if just 1 of you could help me
I'm feeling like I can't hang in there doing this by myself. I'm trying to take myself off Oxycocet and Lyrica. I quit 60mg Cymbalta cold turkey 4-1/2 weeks ago and it was a very tough ride, but I refused to give in. Now I'm trying to get off these other 2 drugs and I feel like I can't cope. Can one of you please help me? I've gone from 600mg Lyrica a day down to 450mg and I'm on 1 oxy 5/325 4 times a day. How can I do this?
You go!! I was the same wy.. My dr. Put me on a 2week taper plan.. I was done in 6 days.. My mind was done.. I didn't want to put not her pill down my throat.. Ow are you feeling? Stay strong!!
I'm like not good right now Missshawn, my office is a 50 mile drive from home, I got half way there and BAM! Panic attacks and my entire suit soaked in sweat (yuck, lol) with my body screaming out for just a small hit of oxy. I turned my vehicle around and headed home. I refuse to take even a 1/4 of a pill knowing that in 3-4 hours I will want another one. It will be 72hrs at 8pm tonight since I took one, I don't want to start over again. I couldn't imagine the mental pain of having to start over again. Right now I'm going through sweats, shakes, chills, panic attacks and diarrhea :( this is where I need your help getting through, please help me.
Thanks Pat, re restless leg info.
If you haven't yet, get the Imodium. It helps with more than the bathroom issues! soak in a hot bath. It will help to relax you. You have come so far. your strength is amazing. Don't forget vitamins, and Gatorade. Hang in there! That amazing attitude if yours will get you thru!
Thanks Jen, thank you so much. I'm going to try and go for a long walk too. Can't believe what I get myself into,  lol.
Wow, I am impressed!   I am sorry the wd hit you so suddenly.   Definitely get some Immodium Multi Symptom.  It binds in your intestinal tract like an opiate but does not cross the blood brain barrier.   It helps with the opiate trots and some of the other wd symptoms.   Keep drinking lots of fluids, hot soaks in tub with epsom salt, eat soup, crackers, bananas, oj, yougurt and get some ensure.  Your body needs the protein and potassium while detoxing.   Just look at it like the flue and you will be feeling better soon!  
Thanks NoLife4Me. I'm a fighter but gee when your down for the count it feels like you've been conquered by a giant. I've decided in my mind to be the giant killer and when you guys comment it adds more fuel to my fire. My mind right now is the biggest battle, lol. Thanks for taking time out for a complete hurting stranger.
LOL!  I completely understand...felt like I had the hounds of he11 on my arse in a dog eat dog world with milk bones as my underwear!    Just relax and let things run their course.  I know it really does bite.  You have the right attitude of embracing it rather than fighting it.   That makes all the difference.   Rest, watch some comedy and move around when you can.   Even if you do one thing then rest, then do another and rest...time will pass quicker.   Gotta get to work...will check back later.   Hugs!
Went for a brisk 20 min walk, so cold out today 18f. I stopped into a drug store and talked to a pharmacist about my situation,  he says by the 1 week point I will be fine as far as the oxy goes, so only 4 more days of this and it does seem to be getting a little bit better. I just took a Gravol pill to calm my anxiety.  I also asked the pharmacist about my Lyrica taper. He says dropping it by 50mg a week is a very slow taper and a wise decision,  shouldn't really notice much at all, that was good news. I can hardly wait to get all this stuff out of my system, but for now it's a day at a time. The pharmacist was surprised I had quit the Cymbalta,  Tramadol and Oxy cold turkey, he looked at me like I was nuts! I told hime when I make my mind up it's full steam ahead. Honestly, think I'll do the full taper on the Lyrica though. Now my mind just wants to help others get off drugs they abuse or no longer need. I'm a big guy at 6'3" 220lbs but it doesn't matter how big you are we all hurt the same. I'm so thankful for all of you helping me through this.
Now I'm really feeling low and depressed, just had a big cry and I feel like I'm losing :(  but I'm not giving into the oxy.......
I'm sorry you are feeling so lousy.   It's all part of the process as your feelings are returning.   That's a good thing!    Try listening to some music or watching some comedy.    You are doing good....hang on!

