how long before sleep becomese normal again after stopping hydrocodone???!!
does anyone know when a normal night sleep will occur after cold turkey quitting 40/50 mgs hydros a day for 3 yrrs. its day 16, and i cant get any sleep. i am going crazy.
im on day 19 but im also on subs and im having some problems sleeping too, i posted a few days ago something that may help you sleep i will pm them to you in a minute to see if it willhelp.

xoxoxo
<3 chrissy
I CT off of 80-100 mg of hydro a day and never missed a week...i used the aminos exercise and ambien,...i slept too much instead..but can keep up a night if taken tto late in the day
How's your diet?  Are you drinking lots of water?  Taking vitamins?  Antioxidants?  Do you have RLS at night?  Eat bananas for potassium during the day.  Have one before you go to sleep.  What are you doing to get yourself to try and fall asleep?   Did you have sleeping problems before you were on the meds?  

You and I were around the same dosage, except I was on about 2 years and now I'm day 9 off c/t.  Last night I finally got my first good night sleep since stopping the drug.   Hang in there and give it another week, ok?  You will start sleeping better in the next few days.
I had a very hard time sleeping too. I think it took me about 6 weeks to finally sleep a solid 4 hrs..it will come , try taking some melatonin..sold otc in your vitamin isle..Congrats to you on 16 days..thats awesome..
I went for 2 months without sleep.

I eventually went for a sleep study.  I already have insomnia.  I didn't tell them I had just come off of opiates.  I should have.  It would have been cheaper.  I didn't talk with any doctor about my substance abuse, and again, I should have.

My problem was multi-fold.  I was already on a number of meds.  I quit all of them, drinking, and opiates at the same time.

I eventually couldn't handle withdrawal from everything at once.  So, I went back to drinking.  

The sleeping trouble didn't hit me for about 3 weeks after I stopped opiates.  I honestly believe that my sleeping trouble was from benzos that I had been prescribed and stopped taking.

My advice to you, see a doctor.  

I know what it's like to not be able to sleep.  It costed me a lot of money by not mentioning that I was an addict.  I would have probably had better luck if I had been honest in the first place.