how does ecstasy destroy serotonin receptors?
i kno that X destroys  the receptors in the brain, but i would really like to kno wat exactly it does in my brain to do that. Anyone who knos please reply to this poster.
Google Search: "Ecstacy kills brain receptors"
Haha I am an addict not a doctor! What I can tell you is that in my experience, I feel really stupid and slow for a day up to a few days after taking ecstacy, well at least I did when ecstacy was around like 5 years ago or so.
In people who had used MDMA, the PET images showed significant reductions in the number of serotonin transporters, the sites on neuron surfaces that reabsorb serotonin from the space between cells after it has completed its work. The lasting reduction of serotonin transporters occurred throughout the brain, and people who had used MDMA more often lost more serotonin transporters than those who had used the drug less.
From what I have studied and read MDMA depletes Serotonin levels, I haven't heard anything about destroyed 5-HT receptors. Look on erowid.org you'll find there is quite the debate with information on the neurotoxicity of MDMA.