Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
if i only knew...

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

if i only knew...

I've been addicted to those evil opiates for a while now, no discrimination on the type, and this is my third attempt at breaking up with this tumultuous relationship.
I've.been doin a lot of research and can't help but feel alittle angry at not being a little more educated ob the dangers of becoming dependent on this evil epidemic.
OK...on to my question...im hurting. I haven't eatin in 3 days, and with a sick car, no friends anymore (probably because my best friend 'opiate' chased em all away), and im scared that with my anxiety,  depression,  and no support what so ever, I don't know what to do. I have 3 children, 4,6,&,14, and they deserve nothing but the best, and although im giving them the best when Mr. Opiate is with me, im not giving them love,  attention,  and a mommy.
does anyone out there have any suggestion on sabuxone treatments and is there anything I can do to stop the agony and pain?
Thanx for anyone taking time to read my desperate plead. I have no Transportation right now, can't get to the er right now, and this is not part of my plan so im desperate.
hi and welcome!  this site is great for info and especially support....look up the Thomas recipe at the bottom right corner of this page....take from it what you need....if you can get to the store....imodium (immodium), ensure or boost for when you can't eat....but most of all hydrate!  and hot baths with epsom salt help with anxiety and body aches.....

I don't have experience with subs but some people on here do, and they will come along and give you some support and advice...just be patient, weekends are kind of slow sometimes....just keep posting when you need support....hang in there! you are doing the right thing for YOU and your children!  it is so worth it and so are you!  
Are you able to quit c/t as sometimes subs just prolong the agony. Toothfairie gave you some great advice on the Thomas recipe so check it out. Also you need to stay nourished and Hydrated as toothfairie pointed out. Good luck and I will pray for you. God Bless---Rick
You said you haven't eatin in like 3 days so I'm assuming you have been detoxing for at least those days if not more. If so, I don't think Suboxone is your right move. That be like going backwards...keep moving forward. I know it hurts...I KNOW...it ***** but it gets better. Try eating some soup if you can. I stayed eating soup when I was kickn. You need to be putting nutrients in your body so not eating isn't helping. Staying hydrated really helps with the muscle cramps. I know your probably nauseous but sip soup/water slowly. Eat snacks throughout the day instead of trying to eat a meal...The pain will go away. Time will heal that...every second is a step closer to that. Remember that. In the big picture of things, this is just a small portion of the rest of your life. You can get through it.

Good luck.
I agree if your already on day 3 or so of none keep moving forward your almost past the hardest part. I too have children all around the same age as yours and I stated to slip away from my babies. But when I was detoxing they helped me so much to push through. oh and I didnt really eat for almost two Weeks.  Tried to eat a lil something but I drank a lot of fluids too. Hang in there and keep your focus on your babies, that will help you so much :)
I myself tried to quit at least 5 times unsuccessfully and am finally almost through my detox. I had problems eating as well but went with fruit, oranges, lots of water, and soup. Your going to feel worse without the food, its just making your body weaker and making you feel even worse. Even if you have zero appetite first try to take anything at all, and work your way up to be able to a bigger portion. I myself have kids as well and found it helpful to concentrate on how much better all of our lives will be with me being a sober parent. good luck.
If you are otherwise healthy, detox is not life threatening in any way. I know it feels like you're dying, but it won't kill you. It's all in your brain. You are in the process of your body learning to do on its own what the drugs used to. Suboxone is expensive and a lot of people end up on it for years, so I agree with the others, ride it out. You'll be okay, no matter what you feel or think in this process. Just tell yourself you have a bad flu and treat it like one. You can do it, keep posting for support.