Did you get rid of all your Oxy?    It will keep calling out to you if you have any around.   You can't take what you don't have, right?    :)    
I remember my first good cry after opiates. I cried and cried and then, I started laughing. I couldn't remember the last time I really cried or felt that deep at all. Like Sarah told me, "Congratulations on feeling again." Those words will live with me forever. As painful as some things feel, they are all part of progress, as long as we stay off the pills. I try not to act on any decision, unless I've thought about it for 3 days. That's probably saved me. Your getting closer by the minute, you got this thing.
Thanks you guys, I won't give in, day 3 at 8pm eastern tonight. I must be able to do this. Yes I still have a few oxy around but I WILL NOT give in. I take my 400mg of Lyrica in 35 minutes and it seems to help with the oxy withdrawals. Your encouragement is really helping here so much. Day 3 over in 2.5 hrs.....
You are one tough cookie! Almost to day 4! Sorry about the emotional day. But like weaver said "congratulations on feeling"! Just remember its part of the process.
After taking the lyrica I did not get the relief from the oxy withdrawal so I took a gravol to calm my mind. I have the worst headache ever but my sweats have stopped and I'm feeling sleepy. Don't forget I'm also weaning off Lyrica too, by 50mg a week.
Yes the lyrica really helps with the oxy withdrawal.  The only thing is, the Lyrica withdrawal is worse than the oxy.  Just wanted to tell people that in case they were thinking of using Lyrica for oxy withdrawal.
Stay on your Lyrica taper.  You are doing great.
Thanks Pat, I can't believe how people are responding to me on here. It really helps so much. Yes indeed I will taper out of the Lyrica.  I don't think my mind or body could handle another cold turkey. 3 is enough all since Dec 6/ 2012. I hope day 4 goes better than today did.
Slept for about 2 hrs, this is very weird but I'm actually feeling pretty good right now. I'm almost starting to feel normal again, lol. I'm sure I'm not out of the woods just yet, I'm only 3 hrs into day 4. What a ride, one I would never wish on anyone.
Well day 4 can be a big turn around day for the oxy withdrawal.  Also the Lyrica is probably helping.  
I wanted to ask you about the Cymbalta.  Did it help with your fibro pain at all and also how bad were the withdrawals?  I am supposed to start taking it at the end of the week and really going back and forth with it.
Hi PorVids, just wondered how your withdrawals are going?  This is the beginning of day 4 for me, I'm actually feeling pretty good right now.  Feels like the real me is finally making an appearance. 11:34pm here, just popped another Gravol to help me relax and hopefully some sleep. It's been crazy up & down so far.
Honestly Pat I don't think that it did anything for me. I wanted off it lobg ago but my doc insisted that I keep taking it. I can assure you that it's as nasty as getting off the Oxy, trust me. I quit it a month ago CT and I thought I would go out of my mind. Not to frighten you as I'm sure it does help many. I was on 60mg a day.
I really hope day 4 is in fact the turnaround day. Thanks Pat °¿°
Yeah that's my prescribed dose.  I think I am not going to take it and then the pain gets bad and I think I am going to take it.  It's so ridiculous but I think I fear the withdrawals more than I fear the pain.  At least that's how I feel right now lol.  Could change tomorrow.

I am so glad you are feeling better.  You have come a long way and it's a great feeling to get off each pill.  It's been a long battle for you.
Stay strong.
I'm feeling the pain now throughout my body but I'll take it. All the pills really freaked me out, but that's just me. The Gravol really seems to take the panic and anxiety away in getting off this Oxy. Long as I don't get hooked on that!!!! Lol
I used to take gravol all the time for sleep and for anxiety until it stopped working after using it for so long.  I don't think I had any withdrawal symptoms lol.
It's true though, we worry about everything now and rightly so.
Just woke up 10am and to be honest I'm not sure what happened,  I actually feel good! No sweats, anxiety not bluesy and my headache is gone. I hope this means l'm at the turnaround point. I don't take my Lyrica for 8 more hours so between now and then who knows what will happen. The good news, I never gave in to the Oxy and today will be flush down the toilet day :)
Ok so I may have jumped the gun just a little here. I'm not in as good a mind as I was 2 hours ago but better than I have been. I just went for a 20 minute walk and the sweat was pouring out of me. It's right around the freezing mark out there and the cool air seems to help. This is day 4 so tomorrow has to be better, at least I hope so.
It sounds like you are doing great. As it starts to lessen the symptoms seem to come in waves. Your good times will get longer, and your waves of icky will not be as intense! You continue to be an inspiration. Hang in there.
Hang in there!!! I am on Day 7 and I was feeling the same way you are on day 4. I had waves of feeling great, then time of feeling very bad and very depressed.  As of today the physical is all gone and now I have short stints of anxiety, depression and cravings throughout the day but nothing like Day 4.

