in patient detox?
I am trying to quit tramadol, been taking it for 4 years, 20 pills a day.I ran out last week and made it 2 days before i went to the ER,I could not take it anymore. The doctor told me i should probably do an inpatient detox at a place in my town. I was just wondering what this entails and what it is like. I have no clue.  Thanks
Hi & Welcome,

Every place is different so your best bet is to call them directly and inquire about their program. Write all of your questions down so you remember what it is you want to know. Best of luck and I hope it all works for you and you get clean. Life is good!!
Can untapped dose down to zero with drs help and letting him know your goals. It works for some, did for me, wont for some.  I was tired of the control. So if u want to quit, talk to prescribing dr, tell him u want off, it's a good start . My opinion -Lynn
It all depends on the type of facility you go to! Some want you to stop c/t (which I DONT advise with trams) and some will taper you down. All of them though give you support and counseling that you will need to get through the recovery part after you detox. Like IBK said you should call different places and see what they offer and how they can help you!
thanks for the replies.There is only one place in mytown,i called and they offer a 4 day inpatient detox on suboxone sp?  Can Anyone   tell me about that? i dont think i shouldgo coldturkey though. I was taking 20 a day. Thanks alot .