Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
hydrocodone withdrawl(withdrawal) - sleep

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Hi:

I am a 45 yo male who has taken hydrocodone for 6 months for headaches along with zoloff and ambiem for depression. My useage was up to 7 15/100, formulated pills per day. I began taking as many as 4-5 at a time 3 months ago. After several attempts and help from my wife I was able to taper down and quit 2 weeks ago. Best thing I have ever done, may have saved my marriage and job. Most of the worst withdrawl (withdrawal) effects are gone now except for a change in sleep patterns. When I go to bed I toss and turn and feel like electricity is going through my body. Is this normal? How long might this go on for? I stay up for a few hours and manage to fall asleep by 1 AM or later on the sofa each night so as not to keep my wife awake. I am still taking Zoloff and have started to taper off the ambiem from 10mg to 5 mg since it is not doing anything anyway.

Thanks for your help.
this is "normal" and your sleep pattern will eventually get back to normal, whatever normal is for you without the drugs... i can't tell you how long it will take you, esp. since you are still taking the ambien and if and when you discontinue the ambien you will probably have some rebound insomnia and start going through the restlessness at night all over again.

a question: are you taking the zoloft everyday at the same time and not missing any doses... there is a shitty withdrawl (withdrawal) that you may encounter when stopping or being non-compliant with the zoloft. believe me, i know all to well. paxil is the worst but all SSRI's have that nasty little withdrawl (withdrawal) problem for more people than the pharma companies will admit to. so take it everyday and take it at the same time and don't miss any doses. when you decide to come off of it if you ever do check out quitpaxil.org...

good luck and congrats on where you have gotten so far, it is so worth it!

amber
I can relate to where you are at with the sleep thing. I weaned myself, or kind of cold turkied off a high dosage of morhpine. A couple of days ago I was almost delerious due to lack of sleep, and I got a lot of support and suggestions. Maybe you would like to read the thread, it's a couple down the date was May 2. What I finally had to do for myslef to get some sleep, and I DO NOT reccomend this, but I had to have a few beers, and some greenage. It did work pefectly for me. I would prefer to be completley alcohol and drug free, but right now I am going to do what I have to, to get some sleep,just during the post withdrawal period because I have to be able to function during the day. I have a lot of stress and things to take care of, that I let go during my morphine haze.

I hope this post didn't **** anyone off. I'm new here, and not sure if it was appropriate to post what I did for sleep.

Burn
I don't drink anymore, but I wouldn't detox without greenage.  It has been discussed here before many times.
what is greenage?
I've tried to start a thread many times without success, so here goes:
I have a son with severe chronic pain (he fell off a fifth story building 3 years ago--when he was 19--he has numerous shattered bones, prosthesis, nerve pain, etc.)

He was on 80 mg. of oxycontin 3 times a day until recently, when he decided to switch to methadone.  He is taking 50 mg. of Methadone 3 times a day.  I know Methadone is supposed to be long acting and some people only take it once or twice a day, but in his case, after 5-6 hours he starts going into withdrawal behaviors (shaking, cold sweats, etc.)  He says it is not enough, what he is taking. He still has pain, etc.  It is difficult for me to know how much is real pain and how much is the need to feel drugged.  He has a very addictive personality.
I keep the drug under lock (I finally had to buy a safe!!!)

Main question is:  What would be the equivalent in Methadone to the 80 mg. 3 times a day of Oxycontin?

He gets quite depressed.  Takes 3x75 mg. of Effexoy daily. Also 3x300 Neurontin

Any ideas?
solveig
" Greenage"  is the vernacular for pot. around the forum. :-)
Wow do i hear you about the sleep thing my poor husband has been dealing with my tossing and turning for 14 days now.

I guess its his turn since his chronic loud!!!!! snoring has kept me awake for years

i am currently not even willing to leave the house I will have 14 full days in at midnight tonight.  I am still very anxious and nothing i mean nothing is getting done around the house.

If the rest of the crew that lives here does not stop helping soon i am taking the babies to my mothers and letting them here alone for a week or 2.

