Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
if just 1 of you could help me

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

if just 1 of you could help me

I'm feeling like I can't hang in there doing this by myself. I'm trying to take myself off Oxycocet and Lyrica. I quit 60mg Cymbalta cold turkey 4-1/2 weeks ago and it was a very tough ride, but I refused to give in. Now I'm trying to get off these other 2 drugs and I feel like I can't cope. Can one of you please help me? I've gone from 600mg Lyrica a day down to 450mg and I'm on 1 oxy 5/325 4 times a day. How can I do this?
Hi there and welcome! You will find lots of advice and support here! I have no personal experience with the Lyrica, but there are other members here who do! Hang in there, and someone will be along to help! Have you talked to your doctor about this? I would think they would be your best resource to help with the tapering! Take care! Keep posting!
I would seriously consider doing 1 at a time.  All of the drugs that you have been taking have bad withdrawal symptoms.
Why are you going off all of these?
I stopped oxy a couple of months ago and have just recently tapered off of Lyrica and it was brutal.  
Unless your doctor has advised you otherwise I would taper off of the oxy first and then the Lyrica or vice-versa.  
I am supposed to start Cymbalta so I am interested in knowing why you have to go off everything at once.
I am wondering why you went off Cymbalta. Mental illness, depression, etc is real. That is a legitimate medicine if you're suffering from depression. And to go off that prior to trying to quit oxy's? May I ask why?

You must have been on Cymbalta for a reason?
It's also being used for fibromyalgia etc.  Either way your poor body must be going through hell right now.  Is your doctor involved with this?
I really feel badly for all you are going through.
You could slow the Lyrica taper down by only dropping 75mg at a time.
It's still hard but not as drastic as cutting the 150mg each time.
so it seems that members need a little information before they are able to share with you what has worked for them...... the suggestion about a doctor's visit is very legit as we are not the medical field.... there is a huge amount of detoxin experience and yet more info is needed.... a lot of us have a duel diago, me for one.....so we will have some mental health experience as you can tell by the questions being asked.....maybe you can post a little more about what is going on.......
Yes, Cymbalta is prescribed for fibro and other pain management, but fact is it helps with serotonin and norepinephrine, feel good chemicals.

It takes 2-4 weeks to work, and 2-4 weeks to get out of your system after stopping.  My opiate detox, only on day 4, I'm clueless to help, just encourage. But anti depressants I know. And regardless of why they were subscribed, I'm concerned a crash of seratonin etc, now, would be horrible.

I hope you can see a Dr. Good luck :)
Yes, especially going cold turkey off of it.  
I hope you come back and post 572.  We are thinking about you.
Hi folks, thanks for replying so fast! Yes I do have Fibromyalgia (since 1995) and that is why all these drugs. I have talked to my doctor and told her I was going to try the gym and a better diet instead of the drugs. He agreed and told me I could quit the Cymbalta cold turkey and there would be no side effects :) He was very wrong! At least I'm over that now, lol. Ok so now I'm quitting the Lyrica by 50mg every 7 days, I've gone from 600mg to 450mg tomorrow I'll drop to 400mg. The oxy I've been splitting them in half, so far not even a half today :) but it's a battle, lol. I realky need some support if possible to help me through the next little bit. No doubt I'll do it but friends make it eaiser. No sleep ***** but I'll sleep when I'm dead, lol. Thank you to every one of you.
Wow you are very brave.  I just finished a Lyrica taper and it was brutal especially when I stopped altogether but my taper was ridiculous.  My doctor said I didn't even need to taper but reluctantly prescribed me 2 weeks of 75mg a day to taper with after I insisted because I didn't want to feel sick over Christmas.
Yours sounds very sensible and doable even though it's not pleasant at all.
I am now tapering off Effexor so I can start Cymbalta but I am very afraid to start the Cymbalta because of what I have read about it's withdrawal.
I took it for a few days but don't want to put another drug in my system.
I would continue to do a very slow taper if I was you and even consider doing one pill at a time but you sound very determined.
Keep posting.  I will be cheering you on.
Oh I'm on a mission indeed Pat! I remember when I quit smoking after 4 years of the nasty habit, I pulled it off cold turkey, did the same thing with drinking too. Getting of the Cymbalta from what I've read and my experience is the nastiest one, I had absolutely no idea what I had ahead of me on that one. Think it through before you start taking them Pat. 9pm here and still np perks, I think I'll try the Oxy cold turkey as of today, see what happens,  lol. As for the Lyrica I'll keeping by just 50my every 7 days. THIS WAS MY LAST NIGHT OF 450 :) tomorrow night I'll start the 400mg jolt, lol. Can't wait till I'm completely clean. I just need a bit of help doing it and then I can help others going through this as well.
Iw was on all the drugs for Fibromyalgia.
You're very strong to quit so much at once. I must ask, did your Dr know you planned to quit opiates after quitting Cymbalta?

