Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
how to detox off hydrocodone at home

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

how to detox off hydrocodone at home

I take about fifteen to twenty ten milligram hyrdros and am sick of it all and all the hastly and want to be out of the haze and back on track in life.Tonight will be two days sober and I am havin a hard time what is some home remodys to help ease the withdraw and bad feeling I am having. I cant go to a detox center caue I am a single father and work and he needs me and i need my job. what can help me please
I'm on day 5, soon to be 6 of a 20 pill a day problem. I did it cold turkey, and it sucked for a few days, but you just have to do it. There's no easy way, trust me. Even if you went the hospital route, you'd have to kick suboxone later.
Best advice is, check out the Thomas Recipe on here! It truly will help you get thru this.
Best of luck, and feel free to reach out to me.
Hi and Welcome,

Check the Health Pages here. There is some very informative material there regarding supplements and home remedies you can take to help ease the withdrawal a bit and get your health back. Check out the Thomal Recipe. You can get most of what it calls for right at wal-mart or your local GNC or other vitamin store.

After you get through the physical detox, make sure you line up some aftercare for yourself. An addiction counselor and nn/na meetings would be great. At least the meetings though because they are free. No excuses there. You can not do this alone. That would be almost impossible in the long run. Take all of the help you can get to give yourself the best possible chance at long term sobriety.

Also, make sure you eat well and get some exercise. I know this will feel impossible at first but it's a must. It will get those endorphins pumping in your brain which will do you worlds of good as far as how you feel. It will also help you sleep a bit better at night and we all know sleep can be elusive during the withdrawals.

I hope this helps. And remember you can get tons of support here as well. Very knowledgeable people here who have been through this. Most of us more than once.

We are here for you. It will be okay. Keep posting...........

Jackyxoxo
I will be praying for you...I am 413 days clean from Hydro....and so glad...but I didnt have a baby or job to deal with...Bless your heart...You sound like you have got your mind made up to do this...best of luck...you will find much support here...Hang in there...you can do this...
That's amazing! 413 days is a long time, expecially considering where i'm at now. Have you had a lot of support from family and friends, or basically really on meetings and counseling? How hard has it been? I would just knid of like to know what I may be in for , for the long haul. How are you doing now? Do you still get a lot of cravings?
One thing I have going for me, is that I'm around NOBODY at all that uses, or has any idea that I have. Just being around  an enviroment that's so positive and drug free should help me a lot. Also I am widowed nad my son is full grown with a family of his own. My only family obligations are helping take care of my elderly parents, as I'm the only child they have that lives close to them.
God bless You! I hope you stay happy and in your recovered state for the rest of your life
I am two days from being out of my Vicodin's and would really love to stop taken them. I'm scared for the detox from them. I have been on them for a good year now. Taken about 6-8 a day. I have never really had a problem before with stopping but this time is the longest I've been on them and I know when I run out to fast I get leg cramps. How long does the wd's last?
I need help  i been addicted to pain pills for 4 years this is my day two. my legs will not stay still  please tell me what I need to do I'm so ready to kick the habit
I have been addicted to hydrocodone, narco, Percocet, oxyicodine, and soma for approximately 17 years.  It has grown over the past years from 6 a day to 30 a day.  I have tried to quit cold turkey so many times.  Last year I decided to do the suboxene.  Trying to get off the suboxene was worse than taking the lorcet and lortabs.  I take as much as 7 to 8 pills at one time.  I feel so embarrassed by what I have gotten into.  I have begged, borrowed and stole what I needed.  I'm at the point now where I don't know if the physical pain or the mental pain is the worse.  I feel so out of control and don't know how to stop myself.  I WANT TO BEAT THIS PROBLEM WITH EMBARRASING MYSELF AGAIN.  I want to know that there is hope for me.  Each day that I try to get through 1 day, the withdrawals are so bad that I somehow find the lorcet 10 - 7.5 all over again.  I tried on yesterday  to begin the journey and I couldn't even make it one day before I found some lorcet to take.  Please tell me that it's really not too late for me.  I sincerely want to kick this addition.  This is so hard.  It's the hardest thing I've ever had to do in my 51 years of life.  Help!!
I'm curious as to how things are going with you at this junction?  I'm just getting ready to try it all over again for about the 10 time.  I need to know how tings are with your progress.