Time to dig deep today.  I had to keep telling myself, one hour more and I am closer to feeling better.  You can do this, I know it!!!!
Thanks you guys, I really must say that your encouragement has helped me get through this mess. I kept busy after my walk to keep my mind off me. No crys today (yet, lol) and I'm not as down and depressed as the last few days. My Lyrica hit is at 6 but I may even see if I can push it to 9 as it helps me sleep. I never took any Gravol pills today so that means my anxiety is letting up some although it dose seem to come in waves but much smaller ones. I go to my doctors tomorrow to let her know what all I've quit, she's going to be surprised.she was never big on me going on any of these drugs the specialist put me on. At one time I was a very fit guy who pumped iron 3 days a week and now I'm a drug head but recovering! By summer I'll be back in shape, once I put my mind to the gym I'm a runaway train. You people have no idea how much you have helped and continue to help me on here. I'm so appreciative. I'll need to buy you all dinner out, where does everyone live? I'm in Southern Ontario.
Crazy, but I just had a massive breakdown and cried like a baby. Now I feel depressed and Blue again. I just took my 400mg's of Lyrica and a Gravol. Will this ever end??????? Day 5 starts at 8:00pm
Crying is good. It's healing. I cried today and it felt great.
It has to end. U r at the turning point u can go back to misery or breakthrough to the other side of freedom. Come on if I am doing it u can too!
I'm going to the other side, no way I'm going to give in now. I feel good again tonight.
Just started day 6 about 4 hrs ago, not perfect yet but by day 8-9 I should be oxy free and no withdrawal symptoms.  Now I'm on a mission to kick out the Lyrica!
Wow, you are doing so well.  Just remember to go slow with the Lyrica taper.  It can be brutal but is doable with a slow taper.  I think the smallest dose they come in is 75mg.  I could be wrong though and you can't break them open.  
I am in Southern Ontario as well.  It seems like the doctors have really been pushing Lyrica here lately.  They are trying to get everyone off of the Oxy's which is a great idea but they are going to have to do some research on how bad the Lyrica withdrawals are.  My doctor said I wouldn't have any.  What a joke.
I don't post on this forum too often as I was dependent versus addicted, but it was here that I got help coming off an enormous amount of narcotics and other drugs when I was in pain management and they were not helpful when I wanted to try to come off.  

I don't know if you've written any other posts and I'm unsure whether you're addicted or dependent.  I agree with others who say one drug at a time.  I had a miserable taper because I was way too anxious to get off and made myself very ill.

I was diagnosed with fibro 13 years ago.  They tried me on Lyrica but I'm sensitive to a lot of meds and I gained 16 pounds in 2 weeks so I went off it.  In hindsight, I'm blessed.  I CT off Cymbalta.  I had an adverse reaction to it and it didn't help my pain.  And unfortunately, it spiraled me into a very black depression.  Coming off it wasn't that easy and I now know I should have tapered.

I know how difficult fibro can be.  (I wasn't on narcotics and Cymbalta for my fibro; I was on it from joint replacement gone bad that resulted in RSD.)  I never abused or misused my meds but had the physical withdrawals just like everyone else.

In the 13 years I've had the fibro, I have found it's a bit of searching to find what works for you.  My fibro primarily affects my arms and legs.  Even though it seemed impossible, I decided to try to exercise.  I started with swimming (and initially all I could do was one length.)  I then moved on to an exercise bike, the elliptical machine and some light weights.  I also was careful with what I ate.  I found that worked better for me than anything the doctors had prescribed or anything I had researched.  (I tried some pretty wacky things in the beginning.)

Good sleep is essential with fibro.  I do get flare-ups and some have been significant.  I had a bad car accident and was fine, except it caused a 6-month flare-up that I couldn't break for the longest time.

Fish oil or krill oil is supposed to be helpful.  I don't overdo it on the supplements but I do take a vitamin, fish oil and try to be kind to myself.  (Not easy with 4 kids and and 84-year old dad depending on me.)

Take your time with the Lyrica.  Sounds like you're almost out of the woods with the oxy.  Are you using anything from the Thomas recipe?  I found that the Imodium helped so much with withdrawal, way more than with just the stomach issues.  Alteril is also a great all-natural aid for sleep.

Pat, I can't tell you how many doctors told me I'd never have withdrawals because I had "real pain."  And the truth is, I never got a high or a euphoiria with it.  Sometimes I'd be tired and my memory went to hell or I had side effects but nothing enjoyable.  What a surprise the first time I went into withdrawals!