Seems backwards! No matter the Cymbalta was for fibro, you got the anti depressive affect from it as well.

But your attitude rocks and that's what will get you through! Congrats on your decision.
Thanks Barb, my doc does NOT know I'm done with the oxy. Thank you so much for your kind words, very appreciated.  I'm have my week moments but it's realky only mind over matter which was put into play on getting off the Cymbalta.  Please keep encouraging me if you would. It's a battle indeed, one than can be won.
Thank you so much.
Up all night again, 4:07 here and can't sleep. My legs are twitching and I think my body is screaming for a hit of oxy but I'm damn well not giving into it, lol. Not easy that's for sure. I figure after 3-4 days of no Oxy my body might just realize how stubborn my mind is and give in! Omg, this is not fun, lol. Anyone else up or need help?
I hear ya I'm just at the end of my 4th day and wide awake can't sleep
I've started to take it as a challenge.  This is just my body healing and brain trying to trick me.  If we give it time all will be back to normal soon
Hang in there
One pill at a time. That's what my doc said, never two at the same time. Kick the opiate first. Read my post, gives you an idea how to do it pain free. I'm still struggling with weaning without wd so just posted another help me question. Think I'm cutting to quick, have to talk with the hubby about dropping to 5 instead of 10mg at a time . I hear it can be done, pain free without the wd feeling each time you wean. My opinion is why wean if you go into wd weaning? So trying to get what's right for me so I don't feel it... Don't expect pain free but wd is bad with my choice of weaning each time.....so slow it down one drug at a time. Not two. Get one out then go for the other. Good luck
Yes we can all pull this off and yes our bodies all react in a very different way. With each others support we can do it easier :) For me, I've absolutely made up my mind that I'm done with the oxy cold turkey, so now I'm on the final mission to get off these Lyrica pills. I just watched all my oxy go down the toilet so that means they are no longer an option. Please don't think I'm suggesting any of you do this unless you have the mind set for the consequences that may face you, I'm very strong willed. This doesn't mean I don't need your help by the way. So that's got me down to 1 more nasty drug to get off, starting tonight I'm dropping to 400mg from 450mg's of Lyrica. Remember I was at 600mg per day and I'm dropping by only 50mg a week. Don't be surprised if I decide to speed this one up as well but for now since I seem to have run out of oxy lol I'll stay on the Lyrica taper. Again I'm only human too and need your support going through this. I also would love to offer my support to anyone that just need someone to talk to them getting off something.  I wish I had stumbled upon this site when I had quit my 60mg Cymbalta pills cold turkey, lol, almost 5 weeks ago! Thank you again to all who have responded to my cry for help.
You have an amazing attitude! So strong. Can't wait to see your progress! And I agree, this site and people are amazing!
How much were you taking before the taper Pat? I drop to 400mg starting toniggt.
I was taking 600mg.  I tapered way too fast and still am suffering from it.  On top of that doing a too fast Effexor taper.
My doctor is either an idiot or a masochist.  I'm betting on the latter.
Update: Will be 48 hours at 8pm eastern USA/CANADA time since I took my last oxy, I've had a very tough day going through withdrawals.  I'm not one to hide things so yes I balled my eyes out for a while but I've still refused to give in, I figure by day 4 I should start to at least be able to trick my mind into thinking it's getting easier. I also drop my Lyrica intake by another 50mg tonight down to 400mg. I forgot to mention that on the 14th of Dec I also quit cold turkey taking 300mg of Zytram a day, I think I'm ok with that one now. Has this been easy? OMG, no, it's been absolutely some of the worst times I can remember, but I'm so determined to pull this off. If I were to give in to taking a oxy right now (which is what my body wants me to do) then I would feel so defeted,  and to be honest the high would only last a few hours and I'm going to want another, so not going to happen. Somehow it feels better if I take a motion sickness pill (Gravol) as it eases the anxiety some, I'm also suckin back the Gatorade like a runner after running 25 miles. So I've been able to quit the following Cold Turkey 60mg daily Cymbalta since Dec 6th 2012, 300mg daily Tramadol since Dec 17th, I just quit the Oxy 2 days ago A5/325 × 4 daily and I've tapered my Lyrica from 600mg to 400mg in 2 weeks as of today. The Lyrica I'm going to try and stick with my taper of 50mg every week from now on. After I'm off all these meds I'll be very careful as too what I take for drugs, I'll be researching from now on. Thanks for listening to my struggle getting clean.
Your strength, determination, and attitude are amazing! I simply can not believe what you have overcome, and what you continue to overcome! I don't think I've ever seen someone just plow right through this like you are! Take care, I continue to wish you all the best! I hope you feel better very soon!
I was really depressed coming off of the Lyrica and always had a rough time with depression during oxy withdrawal.  The combo can make it brutal.
I don't know what is still making me so sick.   I have read the Lyrica withdrawal can go on forever but I am sure the Effexor is creating havoc too.  I am taking Omega 3 for the brain zaps and that seems to help.
Imodium (immodium), gatorade helping too.
I forgot about gravol.  It really helps with nausea and used to make me sleepy too.
So, I am supposed to start Cymbalta after all of this.  That was the reason for going off the Effexor and the Lyrica.  Now I don't want to.
Have you found anything that works for fibromyalgia that is natural?
Wow 572. You're attitude is so inspiring! But of course there will be difficulties, post!

