Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
if i take 1 pill??

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

if i take 1 pill??

Will I wd tomorrow
Why do you want to take 1 pill?
Need more info. What is the pill? Have you taken before? Are you taking currently?
We won't give you permission to take illegal drugs or illegally bought drugs. If you're atruggling with addiction can help
I'm 10 days clean today and wonder if I take 1 percocet will I. WD tomorrow
1 pill is too many, 1,000 isnt enough....

My concern is you wanting to take a pill, having 10 days clean and worrying about wd.  Do you have pills laying around?
No jus craving and was wondering if I took 1 will I go through wd jus asking
Don't do it, it's never just one pill, I'm at day 9 (OxyContin and Percocet) and the temptation is there but one pill will lead to more pills, 10 days in is a great accomplishment don't take a step back
You will have some minor wd symptoms if you take 1 pill.   Do you have access to pills?   Knowing they are out there and we can get them to them triggers our minds to want to use.   We have to get rid of all pills and sources to stay the course.  
I kno its so hard though
Whoops, hit enter before I was finished.   Taking even 1 pill will trigger cravings for more too.   One leads to two then three.   Our brains don't forget the addiction.  
I usually don't chime in on things like this but I justcantkkep my mouth shut...no, tou will likely not have withdrawals if u take one pill...because you won't take just one pill, you take more and more...you have ten days under your belt, don't be stupid...you'd be setting yourself up for failure...no doubt about it.  Sorry if I sound harsh.
This is the hard part...the time for you to fight for your life!   The mental games are starting with your brain.   It is calling out to you like a roaring lion that it will be ok if you just take one or that you need it, can't live without it, etc.   It's trying to trick you into using.   Forget your first thought and go with the second which is, there is a reason I wanted to quit this insanity.  
Don't do it!  I went through this with you all week.  You are stronger than that!  You will be right back to where you started.  I will NOT go back...just stick with me!
Some on this forum would give anything to have 10 days clean, and you're screwing around with it. You don't appreciate or understand what you've accomplished. Don't do anything foolish. Really - one pill?
I kno I kno its jus so hard tho
Idk what to do
I can tell you that I am 3 days clean and would give my left arm for 10 days at this point.  10 days seems like a lifetime to me.

Look if you use 1, it will not stop there.  Your brain is romancing the drugs, it is telling you if u take 1 you will feel better and you will for a short time, but then it will set you back the cravings will be crazy.

Go for a walk, if you have pills flush them, if its from an outside source tell them your done.

You know what to do, sit it out wait it out but don't go for the drugs, the craving will pass, go for a walk or something to distract you from your brain. If you take the one pill you will be kicking yourself in the azz for doing so, you WILL regret the action if you take it.
sure it's hard. if it wasn't this forum wouldn't be here and wouldn't be clogged with people struggling for their life. You know what to do. Or rather, what not to do. This is a make or break point in your detox. Your head is trying to get control. The voice never stops; you have to learn to deal with it. AND, you need to cut sources so you can't access pills in moments like these.
I been out running around all day. Haven't been home. I've been keeping busy and still that's all I want an think about
It's darkest before the dawn. I found that when it got so bad I could barely take it, I was days from a breakthrough. At 10 days of percs, I'd say your past the worst of it. You'll feel very different in a few days. You're blood levels are so low now, you'd just want to take more than one to feel good. Focus on why you want to quit and things to look forward to, it helps one make thoughtful decisions rather than decisions based on a passing feeling. If you can't convince yourself, take from us, you will feel better without taking another pill. You have come so far, stay with your original decision. You can do it.
Either u want to b clean or u don't? U have 10 days clean and ur asking abt taking 1 pill!!?!?! Tell me something what I'd 1 pill going to do for u? Absolutely nothing then ur going to crave more to get high and the cycle continues !!!! What if u SSW a posy from  me tht says I'm 150 days clean do u think on bag of heroin would cause WD?? Sounds really stupid doesn't it? Don't do it , its not worth it!!!!!
Have you cut your sources? Even if you make it past today, you WILL face this temptation again. Along with the detox, I'd suggest that you do these three things...
Cut sources, tell your secret, and get aftercare. Cutting sources means that you can't easily access meds. Telling your secret means that your doc, friends and family know about your addiction and thus you cannot use behind it. Getting aftercare is just that; an NA meeting. A place where you can go during times of weakness and talk to people. Maybe even get a sponsor.
My whole family knows and I don't get the pills perscribed to me I get them off the streets..problem is I got paid today n hav some money that's why it so hard my family is working with me and are all helping me its just that thought in my head all I gotta do is call my sourse an I got sum
Aha!  Payday was a huge trigger for me!!!   Look, take that money that you would have spent on pills and pay on a bill, go grocery shopping, treat you, your family, friends, to a nice dinner out, get your hair done, by a new outfit, etc.   I actually have money to do other things now and not be dodging the bill collectors.    I love that I don't have to keep robbing peter to pay paul in order to keep up my supply.  