The pain issue is the one that i am having problems with I have always been a high energy person and I have none.

I take xanax before bed time and tamazepan ever other day.

I hardly ever slept on the pain pills any way so i started out as a zombie.

I hope i can keep off the narcotics but what is this pain patch I have heard about in the column.  

Is that adictive also?

I go to my GP some time in the next week and a half.  I know I am going to need some type of pain medication to return to work with my chronic pain (my doctor has no idea that the pills he supplied me only lasted a couple of days.  

My normal job requires me standing or walking and bending and carrying with out a break for a minimum of an 8 hour shift.

If I dont get back to work soon our finances are shot to ****

Of course it is my fault because I decided that paying for pain  pills on the street was more a priority than paying the bills.

I am sorry that It took a forclosure notice on my home to get the hint but that is the truth.  I did this and now I have to figure out a way to fix it.  

I never intended to become adicted to pills when the Doctor gave me the vicodan after i delivered the baby.  I fell when I was 7 1/2 months pregnant and the doctors delivered the baby 3 weeks early because of the extreme pain I was in.  The Vic took enough of the pain away at 2 or 3 a pop at first so i could get some chores done and care for a new born.  Had surgery on L5-6 and 6-7 when baby was 8 months old.  Been in rehab ever since.

I can only sit for 10 -20 minutes i can stand and walk alot longer now than after the first surgery.  Cannot bend without extreme pain.
One of my main suppliers died of an overdose last may almost a year now you would have thought i would have gotten a clue then.
No Im so thick headed the sky has to fall on me to get 2 weeks clean.  

God Bless and prayers for everyone

Cleo
yo
Damn, why is it these post topics always draw me in? Coincidence? I know exactly what you are talking about. I sleep like a rock w/hen taking the pills. w/ out them it's like, Ok deal with BS, stress AND depression... all while getting almost no sleep. lets make things a little harder why don't we ;) Is that part of the addiction factor also? It would help if my body was on my side!.. lol

I would also assume there are other pharmaceuticals out there to help you sleep. Remember Tylenol PM - you sleep but all day you feel like you didn't slept at all.
The best still is the natural way (if you haven't tried), hot baths/showers, a nice boring book, certain erbs, aroma therapy, sound, relaxation excercises... they can help.
But don't worry. When all else fails, exhaustion eventually takes precedence.

Thomas050.
hi cleo, im happy for you that you have 14 days,
but i understand you difficult situation with pain, lack of
sleep and the restless leg and body that go along with the wirhdrawls, not to mention depresion that can be stifeling.
the lack of energy is sometime's due to the depresion.
the back pain is best dealt with a good doctor,
i went through  the tossing and turning  in the 1st few weeks of withdrawls.
thre thomas's receipe helped  a lot with , the lack of energy and depression.
5htp  helps with depresion and sleep for me , i took 4 at night.
the L-tyrosine 500mg 5 in the morning along with 2 100 mg of b-6
worked wonders for energy and depression.
during the 1st 3 weeks of withdrawls valume or xanax at night
helps for sleeping if you  can get some.
imodium (immodium) is important in the begining of with drawls
because the loss of nutrients and dehydration due to the run;s
makes the withdrawls a lot worse and makes the restless leg and body  much moe paiful. so load up on water or gatoraide
and lots of greens and banna's.
the hot baths are the only thing that works in the middle of the night  for the tossins and turning due to restless leg.
some people have gotten results with benadryl, for sleeping at night.

everyone is different.. for me the receipe during the day
and some valumes at night  got me throught the 1st month
reasonably well. i was never comfortable but i was able to function and sleep 5 hours a night.
previous to me taking the receipe , i could never get past the depression and lack of energy, tho i trie many times.
it was not untill i found this fourm and read about thoms's
receipe, was i able to finally get through the withdrawls.

