Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
how long suboxone lasts

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

how long suboxone lasts

how long does suboxone stay effective? what's the "life span" of 4mgs or 2 mgs? Ive used it to detox. 8mg for 4days. 4mg for 2 days. today 2mg and none left. how long will its opiate blockers be effective when i stop? and if i have only taken it for a week should i still expect wd symptoms?
I think your body will definitely know when you stop - -- most people do not stop at 2 mg but continue on down to 1 mg and then 1 mg every other day - -- Sub has a very long half life and stays in the body a very long time.   It is very good you are getting off of it in less than 21 days - otherwise it can become a nightmare to get away from  --- many people just change their DOC by staying on Sub.   Best of luck to you - hope you will stay off of everything.
I myself am on subs and I was told it has a 72 hr lifespan..hope that helps
ive been under the worst stress in my life these past 5 mos.in my past somehow by the grace of something bigger than me i've overcome 20yrs of a daily alcoholic.i've been sober from a drink for almost 4 yrs.within those 4 yrs though i picked up a devistating addiction of opiates.4 mos ago i was forced to go thru a straight withdrawal mostly from subs but with the help of clonidine n motrin i survived.almost 3 mos ago now i started taking bits of subs afraid that i would go out n get illegal opiates.im now faced with a bigger problem im ordered to give urines thru the courts and im terrified of the suboxone which i take anywhwere from a half to quarter strip everyday.i need this out of my system almost immediately before i am tested...i'll lose everything.and hate the fact that i made the choice to ever get back into it.im done with it and just want a healthy nondependant lifestyle.i need help...anyone?