You are at a break it or make it point in your detox.   The second week is the worst for cravings as your mind is adjusting to life without them.   Just keep living in the moment.   Those thoughts used to dominate my thinking, but by visualizing and playing out the tape to the end I could see how that movie ended, and it wasn't pretty.   Plus you will have horrible guilt and shame for taking yourself back to square one.   Hang in there...it's tough, but worth it.  
Annonnus22 pay days were hard for me too...but listen to what Kyle, the above poster, is saying...you need to get rid of ur sources- erase their contact info, tell them ur out like trout, ur done taking pills, and u don't want them to call u, etc etc. it really is important to do that.
one is too many and a thousand is never enough... it really is not about the 1 pill it is all about addiction. so either you have decided that you are not the same kind of addict most of us are..............or possibly you are experiencing everything each one of us has had and still have to deal with ..craving and denial. this is your chance to go through these feelings and not getting high....the choice is yours.....thoughts are not feelings and feelings are not fact... i suspect that your disease is talking to you loud and hard..... the only way to get throught this is not to use.. give someone your money if you are tempted to spend it on dope....you may have gotten paid today but my guess is there are some folks who have helped you out with money and so to pay them back a little would be the better decision.....total sef centeredness is a major symptom of addicts......i hope for the best for you... this is a very trying time for you.if you are not sure if it is your disease or not.... put it off til tomorrow.more will be revealed.
That's how my last deal started.One little pill.  I would have way more than a year now if not for that one little pill.I would also have more money,trust of my family,peace of mind,etc.      Don't
I'm not going to its just super hard..and needed to vent..what can I take for depression
I saw this and had to post You are at 10 days what so many would give for that and you want to throw it all away for "1" pill be honest you wont just do "1" pill  because "1" pill is never enough!
You need to get rid of your pill source or I am sorry to sound harsh You will relapse maybe not today but very soon and you are already asking for permission to just take "1" Its not worth it and You will regret it truly I promise you!
My advice is get rid of your pill source Immediately! and Tell your secret! and Get aftercare that will help with the depression trust me I know it hard we all know its hard But a clean Life is so much better! You will see if you do whatever it takes to stay clean your life will be so much better! No more wasting your Money on Pills that make you feel guilty or no more counting them and worrying that you are low. I am at 195 days and yes somedays are Hard but they are still better than ANY day I was high off pills.
Good Luck to you and I hope you read these post and think about the advice you have been given .
The mental cravings are hard.  What makes them easier is knowing you can't get your hands on some.    If you have sources still available to you, then it makes them that much harder because you keep thinking they are just a call away.  Get rid of the numbers, block them from your phone!!    Let them know you don't want anymore if they find you.  You won't believe how liberating that is.    You have to protect yourself.  
I'm at day 9 so I understand where you're at with the mental struggle, I am able to refill my OxyContin and was battling with myself all day on whether or not to go to the doc and get the script, I didn't because I don't want to start all over again, 10 days is a great accomplishment be proud and stay strong
Oh my gosh, please don't do it...Whatever you have throw it away..It is not worth it because the cycle starts again..One will never be enough...Hang in there..Denise
I Dont Mean to take away from the posters thread But your post stuck out to me Let Your Doctor know that you wont be needing that refill REDFLAG yourself with pharmacy Tell Them You are an addict trust me I know this is hard to do But once its done those refills wont be whispering to you anymore and it helps you stay moving forward with your recovery.
And everyday it does get easier By The way congrats to you on day 9 Thats really good and you will see i promise you life is so much better it really is.
God Bless and stay strong!
Hey man or woman.... Listen, it will not work. These are the times that you need to get by without a pill. These are the tests, the tempations that we all go through while getting clean. And let me tell you, in the beginning I did the same thing as you. A week or 2 in I said let me just take a pill to calm me down and get me sane. Even if 1 pill doesnt turn into two or three, you will get thrown right back into withdrawals bro.. dont do it
And it is these mental games that get most people back into their drugs again. Most people I know dont go back to using because of restless legs or diharea. They go back because of the mental anguish. Support support support is what we all need during these times. I am almost 8 months clean now and life is better than I could ever imagine. Just hold on it will get better. WIth time, determination and a support system you will be better than you could ever  imagine. God Bless Sunny
Don't do it. It will most likely just make you regretful and sick.
I have a Dr appt next Wednesday and will talk to him about not giving me anymore scripts
Don't do it!! If you've come this far you'd just be back @ square 1. Whether the wd are bad or not, the guilt & feeling of weakness will be depressing enough & probably lead to more. I'm "only" 1 week clean from my own addiction to an opiate (heroin) but I know damn well if it happens once it'll happen again. Stay strong & Pls let us know what happens.