thomas's receipe
L-tyrosine 500 mg 8 a day week 1 , 4 aday weeks after.(morning)
b-6 100 mg 2  a day(morning)
viamines    A- C- and e
calsium-magnisum
a strong multi vitamine.
copper, zimc, and magnesse
imodium (immodium) week 1
gatoraide  and lots of water.
valume or xanax for sleep week 1 and 2.
lots of grens and bannas
lots of hot baths at night for restless leg and body.
by week 3  time to get the body moving , walk ride a bike , swim
]any kind of exersize to get the endorphines back upo and runnung.

peace!!!!!!!!!!!hippy
im a 40 year old female with type 1 diabetes that is severly outta control as a result i have nerve damage i was taking  up to 26 percs a day then went on duragesic 75s i do fine with them and raely crave the pills i tried to come off the patches 2 times now  i couldnt stand the restless legs and the arms and continous invoulentary moving around so i went back on them  i dont know how i ever got to this  i dont get a buzz off the patches at all and im glad im outta that but  how can i ever get off these patches  its been 6 years since i was completely prescription pain releif free
Good Morning from the hot and humid Crescent City--15 days out of hydro-hell and standing strong--hubby and I took a quick weekend on the coast--I hope everyone is doing well! I'll try and post from work and check in on everyone--My sleep patterns are still not right but I fthink every day that I am away from those pills it will get right--EVENTUALLY--Peace/Prayers-Mystere/AKA N.O. Lady

Anne

Steve81--How did you make out this weekend?
Thank you all for the great suggestions on sleep and the professional advice from DR. Had a full 5 hours of non fitfull sleep last night and started my 15th day off the hydro happy to be alive. Decided not to go with the greenage or beers as I gave that up about 20 years ago and don't want to go back. The deep breathing, hot soak, and fresh air (went fishing)seemed to help. Will be off the Ambien within a week.

Thanks again and God bless
I'm sitting here as tired as I can be from post withdrawal, but so jittery at the same time. My mind keeps telling me if I take some morhphine, it will make it all go away. I'm having a really hard time arguing back and forth with myself. I've been going to the gym every day, yet still no sleep at night.

How are you handeling the lack of sleep? How much are you getting at night? Do you feel jittery along with it? I'm 7 days clean today.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Burn
Dude, 7 days? Go easy on the workouts at first they can keep you up. I get a bit mental some times and find that makes me a bit wired I am 43 you are a lot younger so it might effect you even more though you seem a little more sedate in life style.
A lot of people obsess about how much sleep they get, don
I can totally relate to the jittery anxious but exhausted feeling--If I'm not mistaken that hit me around day seven also--The best way to describe it is extreme restlessness as to not really knowing what to do--I like to call it the OK NOW WHAT PERIOD--I think this is totally normal as our poor mistreated bodies try and adjust without chemicals!  All I can say is that it does pass--I'm sleeping maybe 5 hrs per night--My problem is that I wake up at 2:00 A.M. and can't get back to sleep--But I do notice that it is getting better--7 days is great jsut stay the course and try and keep yourself occupied!  You're in my prayers! N.O. Lady/Mystere--

Anne
when i wake up and can't fall back asleep i usually go into a chatroom and goof around. it passes the time and i am not watching the clock as much!

it does get better!!!!!!!! and we all know how we can make it much, much worse! yes, a little morphine would "help" you out right about now but following that thought through... nah... not a good idea!

i am doing well here in atlanta. stayed away from music midtown b/c i figured i would drink and i don't want to drink so i have to keep myself safe...

going forward... i feel so much better today than i did on saturday... i like being clean!!!

love,

amber
Thanks for the support, Vette? You're a lot older than me??? I'm 41. :)

Thanks again.

Burn
Thanks a lot for your support, I apprecate it so much. I took one tsp. of cough medicine, OC, and it took away all the jitters, and even the exhaustion! Couldn't believe it, it just leveled me out.

Burn
Good for you, Amber! It does feel great, doesn't it?

Burn

I meant to mention that I was born in New Orleans. What a great place!

