how to stop taking the percocets by myself.
Hi, I take 4 percocets a day. It does not sound like alot, but I want to stop taking them by myself. How do I go about that.
Can someone please give me their best advice. I would truly appreciate that. I dont want to have to take anymore than what i have been taking. So i want to try to take care of this problem asap. thank you so much.
I have been addicted to percocets for quite some time now, I'll say 3 years, with a few times that I did quit. But I always fell back into it, I had to wein myself when I found out I was pregnant. Now my daughter is 6 months old and I've come to face the fact I have a serious problem. From past experience, weining never quite helped me at all!! Stop Now because it only gets worse, I remember the good ole days when a 5mg would tear me up, yea I was up to 10-20 10 mg a day!!!! WoW I know right, and the best thing I've noticed (I'm only 5 days perk free) is that you can't do it for anyone else, or because people are talking, you have to want it inside for yourself!!!!! I always quit before, not because I wanted too, but because someone said I couldn't do it. Now I have the most precious gift in the world to help inspire me!! I've always been a very strong determined person, but perks did get the best of me!!! I was doing some things I shouldn't have to get them at times. See, I never got on them for pain, it was something that was introduced to me gradually from other people (the same people who got me to take them are the same ones who judge me like a junkie now...and they still take them!!!! Crazy right? All I can say is hold on to your will power the strongest, the withdrawls will go away, the temptation is what you are going to have to worry about the most....cause that is what's going to follow us forever. Believe me, my mom is a recovering drug addict, and the temptation of  the drug will always be there.
Well, Good Luck, God Bless, and remember YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!
Thats what scares me the most..the constant temptation; which right now is strong for me; thats why I had to dump all pills and cancel refills...not feeling strong enuff to resist them yet.  I have to believe that it wont always be like this b/c this is a pain in the butt; always having that temptation lurking.  So frustrating!!!!
You are absolutely right!!!! But it is awesome that this website exsists!! It's crazy, cause the people around me don't seem to care to much. My aunt's husband (mind you I just confessed to everyone about my addiction) is calling me cause he knows I was taking pills and he knew that i knew the "pillheads" is calling me trying to get rid of them for him, not percocets though hydrocodines! But I held in pretty strong!!! But I know from quitting before how strong the temptation can be, and sometimes (which is what got me back on them) I'd say..."oh it won't hurt to take a few today" and it would be down hill from there. So...in my eyes....It's not okay to do them for just one day. But Good Luck to you all!!! I am here to support you's as well as you's have had supporting words for me.
unfortunaetly, not like that in NY..very lax w/control substances here, especially if you know the system and how to beat it.  Yesterday I went to the pharmacy to get my bp med..boy, that was hard, brought back memories; anyway, while I was there was a woman trying to get a refill of her narcs early; they wouldnt give it to her; she even offered to pay cash instead of using insurance and they still refused her; remembered doing that myself 2x...she was really upset and I felt like crying for her.  That could have been me, agan.
Just a fact... in the sate where I live, NJ.  Drs are not allowed to put any renewals on percosets... TRUE... they can on Vicodin... but not the percs.   And the qty has to be written in latin and in english.. and i.e., 10 (Ten).   NO REFILS....

Gip
I've been addicted to percs for 3yrs now and stopped on and off at times.  When I'm off them for sometime, I have this little voice in my head telling me one perc won't kill ya, you got a handle on it this time.  Oh, now I know not to listen to the little voice telling me it's ok to take just one because one leads to more and addicted again:(  The withdrawls I can handle it's the wanting that kills me.  I just don't want to go through  that again and I know I have to:(  I know I have to quit this **** because I tell my teenage kids not to take drugs, mean while their mother popping them in her mouth when their not looking.  Tired of being on this rollercoaster ride.
HI welcome to the forum....ya a lot of us have road the roller coaster myself included but it dosent have to be this way.....we specialize in home detoxes stick with us here read the posts learn all you can....sounds like you been down this road b/4 pick a quit date and will support you all the way how much and what are you taking ?? your on a really old post I always look for them but it is best to start your own go to the top of this page theres a green box marked post a question click on it and start a new thread for yourself you will get a lot more responses good luck and God bless......Gnarly