Pat, not perse for fibro, but IMO a great herb that helped me immensely the last couple months on these pills ( with energy and mood) is Reisha Mushroom Extract. It's used for CFS, and a lot of times Fibro goes with that. Look it up. Buy at GNC or Vitamin Shoppe only, somewhere trusted. I can't wait to feel it off opiates!

There is an RX.. Savella I think? For fibro, but it's just a med similar to Cymbalta.
Thanks so much.  I will check it out.  I can hardly wait to feel good again but I know it's going to happen.  I just have to be patient.
Wait just a minute here, mushrooms? Seriously? Aren't those psychedelics? Well, I guess whatever works! Who would have thought, Shrooms...
You are a shilly sit.
I'm sorry, I couldn't resist the feeble attempt at humor! Laughter really is the best medicine!
Oh yes, there is definitely a price to pay for fast tracking this and I'm paying it. I just took my 1st taper dose of  Lyrica 400mg, actually about an hour ago now and between it and the Gravol my anxiety has lifted a bit. This gloomy winter weather doesn't help matters any, lol. I'm a little down and feeling bluesy (think there's a song in there) but I guess that can be expected. Gee, the things I get myself into! I hope I get some sleep tonight, for now the sweats and shivering has stopped.  I have no idea how I'm going to thank you all when this is over for me. Thanks for your encouraging words.  
Stay positive,  you will be feeling excellent very soon.
Crazy not being able to relax and sleep but by day 4 the Oxy withdrawal should me miles better and I miggt sleep some.
It's amazing how the Lyrica stops the opiate withdrawal sweats.  I had no idea how much it helped with opiate withdrawal.  It's not the answer though because the withdrawal from Lyrica is worse lol.  
Well it was for me and still is.
I wish I could have done a much slower taper.  It's been too hard on me but I am a wimp.
Your no wimp, this is tough stuff to. I just woke up after a little over an hour's sleep so that was wonderful.  My legs twitching is what woke me. No sweats though and my thought right now is I can pull this off.
Any idea's for twitching legs or am I fighting it out, lol
I find hot showers or heating pads help take the RLS away
Oh ok, I'll try the hot shower. Thank you.
If it continues you can pick up Hylands Restless Legs at Walmart or any drugstore.  People say it works really well.  I was lucky not to get that.  I did have it in my arms though.
Update: I actually got about 5 hours sleep which was good. Now it's up and get ready to go into the office. I'll post again tonight.
You go!! I was the same wy.. My dr. Put me on a 2week taper plan.. I was done in 6 days.. My mind was done.. I didn't want to put not her pill down my throat.. Ow are you feeling? Stay strong!!
I'm like not good right now Missshawn, my office is a 50 mile drive from home, I got half way there and BAM! Panic attacks and my entire suit soaked in sweat (yuck, lol) with my body screaming out for just a small hit of oxy. I turned my vehicle around and headed home. I refuse to take even a 1/4 of a pill knowing that in 3-4 hours I will want another one. It will be 72hrs at 8pm tonight since I took one, I don't want to start over again. I couldn't imagine the mental pain of having to start over again. Right now I'm going through sweats, shakes, chills, panic attacks and diarrhea :( this is where I need your help getting through, please help me.