Burn
Well, yea two years, No just kidding for some reason I thought you said you were 22.
41 damn then you know what its like to be all beat to **** also.
I just broke my damn wrist yesterday crashing my dirtbike into a ditch, I really have to grow up. The WD's will pass trust me. Its how you live the rest of your life that counts.
When I find the secret for pain control without drugs I will pass it along. In the mean time I am finding new ways to obtain more broken bones to add to my collection. Maybe its time for a girlfriend or something.
All my other friends are pain free I think becuase they are married and hen pecked but pain free.
No Guts No Glory

15 days sober AND a vacation???  Does it GET any better than that???!!  LOL  You are doing  a bang-up job, Missy....I bet your husband is just lovin' you more everyday. And, I bet you're lovin' YOURSELF more......!!
     A lot of people are mulling over the No Sleep Scourge in this thread.....All I can say is, in the scheme of things, it's eventually a pretty harmless price to pay for a life w/out drugs and all the "pestilence" that goes w/ addiction....It does get better, and, unless you fall asleep at the wheel of a car, or operate heavy equipment, you WILL NOT DIE from being sleep deprived.  Sure, it's harder to think and  easier to lose your composure when you're tired. My biggest  drawback is that I get cranky, and I KNOW you can't imagine a sweet-talkin' woman like ME would ever lose her temper!!!  (yeah, right...)  ANYWHOOOO What I'm trying to say here is it's something you just have to SUCK UP and BE PATIENT W/ because it could, potentially, last awhile, so you might as well accept it and go from there.  It DOES improve--that's the upside.  Go away completely?  Not so sure on that one.  I'll get back to you at my two-year mark.
  I'm glad to hear from you and just make sure you keep the frickin' humidity DOWN THERE because I get even MORE cranky when I'm HOT!!!  You DON'T want a perimenopausal woman HOT!!! EVER!!!  MN is GREAT this time of year because the humidity hasn't hit yet. But then, neither have the eighty-degree temps... Nor the SEVENTY degree temps...... ****--We barely made 60 today.....Enough on the weather front. Keep in touch, Lulu, and have a great time!!!!  Love, Peazy
sleeping patterens, come back in time,
in the mean time  rest hwen ever you caN.

HOT BATHS HELP,  i would dose off when i was in the tub
there is all kinds of severe pain,
celebrax is a med some people get releif from.
MSM is a sulfer based vitamine /mineral that i have had very good results with for severe joint and back pain.
exersize is very important . it get the endorpnines
back up and running.
my own experence is that i have to stay limber, by stretching
my back and hamstrings, if i don't stretch my mucles all get
tight as a drum and then i reaggrevate my back and knee injuries.

keeping the hamstrings loose has been  one of the most important things i have to remember to do. this keeps the strain off my lower back and knees.
i do a number of yoga stretches. i have had a lot of positive results with these. and positive result, speak for them selves.
my father is 79 years old and with out taking celebrax he has
so much pain in his legs and back , he  is crippled and can not even walk.
we all just have to keep plugging away, and keep a poitive outlook. staying positive is so very important.

peace !!!hippy
How you are? Ilive in Metry. I posted about a year and a half ago. The same story as everyone else with an opiate problem. You are not alone down here in the heat. I quit cold turkey a week before you. I have a shrink and tomorrow will be my third visit. Ive been doin this **** for to long now and this is the time. A little help never hurts. I just wanted to say hey. Thanks to everyone on this board it really helps out knowing we are not alone. God Bless... A.S.
Hi I'm glad to find another Southern Brother/Sister!--I was looking for an addiction specialist several weeks ago and one would think in a city where 80% of the population is drunk or stoned 24/7--there would be one on every corner--Not!--unless your ready to do the 12-step waltz.  I even had a psychologist want to send me to a "Recovery Center" after just talking with me on the phone!--He also absolutely refused to discuss alterantive addiction therapies--SOOO--I purchased a book by Jack Trimpey called Rational Recovery and for the first time in my life this whole "addiction thing" makes sense!--I have never felt so empowered!  Anyway good luck with your shrink--I do think down the road I would like someone to talk to on a professional level--Keep the faith--Isn't it amazing that we are not the only ones with this "problem".  I'll keep you in my prayers--Peace Mystere/AKA N.O. Lady

Anne
You old goat! At least you aren't sitting at home complaining about all the pain. I've got a lot of pain to, and get even more from the gym, but you gotta love the pain sometimes. I'll take pain for a while. Want to live without the fog.

