hydrocodone withdrawal headaches
I have been a user for a few years. I decided to quit a few days ago, well 2 I'm only on my second day.  I feel like my head is going to cave in and i keep getting dizzy spells. I can't eat, everything irritates me.  How long does this last? The mental is killing me I feel like if i could just take some i would fee better. I don't have a home support system. They make me feel like a bad person even when I'm asking for help. How long will this last?
From my experience you are at the peak of withdrawals it is the worse from 48 to 72 hours and then you start feeling better. Are you taking anything to help?
First, don't listen to your head. It will tell you all sorts of things right now, but somewhere inside you know that taking just one WILL NOT make you feel better. It will just prolong the detox. You are in day 2, over half way through the worse part. Everything you've described is normal. You need to keep your body nourished; if you can't eat try drinking Ensure. Drink Gatorade. and yes, the mental part will be the biggest challenge - now and in the future.
The most important thing that you must do in order to get and stay clean is cut all sources. If you can get pills then you may relapse. Put up roadblocks so when you're feeling weak and the voices start whispering ther will be no way to give in. Once you've made it to the sixth or seventh day, then find some after care - AA, NA, whatever. These two things - cutting all sources and after care - are the foundation of your recovery.
Thanks for your answers. I'm only on my normal psych meds. I have medicine to help anxiety and to sleep. The only problem is my head. I hate this though. I'm a full time student and work and i can't focus. I got in a lot of trouble at work yesterday because of the irritation. And i have to deal with my mom because my aunt was a heavy user and eventually died because of it. It just ***** you know