Thanks Pat, re restless leg info.
If you haven't yet, get the Imodium (immodium). It helps with more than the bathroom issues! soak in a hot bath. It will help to relax you. You have come so far. your strength is amazing. Don't forget vitamins, and Gatorade. Hang in there! That amazing attitude if yours will get you thru!
Thanks Jen, thank you so much. I'm going to try and go for a long walk too. Can't believe what I get myself into,  lol.
Wow, I am impressed!   I am sorry the wd hit you so suddenly.   Definitely get some Immodium Multi Symptom.  It binds in your intestinal tract like an opiate but does not cross the blood brain barrier.   It helps with the opiate trots and some of the other wd symptoms.   Keep drinking lots of fluids, hot soaks in tub with epsom salt, eat soup, crackers, bananas, oj, yougurt and get some ensure.  Your body needs the protein and potassium while detoxing.   Just look at it like the flue and you will be feeling better soon!  
Thanks NoLife4Me. I'm a fighter but gee when your down for the count it feels like you've been conquered by a giant. I've decided in my mind to be the giant killer and when you guys comment it adds more fuel to my fire. My mind right now is the biggest battle, lol. Thanks for taking time out for a complete hurting stranger.
LOL!  I completely understand...felt like I had the hounds of he11 on my arse in a dog eat dog world with milk bones as my underwear!    Just relax and let things run their course.  I know it really does bite.  You have the right attitude of embracing it rather than fighting it.   That makes all the difference.   Rest, watch some comedy and move around when you can.   Even if you do one thing then rest, then do another and rest...time will pass quicker.   Gotta get to work...will check back later.   Hugs!
Went for a brisk 20 min walk, so cold out today 18f. I stopped into a drug store and talked to a pharmacist about my situation,  he says by the 1 week point I will be fine as far as the oxy goes, so only 4 more days of this and it does seem to be getting a little bit better. I just took a Gravol pill to calm my anxiety.  I also asked the pharmacist about my Lyrica taper. He says dropping it by 50mg a week is a very slow taper and a wise decision,  shouldn't really notice much at all, that was good news. I can hardly wait to get all this stuff out of my system, but for now it's a day at a time. The pharmacist was surprised I had quit the Cymbalta,  Tramadol and Oxy cold turkey, he looked at me like I was nuts! I told hime when I make my mind up it's full steam ahead. Honestly, think I'll do the full taper on the Lyrica though. Now my mind just wants to help others get off drugs they abuse or no longer need. I'm a big guy at 6'3" 220lbs but it doesn't matter how big you are we all hurt the same. I'm so thankful for all of you helping me through this.
Now I'm really feeling low and depressed, just had a big cry and I feel like I'm losing :(  but I'm not giving into the oxy.......
I'm sorry you are feeling so lousy.   It's all part of the process as your feelings are returning.   That's a good thing!    Try listening to some music or watching some comedy.    You are doing good....hang on!

