insomnia
how long before the sleepless nites dissapear. i DO NOT want to take anything to help me sleep. i dont want to be dependent on another drug.   thanks  
Cancel
6 Answers
Page 1 of 1
2333944 tn?1342915967
I didn't sleep at all for two nights straight and sporadically for a few days after that.   Even now, over 70 days in, I sometimes can't sleep but I don't know if it is related to withdrawal.   I also don't take anything when I can't sleep.

Anyway, I don't know that it is anything set in stone.   It is probably different for different folks.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
2107198 tn?1336139706
It took me about one month for my sleep to get back to normal.  I also just refused to take anything, even NyQuil, etc.  I think it is worth it to hold out if you can.  What I have also been surprised about is how much more I dream now.....the narcs really mess our brains up, it takes time.  Good luck, your doing great.

Bryan
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
thank you bryan i appreciate the input.  on day 6 today and it IS better. thanks  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
thank you mary. i appreciate the input  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
3129624 tn?1366033508
I am on day 7 and last night I finally slept for 6 hours, not continuously, but all together. I have been taking Melatonin, I refuse to take anything prescription again unless they tell me I am going to die if I don't. Congrats on day 6!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I believe that a body cannot be healthy physically OR mentally if you don't get sleep.  A person in top physical condition will deteriorate after a couple days without sleeping.  And a body certainly cannot heal if you are constantly exhausted.  In my opinion you should absolutely find something natural to help you sleep.  Herbal Tea?  Melatonin? Even a non-addictive OTC should help....you gotta get rest.  Good luck!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Addiction: Substance Abuse Community Resources