Burn
PS, oh, and that's Miss Dude to you.

Burn
Ummm, you know I do that a lot here, you ladies have all these cool guy names and the guys have these sissy girl names what
That is because we are cool.

I was just teasing you, old goat, since you are so much older than me ;)

Burn
I will write to you later as I have to get ready for work now and I just saw your post.
I have been taking either hydrocodone or Tyl 3 since Dec
I have never taken more than the prescribed amount but keep taking one here and one there...daily...usually only one daily
its been 5 months...i havent' taken anything in 4 days  will I start to have withdrawl (withdrawal)? and what will it feel like?
Terri
You should be fine. At the most a very mild withdrawal, but seems like you'd be over that by day 4 anyway. You were taking such a low quantity, you probably won't have any problems at all.

Burn
I was on 540mg of morphine (prescribed) and I would finish a one month supply in two weeks when I was on it.  So, that would equate to approx. 1080mg of morphine a day....give or take some mg.  I am currently on methadone and I am doing relatively well on 110mg.  I am getting another increase up to 120mg as soon as I get to see the doc (most likely tomorrow).  Are you going by what your son is telling you about the withdrawal symptoms?  With him taking it three times a day, it is hard to see him having those troubles with a dose like that.  It is hard to find an equivalent dose of methadone compared to another opioid.  Basically, you will start at 30mg or 40mg and go up gradually (10mg a day) until you hit the magic number.  That is pretty much the same for pain use or addiction use.  You can find charts that will list methadone and its equivalent dose, but I can also find you writings that say to disregard that.  The chart I use would suggest my equivalent dose to be 345mg to 374mg of methadone if I were taking 1080mg of morphine a day.  With my actual dose soon to be 120mg, you can see how reliable that is.  The chart I use is at:  http://www.globalrph.com/narcotic.htm
Hey guys? Come on man where is everyone I can
The last pain patient left?
Sorry, I should have been clearer. I meant to address the other extreme sport guys; there were a few dirt bike racers and extreme sport guys that like me managed to mangle themselves and we were are still trying to do are thing without and pain meds.
And Mike man don
ok,put your hands up and step away from the ketamine, step away from the ketamine!!!

your doc asked you if you wanted to take ketamine for... let me get this... s l e e p???

wish she were my doc! i am just giving you a hard time! ketamine is what is also known as "vitamin K" or "special K" alot of ppl think it is a horse tranquelizer and stuff... i think it is actually used in anesthesia sometimes still... but i used it to party! ever hear of a "K-Hole"? not a good place to go visit in my book but some folks like it! i like the step just before a K-hole! lol!!! leaves you with this nasty bone-achiness afterwards, or maybe it was just the **** we were doing!

later,

amber
Lately?  They're always stiff.  You haven't figured that out about me yet?  I'm sorry, but my style hasn't changed one bit in the very long time I have been here.  I've emailed you so you know how I am off of here.  I honestly don't come here for friendship.  Just to try to help if I can.  With work and all, there really isn't much time for anything else.  Don't take it personal.  I just commented on your statement about you being the only pain patient left, that's all.
Actually, the skirt comment could easily be reciprocated here.  I am sorry.  I didn't mean to upset you.
Thanks for the post Burn....appreciate it.  I am a bit "on edge" but it may be more of "oh no am I gonna have a problem?"
It seemed one thing after the other happened....and all had PAIN involved!!!  Serious shoulder surgery then 2 months later a breast biopsy and 1 month later a mastectomy!  I've had pain meds thrown at me left and right and they are SOOOO EASY TO SWALLOW~~~
wow, thank god i found this place, i feel like a rookie, not sure what's going on but i'm sure someone out there can give me some advice.