Did you get rid of all your Oxy?    It will keep calling out to you if you have any around.   You can't take what you don't have, right?    :)    
I remember my first good cry after opiates. I cried and cried and then, I started laughing. I couldn't remember the last time I really cried or felt that deep at all. Like Sarah told me, "Congratulations on feeling again." Those words will live with me forever. As painful as some things feel, they are all part of progress, as long as we stay off the pills. I try not to act on any decision, unless I've thought about it for 3 days. That's probably saved me. Your getting closer by the minute, you got this thing.
Thanks you guys, I won't give in, day 3 at 8pm eastern tonight. I must be able to do this. Yes I still have a few oxy around but I WILL NOT give in. I take my 400mg of Lyrica in 35 minutes and it seems to help with the oxy withdrawals. Your encouragement is really helping here so much. Day 3 over in 2.5 hrs.....
You are one tough cookie! Almost to day 4! Sorry about the emotional day. But like weaver said "congratulations on feeling"! Just remember its part of the process.
After taking the lyrica I did not get the relief from the oxy withdrawal so I took a gravol to calm my mind. I have the worst headache ever but my sweats have stopped and I'm feeling sleepy. Don't forget I'm also weaning off Lyrica too, by 50mg a week.
Yes the lyrica really helps with the oxy withdrawal.  The only thing is, the Lyrica withdrawal is worse than the oxy.  Just wanted to tell people that in case they were thinking of using Lyrica for oxy withdrawal.
Stay on your Lyrica taper.  You are doing great.
Thanks Pat, I can't believe how people are responding to me on here. It really helps so much. Yes indeed I will taper out of the Lyrica.  I don't think my mind or body could handle another cold turkey. 3 is enough all since Dec 6/ 2012. I hope day 4 goes better than today did.
Slept for about 2 hrs, this is very weird but I'm actually feeling pretty good right now. I'm almost starting to feel normal again, lol. I'm sure I'm not out of the woods just yet, I'm only 3 hrs into day 4. What a ride, one I would never wish on anyone.
Well day 4 can be a big turn around day for the oxy withdrawal.  Also the Lyrica is probably helping.  
I wanted to ask you about the Cymbalta.  Did it help with your fibro pain at all and also how bad were the withdrawals?  I am supposed to start taking it at the end of the week and really going back and forth with it.
Hi PorVids, just wondered how your withdrawals are going?  This is the beginning of day 4 for me, I'm actually feeling pretty good right now.  Feels like the real me is finally making an appearance. 11:34pm here, just popped another Gravol to help me relax and hopefully some sleep. It's been crazy up & down so far.
Honestly Pat I don't think that it did anything for me. I wanted off it lobg ago but my doc insisted that I keep taking it. I can assure you that it's as nasty as getting off the Oxy, trust me. I quit it a month ago CT and I thought I would go out of my mind. Not to frighten you as I'm sure it does help many. I was on 60mg a day.
I really hope day 4 is in fact the turnaround day. Thanks Pat °¿°
Yeah that's my prescribed dose.  I think I am not going to take it and then the pain gets bad and I think I am going to take it.  It's so ridiculous but I think I fear the withdrawals more than I fear the pain.  At least that's how I feel right now lol.  Could change tomorrow.

