drug user but its not true! will the surgeon send a report to my regular doctor with this acccusation and will i be red flagged?
I have the same question. Why would a doctor out of the clear blue accuse you of something like that?
What reason did he give for thinking this?
Why on earth would the surgeon think that?
i used to work in the kitchen at a resturaunt and have alot of scars on my hands... not in the bends of my arms!! this surgeon is a real jerk with no bed side manners. but i asssume he saw the burn scars and drew his own conclusions
If you are going to undergo surgery, do yourself a favor and find a doctor that you are comfortable with and you trust. Your life is in his hands so it is important.
I would find a new surgeon and tell my doctor what went down.......
Avatar n tn
I posted in your other thread. If not true get a new dr and tell your family dr what's up so if you are red flagged he/ she can help you.

If ut is true that the opportunity to get help.  IV is serious stuff
I think you will be ok most doctors are to bizzy to even see pacents let alone take time to do something like that.....I would get a new doctor also I have had my shair of bad ones
good luck and God bless......Gnarly
Hi, this is off topic but what does red flagged mean?  I used to go to docs everywhere and abuse all of them several years ago, and I don't guess that happened to me??  

Definitely get a different doc!  Bedside manner Is something that not all of them have unfortunately. You deserve to have a doctor who you trust and is respectful and kind. And good luck with your surgery!  
Red flagged means there's suspicion on the patient re: any unusual or conflicting issues and/or behavior.  Usually means the patient is now seen as a "drug seeker" or has been "doctor shopping" and will seek any Dr.'s care as a means to get more drugs.  Once you've been red flagged, the information is shared with other Dr.'s on your profile/chart so they know to be cautious with you the next time you ask for something.

Hope this helps.
thanks for all your input i relly appreciate it. luckily everything went ok.my hand is much better and my regular dr is a wonderfu understandig man.but i guarantee i wont be seeing that ill mannered surgeon again!!! haha thanks again for all your help! god bless!!!!
Nice to hear everything worked out~~~