i got hit by a car 5 months back and broke a bunch of bones...through rehab and all i started taking hydrocodone. after a few months i could tell how different i felt when i wasn't taking it, but when i told my doctor he simply gave me more (i was still in that it only happens to other people stage) now it gets hard though....i'm finally working again and i have a highly physical very active job. i feel good part of the day when i can get my endorphines kicking, but then other times i feel absolutely pitiful. especially early in the morning, i can't even face the day, even though i'm at the same job i was at before and loved it. i'm living my dream life, but dread getting up in the morning b/c of all this....whatever i feel (pain, anxiety, depression, i don't even frickin know what it is i feel) is just overwhelming.  so of course, i break down and take on of my few remaining pills and i'm as happy as can be again.....so what next.

reading these messages, i know it's not easy, i've only gone 24 hours right now, but is there anything i can do to make it easier????? i'm seeing all these pills mentioned, but don't have any idea what they are..are these over the counter or what.....i try to keep up the excercise all day to get the endorphines kicking, but then my body starts aching like a car hit me or something (which i guess brings me back to the beginning)....i'm not looking for any quick solution, just maybe some ideas of what i can expect in the near future (my dosage has been low, only about 1 or sometimes 2 of the lower dosages each day), and what can make it easier.

thanks in advance, and good luck to all...
I'm new at this forum. I've been taking Hydrocodone for 3 years and I'm trying to get off of it. Any advice?
Hi all,
I'm multi-posting hoping to catch someone's ear and get as much info as I can.
I am hoping the Doc or others might have further info for me on what to expect now that I've officially left detox from Vicodin and have 7 days under my belt.  Today my nerves were wrecked and was so jittery and antsy.  I finally asked the nurse for clonopine so i took one a couple hours ago and that seems to have helped.  Will this go on for some time or will I start to notice a difference in a week or so?  My main concern is this was what really made me reach for another Vicodin and I do have one sitting in my bathroom (I know, I should flush the damn thing down the camode) but haven't and don't want to take it. Geez, think I just gave myself some advice in that last sentence, huh?
Well, would appreciate some further knowledge...
Mike, Chill, I am not upset. I was just kidding with you. I promise I will try and be more serious.
Damn, my bones already aches thanks for the info I will pass on the Ketamine. It was suppose to be some new way to treat pain non addtictive and non dependant they make it up into a nasal spray The doc knows I am not into pain meds so she has been trying strange stuff to help me out. I don't know what a K hole is but sounds like something I would not like.
Take care.
lol, a K hole is when you take enough ketamine so that you basically become paralyzed... for real! used more in rave like parties! i had a g/f who loved going into a K hole, and i have another friend who did a little too much and freaked when he entered the hole!

i would talk to your doctor about it more though before you totally write it off! she can give you more information than me! maybe they use a really, really low dose, i am sure they do! but then again, a K hole would work for pain, you couldn't move ANYTHING, not your arms or your legs, so... no pain, j/k!! keeping it light here! NOT promoting the use of special K! lol! although i do actually promote the therapeutic use of MDMA! seriously!