I am so glad you are feeling better.  You have come a long way and it's a great feeling to get off each pill.  It's been a long battle for you.
Stay strong.
I'm feeling the pain now throughout my body but I'll take it. All the pills really freaked me out, but that's just me. The Gravol really seems to take the panic and anxiety away in getting off this Oxy. Long as I don't get hooked on that!!!! Lol
I used to take gravol all the time for sleep and for anxiety until it stopped working after using it for so long.  I don't think I had any withdrawal symptoms lol.
It's true though, we worry about everything now and rightly so.
Just woke up 10am and to be honest I'm not sure what happened,  I actually feel good! No sweats, anxiety not bluesy and my headache is gone. I hope this means l'm at the turnaround point. I don't take my Lyrica for 8 more hours so between now and then who knows what will happen. The good news, I never gave in to the Oxy and today will be flush down the toilet day :)
Ok so I may have jumped the gun just a little here. I'm not in as good a mind as I was 2 hours ago but better than I have been. I just went for a 20 minute walk and the sweat was pouring out of me. It's right around the freezing mark out there and the cool air seems to help. This is day 4 so tomorrow has to be better, at least I hope so.
It sounds like you are doing great. As it starts to lessen the symptoms seem to come in waves. Your good times will get longer, and your waves of icky will not be as intense! You continue to be an inspiration. Hang in there.
Hang in there!!! I am on Day 7 and I was feeling the same way you are on day 4. I had waves of feeling great, then time of feeling very bad and very depressed.  As of today the physical is all gone and now I have short stints of anxiety, depression and cravings throughout the day but nothing like Day 4.

Time to dig deep today.  I had to keep telling myself, one hour more and I am closer to feeling better.  You can do this, I know it!!!!
Thanks you guys, I really must say that your encouragement has helped me get through this mess. I kept busy after my walk to keep my mind off me. No crys today (yet, lol) and I'm not as down and depressed as the last few days. My Lyrica hit is at 6 but I may even see if I can push it to 9 as it helps me sleep. I never took any Gravol pills today so that means my anxiety is letting up some although it dose seem to come in waves but much smaller ones. I go to my doctors tomorrow to let her know what all I've quit, she's going to be surprised.she was never big on me going on any of these drugs the specialist put me on. At one time I was a very fit guy who pumped iron 3 days a week and now I'm a drug head but recovering! By summer I'll be back in shape, once I put my mind to the gym I'm a runaway train. You people have no idea how much you have helped and continue to help me on here. I'm so appreciative. I'll need to buy you all dinner out, where does everyone live? I'm in Southern Ontario.
Crazy, but I just had a massive breakdown and cried like a baby. Now I feel depressed and Blue again. I just took my 400mg's of Lyrica and a Gravol. Will this ever end??????? Day 5 starts at 8:00pm
Crying is good. It's healing. I cried today and it felt great.
It has to end. U r at the turning point u can go back to misery or breakthrough to the other side of freedom. Come on if I am doing it u can too!
I'm going to the other side, no way I'm going to give in now. I feel good again tonight.
Just started day 6 about 4 hrs ago, not perfect yet but by day 8-9 I should be oxy free and no withdrawal symptoms.  Now I'm on a mission to kick out the Lyrica!
Wow, you are doing so well.  Just remember to go slow with the Lyrica taper.  It can be brutal but is doable with a slow taper.  I think the smallest dose they come in is 75mg.  I could be wrong though and you can't break them open.  
I am in Southern Ontario as well.  It seems like the doctors have really been pushing Lyrica here lately.  They are trying to get everyone off of the Oxy's which is a great idea but they are going to have to do some research on how bad the Lyrica withdrawals are.  My doctor said I wouldn't have any.  What a joke.
I don't post on this forum too often as I was dependent versus addicted, but it was here that I got help coming off an enormous amount of narcotics and other drugs when I was in pain management and they were not helpful when I wanted to try to come off.  

