how do i know if ive been red flagged by a doctor?
i saw a surgeon over a hand injury. he accused me of being an i v drug user but its not true! will the surgeon send a report to my regular doctor with this acccusation and will i be red flagged?
What reason did he give for thinking this?
Why on earth would the surgeon think that?
I have the same question. Why would a doctor out of the clear blue accuse you of something like that?
i used to work in the kitchen at a resturaunt and have alot of scars on my hands... not in the bends of my arms!! this surgeon is a real jerk with no bed side manners. but i asssume he saw the burn scars and drew his own conclusions
If you are going to undergo surgery, do yourself a favor and find a doctor that you are comfortable with and you trust. Your life is in his hands so it is important.
I would find a new surgeon and tell my doctor what went down.......
I posted in your other thread. If not true get a new dr and tell your family dr what's up so if you are red flagged he/ she can help you.

If ut is true that the opportunity to get help.  IV is serious stuff
I think you will be ok most doctors are to bizzy to even see pacents let alone take time to do something like that.....I would get a new doctor also I have had my shair of bad ones
good luck and God bless......Gnarly
Hi, this is off topic but what does red flagged mean?  I used to go to docs everywhere and abuse all of them several years ago, and I don't guess that happened to me??  

Definitely get a different doc!  Bedside manner Is something that not all of them have unfortunately. You deserve to have a doctor who you trust and is respectful and kind. And good luck with your surgery!  
Red flagged means there's suspicion on the patient re: any unusual or conflicting issues and/or behavior.  Usually means the patient is now seen as a "drug seeker" or has been "doctor shopping" and will seek any Dr.'s care as a means to get more drugs.  Once you've been red flagged, the information is shared with other Dr.'s on your profile/chart so they know to be cautious with you the next time you ask for something.

Hope this helps.
thanks for all your input i relly appreciate it. luckily everything went ok.my hand is much better and my regular dr is a wonderfu understandig man.but i guarantee i wont be seeing that ill mannered surgeon again!!! haha thanks again for all your help! god bless!!!!
Nice to hear everything worked out~~~