peace,

amber
Yes, she did say something about MDMA or GABA??I appreciate the humor my sense of humor is rather warped as well so much appreciated if ya can
Come on now.  I never asked you to be serious.  With the **** that goes on here, I had no way of knowing where you were coming from.  I also don't know why you felt the need to take one more poke.  You obviously don't know me and what I post here has nothing to do with the type of person I am.  You just don't know.
My family is really worried about me and most of the timi I could have cared less, but I know this **** is going to kill me if i don't get off of them. the first entry i read said the guy was taking seven a day. OMG! anywhere between 20-30 a day for me. I have myself down to about 4 a day right now, but when i try to go any lower the anxiety just about puts me over the edge. SCARY! for me and anyone who is in contact with me. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!
i was taking 15-20 10/500 hydrocodones for a pain that i had in my neck. the prescription obviously didn't start out that strong, but my doctor was giving me 120 pills at a time. it's now been almost 3 months and today is my first day without them, and i'm on my 9th hour and i'm shakey (shaky) and constantly breaking into tears and i DONT cry. my fall semester of college just began and i made it through the day today, but i have so much to do, i can't afford to miss school, but i can't function. i tried to get in to see my doctor this morning to get more, but i couldn't get in, and a manager at the clinic called me back and said that it's not possible that i can become addicted in that short amount of time. i'm beginning to disagree with him. i'm very dissapointed in myself for doing this to myself. i quit all of the hard drugs i was ever on before cold turkey, and this is the hardest thing i have ever gone through in my life except panic attaks. i kept taking it so much because i was actually calmed down, and i could focus on my work and what i was doing, i was constantly doing something productive, i never really got high off of them, except in the morning, and now i don't know what to do or how to feel. i don't want to check into a rehab because i can't afford it and that's way too embarassing for me. i don't know what to do except find a new doctor that knows what in the hell they're talking about. please help!
well...it has been six days clean. i went through an intense detox by myself later Wednesday evening (the day of last post). All of my friends were at work, or couldn't leave what they were already committed too, and my dad was at work, and my mom was still 4 hours away from home. I had diareha, vomitting, convulsions, spazm's in my arms for 4 hours while i was trying to sleep, hyper ventalating, weak, my teeth felt numb, the whole bit. I refused to go to a hospital, and i called my dumbass doctor to see if there was anything i could do, and she asked if i wanted more vicoden!!! i was like "are you ******* kidding me? i'm ******* DETOXING" she then asked me if i wanted all of these other pills, and i said no, and she said she would fill some kalonipen (however you spell it) and it'll take the edge off. Mind you I can hardly speak while i'm on the phone with her. So i can't drive, so i have a friend pick it up and drop it off to me. I open the package and there was the kalonipen AND VICODEN. i was so pissed. i ended up selling the vicoden and i didn't take any because i knew if i did, then i would just have to go through this tomorrow, and i was on my 16th hour, so i didn't want to expierience it EVER AGAIN. i then went out of town to my mom's house so i wouldn't be around any resources. the only major side effects now are diareha, not as motivated, and weak. i realized the reason why i never went through this before is because once i quit one drug, i was on another still. so. don't get me wrong, i love vicoden. it's my best ******* friend. i just wish there was something i could take with the same feeling it gave me, (the feeling of being motivated, and calm, not euphoric, just normal) and it not be a narcotic. i wish the best to anyone and everyone who starts or stops abusing pills. you will be much more proud of yourself when you're done.
Hey congrats for the willpower. I probably wouldn't have been so strong. It's great that you have the support of friends and family. You should get a new Dr. I have been taking the HTP pills from GNC. They have helped with the depression that hit me about 8 days after a went cold turkey. They may work even better if you take them before the depression hits in (not sure it will but hey, it's better to be safe right?
I have a friend that is a doctor who perscibed me 7.5 hydros for my herniated disc. he then asked me if he doubled my persciption, could he get some of them. I agreed and in no time I was getting hundreds of pills a month at different pharm. around the suburbs of Detroit. i was takin 25-30 tabs of 10m hydro a day. Doc started getting concerned about all the meds and stopped giving me scripts. I thought at first that it was a good thing because i was worried about the effects of the medic. on my body. I found myself looking through other peoples med. cabinets for pain pills. I am a strong christian and I know how wrong it was, but the addiction was so strong that the pills were all I could about. now I have a lady that I do work for that sells hydros. I can get them from her at any time. Sat I finally said enough is enough and tried to quit cold turkey. Sunday had to be the hardest day of my life. Stomach cramps, restless limbs, sleepless nights and the lack of motovation was a nightmare. Monday I took two just to stop the stomach cramping. Yesterday I had to take yet a couple more to motivate myself for work. Today I hope to not take any, but it's 6 a.m. and i have a lot of work to do. I feel ashamed of my addiction to these d@#m things. Sometimes i think, Hey i could have been addicted to meth, alcohol, cocaine or any other habit forming chemical. To some people who read this you may understand what i'm going through. I don't know somehow I feel alone. Another hard part is the friends that i have that also take hydros. If i'm around them, the topic comes up they ask if i need some or could go get them some from the lady i do some work for. I told all of them that i had stopped takin them and the are all happy for me, but still ask if I can hook them up with some. WOW this is tough! But, I have to keep looking at the positives. I went from 20 hydro a day to only taking two. My stomach cramping has subsided alot and no more runny stool. That in itself is motivation not to get back on them. I never want to go back through that again. I know that if I take that many again, I'll have to go back through that nightmare. One day at a time......i have to keep telling myself this. I believe in praying, so for those of you that pray Please pray for me. I'll get through this. Lord willin' and the creek doesn't rise. Or as my former boss would say, Lord willin', doesn't matter what that creek does. Lol. Thanks for listining, Polo
Hi, I. just like you, am a type 1 diabetic.  I am on an insulin pump.  I am also happy to say that I am on day 9 today, with no vicodin.    It's tough but I'm hanging in there.