I don't know if you've written any other posts and I'm unsure whether you're addicted or dependent.  I agree with others who say one drug at a time.  I had a miserable taper because I was way too anxious to get off and made myself very ill.

I was diagnosed with fibro 13 years ago.  They tried me on Lyrica but I'm sensitive to a lot of meds and I gained 16 pounds in 2 weeks so I went off it.  In hindsight, I'm blessed.  I CT off Cymbalta.  I had an adverse reaction to it and it didn't help my pain.  And unfortunately, it spiraled me into a very black depression.  Coming off it wasn't that easy and I now know I should have tapered.

I know how difficult fibro can be.  (I wasn't on narcotics and Cymbalta for my fibro; I was on it from joint replacement gone bad that resulted in RSD.)  I never abused or misused my meds but had the physical withdrawals just like everyone else.

In the 13 years I've had the fibro, I have found it's a bit of searching to find what works for you.  My fibro primarily affects my arms and legs.  Even though it seemed impossible, I decided to try to exercise.  I started with swimming (and initially all I could do was one length.)  I then moved on to an exercise bike, the elliptical machine and some light weights.  I also was careful with what I ate.  I found that worked better for me than anything the doctors had prescribed or anything I had researched.  (I tried some pretty wacky things in the beginning.)

Good sleep is essential with fibro.  I do get flare-ups and some have been significant.  I had a bad car accident and was fine, except it caused a 6-month flare-up that I couldn't break for the longest time.

Fish oil or krill oil is supposed to be helpful.  I don't overdo it on the supplements but I do take a vitamin, fish oil and try to be kind to myself.  (Not easy with 4 kids and and 84-year old dad depending on me.)

Take your time with the Lyrica.  Sounds like you're almost out of the woods with the oxy.  Are you using anything from the Thomas recipe?  I found that the Imodium (immodium) helped so much with withdrawal, way more than with just the stomach issues.  Alteril is also a great all-natural aid for sleep.

Pat, I can't tell you how many doctors told me I'd never have withdrawals because I had "real pain."  And the truth is, I never got a high or a euphoiria with it.  Sometimes I'd be tired and my memory went to hell or I had side effects but nothing enjoyable.  What a surprise the first time I went into withdrawals!