Just wanted to encourage you.  I know when you have chronic pain it can be very difficult. I have some very bad days.  There is also a pain management forum here that you may benefit from.  It's not as active as this one and it's not the forum it used to be when I first joined, but there are often some great ideas.  And I think there's also a Fibromyalgia forum here as well.
The lyrica also comes in 50's and 25's, I've been dropping by 50mg a week and I've gone from 600mg down to 400mg so far. I saw my doc yesterday and told her I had quit everything, and now tapering off the Lyrica she was somewhat shocked. She had originally put me on the Cymbalta but the Lyrica, Oxy and Tramadol was from the specialist. I guess I've really put my body through a lot since Dec 6th, the day I started quitting all this. My doctor was actually very good with me and has me coming to see her once every week now until the end of Feb. I'm still having some anxiety and with that comes sweating and sometimes crying spells, diarrhea and very little sleep. Have not been into work all week but I did get a doctors note for that. The Cymbalta and Tramadol must be out of my system by now, Dec 6th since I quit Cymbalta and 17th on the Tramadol. This isday 6 for the Oxy, gee I must be getting close to the end now? Do you think the 50mg a week taper is too fast or I could do 25mg a week. Just want my life back.
I meant 50mg a week on the Lyrica or should I look at 25mg a week taper?
Wow, now I am really mad at my doctor for making me suffer like that.  I had no idea that Lyrica came in smaller doses than 75mg.  Grrrrrr.
I would give yourself a break for a week and not try to drop anymore than what you have already because of your oxy withdrawal.  See how you feel next week and then decide.  
It would take me a good 3 days to adjust to it when I was tapering.
I really believe that slow and steady is the best way to go with Lyrica.
You are doing fantastic.  
Gee Pat, sorry you didn't know that,  your doctor should have informed you. So how did you taper off the Lyrica? Like at what rate and dosage drop? I feel like I'm fighting a loosing battle now with things, I'm depressed and full of anxiety, still crying at times. Help
I'm actually feeling kind of desperate. Tonight at 9pm starts day 7 for me and I still do not want to give into the Oxy.
Oh don't give up now. You've come so far and the worst is just about over! Maybe slow your lyrics taper, and let your brain catch up! You will turn that corner. It will get better a little every day. You are super strong! Hang in there!I
Thanks Jen, I took my 400mg Lyrica at 6 and I haven't eaten a lot so I can really feel it hitting me. The Lyrica does ease up the anxiety a lot. I will never ever quit CT anything, my body is completely beaten now. My God how long does this Oxy take to finally release me free? I could really use some encouragement,  lol. What a demon to fight.......
I'm back! Finally got my Internet back up. Day 12 today and all the oxycodone withdrawal symptoms are gone :) Now I'm on the final drug to quit.....Lyrica. I've tapered from 600mg a day to 200mg, no sleep for 5 nights now. In 4 weeks I'll be finished the Lyrica.  How can I sleep? Tried Gravol, Benadryl,Nyquil and nothing lets me sleep. Help....  
Nothing really seems to be the perfect thing to help with sleep except time.  It does come back eventually.  You are coming off a lot of meds that have the insomnia withdrawal symptom.
You could try melatonin or alteril.  It really helps some people.
I could never find anything that worked for more than a day or 2.
I just spoke with my pharmacist and she suggest I get my doc to prescribe me some imovane for sleep while tapering off the Lyrica.
It's been a month since I quit my oxy cold turkey, took a good two weeks for it to let go. I really appreciate all of you helping me through this. I'm still having a battle with tapering off the Lyrica. It is absolutely insane coming off Lyrica.since Dec 14th till now I've tapered from 600mg to 150mg. I jumped it an extra 100mg lower last week and it's been hell, major anxiety,  out of control crying, headaches,  panic, can't eat, can't focus can't go to work and I feel like I'm losing my mind. I was able to get some sleeping pills so I take them at night to get some sleep. 4 days at 150mg now. I'm either going to quit it cold turkey as I'm suffering anyways or bump it back up a bit. I see my doc tomorrow,  might just ask to be admitted into the hospital as I'm so beat up. Any ideas?
Lyrica withdrawal is brutal.  I am still going through hell from either that, Effexor or having bad side effects from Cymbalta.
Oxy withdrawals look like a piece of cake after going thru this.

I would do a very slow, slow taper off the Lyrica.  I found it took my body at least 3 days to adjust to the taper.  My taper was way too fast and when I stopped completely it was really bad.  The depression on top of it all just about does you in.
If you can up your dose and take it very slow, it should help.  There is no hurry.  
Think I'll up my dose tonight and start over, maybe go up to 250mg from 150mg. Then maybe taper by just 25mg's a week. Thoughts?  

Also should I take it all at 1 time of the day? I've been taking it 7am 2pm and 8pm
I honestly think the slower the better.  Mine was prescribed twice a day.  Maybe you can try that. 125mg at 7am and 125 at 7pm. See how it goes.  We thought the opiate withdrawals were the hard part.  NOT.
It sure makes me afraid to take anything prescribed now.  I knew that opiates were addictive but had not idea that almost every pill you put in your mouth can cause "discontinuation syndrome" as the drug companies call it.  What a joke.  Just because we don't abuse a drug doesn't mean that you won't go thru hell coming off of it.  Let me know how you make out.