Like you, I have been taking vic for five years.  Steadily for the pas7-8 momths, everyday without fail.  Getting off of the codeine is a *****.  The wd's are awful, especially the restless legs...yikes.  

Does the pain patch / pain meds have an affect on your blood sugar ?     My blood sugar went crazy the first two days that I didn't take any vic.  It was very high, all day and night.  I'm normally very tightly controlled. It's getting more regular now as the week goes on.

I almost slipped up today , but then I thought about those wicked restless leg feelings and decided "Its not worth it" to have to start all over again after 9 days.  Whew...I need to be here today guys.

hoping - As a fellow diabetic,  Please take care of your diabetes.  I am half blind to diabetic retinopathy.  I am preserving what is left of my eyesight as best as I can now.
Im sufferingbeginning stages to withdrawl (withdrawal) this will be the 3rd time. I take Methadone 30mgs 3 x a day for severe neck shoulder and back pain from an injury to my neck5 years ago- someone I love is swipping my medicine Ive even kept it locked up but once again its missing. in the past I called police and made reports but nothing ever happend .my Dr. has pretty muchsaid if this continues we will have to discontinue my scrip.  Icant get help from a dr. so i will be again getting sick I cut my dose back but it still seems i dont feel normal and I have trouble sleeping and when Im awake I feel horrible, sad, helpless, angry, like I cant go on another day. does anyone know anything that may help the desparate feelings that I know are coming?   please help.
Gotta question for all of you out there.  I'm about to bite the bullet again, and hopefully quit lortabs and oxycotins for good this time.  I want everyone's opinion.

TAPER OR COLD TURKEY???

cleenseker
im in the same boat,what did you decide?do you have suport?
Hi Rag. Boy, you gave the best description of the "sleep problem" I have seen."When I go to bed I toss and turn and feel like electricity is going through my body."  After 2 weeks off I begin to return to normal...and now have no problem. But I will never forget the "electricity feeling".  Good luck.
The original post is 4.5 years old. These people aren't here anymore. Hit the Back to Forum and join the current discussion.
good luck
Greatgreebo
Day 7--- still crawling out of my skin. It's better than in the beginning, but still can't do what I need to do.  Anyone have an idea of how long till energy will come back?????????
hey robbie...this is an old thread...repost your question ,you'll get more responses that way..
As far as crawling out of your skin...it depends on your DOC and how much you were doing and how long you were using them. Have you tried hot baths(they really do help), chamomile tea, distracting yourself w/ something else,heating pad....drink lots of fluids, take a multivitamin and  try to eat good. Keep posting
has anyone ever heard of taking tramodol to help with withdrawls ? I've had a couple people tell me that it works....... not me! Is it in my head or in they'r head? Am I just different, "more" addicted? I'm try'n the thomas recipe when I get alittle $$, as most of you may understand at this stage of it all I'm broke.
Tramadol is a synthetic opiate. Do not use for withdrawals. Also this is an old post. So post this on a new one so we can get to know you. It's slow tonight, but gets real busy in the AM. I'm signing off. See you later.
I'm not the sharpest pencil in the box when it comes to ANYTHING on my pc. Can you direct me to how to get to the other posting? I would appreciate your tollerance. If you dont mind too,?, can I ask why that the trams are a bad idea? Are they addictive too? or is there a medical risk? If so, I have a couple buddies I need to  talk to.
good advice