Just wanted to encourage you.  I know when you have chronic pain it can be very difficult. I have some very bad days.  There is also a pain management forum here that you may benefit from.  It's not as active as this one and it's not the forum it used to be when I first joined, but there are often some great ideas.  And I think there's also a Fibromyalgia forum here as well.
The lyrica also comes in 50's and 25's, I've been dropping by 50mg a week and I've gone from 600mg down to 400mg so far. I saw my doc yesterday and told her I had quit everything, and now tapering off the Lyrica she was somewhat shocked. She had originally put me on the Cymbalta but the Lyrica, Oxy and Tramadol was from the specialist. I guess I've really put my body through a lot since Dec 6th, the day I started quitting all this. My doctor was actually very good with me and has me coming to see her once every week now until the end of Feb. I'm still having some anxiety and with that comes sweating and sometimes crying spells, diarrhea and very little sleep. Have not been into work all week but I did get a doctors note for that. The Cymbalta and Tramadol must be out of my system by now, Dec 6th since I quit Cymbalta and 17th on the Tramadol. This isday 6 for the Oxy, gee I must be getting close to the end now? Do you think the 50mg a week taper is too fast or I could do 25mg a week. Just want my life back.
I meant 50mg a week on the Lyrica or should I look at 25mg a week taper?
Wow, now I am really mad at my doctor for making me suffer like that.  I had no idea that Lyrica came in smaller doses than 75mg.  Grrrrrr.
I would give yourself a break for a week and not try to drop anymore than what you have already because of your oxy withdrawal.  See how you feel next week and then decide.  
It would take me a good 3 days to adjust to it when I was tapering.
I really believe that slow and steady is the best way to go with Lyrica.
You are doing fantastic.  
Gee Pat, sorry you didn't know that,  your doctor should have informed you. So how did you taper off the Lyrica? Like at what rate and dosage drop? I feel like I'm fighting a loosing battle now with things, I'm depressed and full of anxiety, still crying at times. Help
I'm actually feeling kind of desperate. Tonight at 9pm starts day 7 for me and I still do not want to give into the Oxy.
Oh don't give up now. You've come so far and the worst is just about over! Maybe slow your lyrics taper, and let your brain catch up! You will turn that corner. It will get better a little every day. You are super strong! Hang in there!I
Thanks Jen, I took my 400mg Lyrica at 6 and I haven't eaten a lot so I can really feel it hitting me. The Lyrica does ease up the anxiety a lot. I will never ever quit CT anything, my body is completely beaten now. My God how long does this Oxy take to finally release me free? I could really use some encouragement,  lol. What a demon to fight.......
I'm back! Finally got my Internet back up. Day 12 today and all the oxycodone withdrawal symptoms are gone :) Now I'm on the final drug to quit.....Lyrica. I've tapered from 600mg a day to 200mg, no sleep for 5 nights now. In 4 weeks I'll be finished the Lyrica.  How can I sleep? Tried Gravol, Benadryl,Nyquil and nothing lets me sleep. Help....  
Nothing really seems to be the perfect thing to help with sleep except time.  It does come back eventually.  You are coming off a lot of meds that have the insomnia withdrawal symptom.
You could try melatonin or alteril.  It really helps some people.
I could never find anything that worked for more than a day or 2.
I just spoke with my pharmacist and she suggest I get my doc to prescribe me some imovane for sleep while tapering off the Lyrica.
It's been a month since I quit my oxy cold turkey, took a good two weeks for it to let go. I really appreciate all of you helping me through this. I'm still having a battle with tapering off the Lyrica. It is absolutely insane coming off Lyrica.since Dec 14th till now I've tapered from 600mg to 150mg. I jumped it an extra 100mg lower last week and it's been hell, major anxiety,  out of control crying, headaches,  panic, can't eat, can't focus can't go to work and I feel like I'm losing my mind. I was able to get some sleeping pills so I take them at night to get some sleep. 4 days at 150mg now. I'm either going to quit it cold turkey as I'm suffering anyways or bump it back up a bit. I see my doc tomorrow,  might just ask to be admitted into the hospital as I'm so beat up. Any ideas?
Lyrica withdrawal is brutal.  I am still going through hell from either that, Effexor or having bad side effects from Cymbalta.
Oxy withdrawals look like a piece of cake after going thru this.

I would do a very slow, slow taper off the Lyrica.  I found it took my body at least 3 days to adjust to the taper.  My taper was way too fast and when I stopped completely it was really bad.  The depression on top of it all just about does you in.
If you can up your dose and take it very slow, it should help.  There is no hurry.  
Think I'll up my dose tonight and start over, maybe go up to 250mg from 150mg. Then maybe taper by just 25mg's a week. Thoughts?  

Also should I take it all at 1 time of the day? I've been taking it 7am 2pm and 8pm
I honestly think the slower the better.  Mine was prescribed twice a day.  Maybe you can try that. 125mg at 7am and 125 at 7pm. See how it goes.  We thought the opiate withdrawals were the hard part.  NOT.
It sure makes me afraid to take anything prescribed now.  I knew that opiates were addictive but had not idea that almost every pill you put in your mouth can cause "discontinuation syndrome" as the drug companies call it.  What a joke.  Just because we don't abuse a drug doesn't mean that you won't go thru hell coming off of it.  Let me know how you make out.