Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
i would like to know, i fibromyalgia, can cause blood in urin,

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

i have had every urology test done and they dont know why i continualy have blood in my urin and alot of it ,i have had fibromyalgia for 10 years and dont know where the blood comes from, i bruise vary easy, i have blood vessals burst and my whole eye turnes red. i have dark cickles under my eyes all the time .i take on the average day 8 b.c. powders for pain and have done so for 8 years could this be the problem

I am no Doctor but it doesn't sound like a Fibromyalgia thing. Usually Fibromyalgia causes fatigue and tons of aches and pains all over. Your bruising problem should be looked at.

I have read in the past Leukemia and other immunosuppressive diseases can cause more bruising than usual. Certain meds can too such as Aspirin, Ultram, etc.
You need to see a nephrologist (kidney specialist) or urologist right away. Blood in the urine can be caused by many factors. Kidney disease is hig on the list. Don't wait since the condition can be progrssive.
thank you for your comments,
katy i am new to these sights but i had to answer u ..i have been diagnosed w/ fibro you really need to see a good!!!!  urqlogist this is Not a known side effect of fibromyalgia.. this has really changed my life ...the onset of the illness...        kittie kittie
I too have had blood in my urine for years and also have fibro...sure there isn't a link???
I too have fibro and have had since i was 16, irritable bladder is a  known symptom/side, effect is there any reason why this could not be the cause of the blood in the urine?

Haematuria may not be a known symptom but as there has not been a great deal of research into fibro it could be possible that it is a symptom that has not been picked up.
I have to agree with the previous posts...I have fibro too and never had blood in my urine, it is mostly pain and fatigue. I don't bruise easily. so I would be concerned and see a specialist. sorry couldn't be much help.
I have had fibro for many many years.  I doubt the blood in urine is from it, HOWEVER...when you put blood in urine /AND bruising, it could definatly be fron the BC powder.  8 a day would tear up not only your bladder, but kidneys and liver.  I am not allowed aspirin, or stuff like it, because it gives me bleeding ulcers......You better stop taking them and go to an internest or someone else that will trace it all over your body and not just take a urine sample.  I was told if my ulcers started bleeding I may not even get to the ER but die on the way.  I have had to have several transfusions.  All internal bleeding is serious.   Love to you   Jerri