if i take one pill will it set me back to day one?
this is my 6th day with no norco which i am addicted to and have been for two years im so proud of myself but i was taking it for back pain and today nothing is helping me and i really want to take a pill will that one pill set back all the withdraw syptoms?
6 days is awesome your over the hump hang in there! Is there anything else you can try right now. I'm not sure what taking one will do I know for me it never just stopped at one.
Yes it will. Not physically, but mentally you will be right back where you started. My experience leads me to the ” Just one more...” scenario. I would strongly advise against it.
Using is NOT an option.  You have 6 days under your belt and that is awesome.  Your head is playing games with you.  Rebound pain is very common during this time but it does get better.  Have a warm bath, go out for a walk etc.  You can get thru this!
If you want to remain clean, you have to lose the access to pills.  Having pills around is a temptation most addicts cannot control.  It is a recipe for using.

Bryan
Please do not!! You have come so very far and I am so proud of you... It is a mental set back and 1 pill will NOT help you, it will HURT you... 1 pill leads to two, three...oh, just one more pill will not hurt....please stay strong. You CAN do this! My blessings

Belle
Yes it will set u back , 6 days is great dont give in get out go for a walk take a warm bath, Stay busy and eliminate your pill source so its not even an option, Hang in there and push thru each day
OH Yes that little tape in the Brain will play it again over and over..Like they said just one more for this or that reason..I know it has happen to be through out my Life time..And the biggest excuse for me was..Ahhh Its prescribed I should be able to trust my DR..Oh ya just this scrip..Yes we need to shut the Door and Locked it and Throw away that Darn Key never to Re-Open the Door again..OK..Good Luck keep on Truckin..
hun you need to change your way of thinking that the pills are the only way to handle your pain.
there is going to be increased pain during your detox that is a given.
it will take about 2 or 3 months off the pills to re-evaluate your pain.
have you tried alternative pain relief methods? chiropractor, physical therapy, massage, exercise, yoga, water therapy, swimming, hot and cold applications, acupuncture?
congrats on your clean time. keep moving forward. get rid of the pills.
many times the pain is increased on opiates, it is called hyperalgesia.
continued healing and peace,
debbie
HI   1 is to many and 1000 not enough  dont tempt fate ...just dont pick up................................Gnarly
How are you feeling this afternoon?
Hoping you are doing ok and pushing thru each day
unfortunately i did end up taking that pill my pain was too much for me to handle and ive taken one pill a day sense someone has them for me i dont have access to them and i have to say even though i feel guilty i didnt keep going cold turkey that one pill has been helping a lot more than i thought a wee ago it would have done nothing but since i hadnt had any for 6 days it actually worked again one a day is a lot better than the eight a day i was taking but i do want to be clean so im trying my hardest to make it through the pain without anything thank you for your concerns
Be careful.  One a day turns to 10 plus a day really fast.
if you haven't been able to control your addiction for 2 years you wont be able to control it now. it will take over your thoughts again.

what kind of back pain do you have?
Don't beat yourself up for taking the pill(s). Only you know when your ready. Most of us on here have slipped more than once. Keep your chin up even if you get shunned a bit. We are all on this road together at different times. Hang tough!
I agree with hazelstar. Do not beat yourself up. You KNOW you need to quit. You have to stop when you are ready, no one can decide for you. This is my first time stopping in the two years I was taking Vic's and I hope it will be my last. These pills tear our bodies apart, so of course I want you totally clean, but you will have my support throughout your journey...blessings to you...

Belle
Sorry, I meant I agree with TiredinTempe....:)
It will for sure set you back, because you are already negotiating with yourself which we all know leads to bigger things. I would try every other home remedy in the book and focus on that......6 days.is a HUGE feat don't turn back now...you got this.   ;)

Chriscross1964