Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
insomnia

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

insomnia

how long before the sleepless nites dissapear. i DO NOT want to take anything to help me sleep. i dont want to be dependent on another drug.   thanks  
I didn't sleep at all for two nights straight and sporadically for a few days after that.   Even now, over 70 days in, I sometimes can't sleep but I don't know if it is related to withdrawal.   I also don't take anything when I can't sleep.

Anyway, I don't know that it is anything set in stone.   It is probably different for different folks.
It took me about one month for my sleep to get back to normal.  I also just refused to take anything, even NyQuil, etc.  I think it is worth it to hold out if you can.  What I have also been surprised about is how much more I dream now.....the narcs really mess our brains up, it takes time.  Good luck, your doing great.

Bryan
Avatar n tn
thank you bryan i appreciate the input.  on day 6 today and it IS better. thanks  
Avatar n tn
thank you mary. i appreciate the input  
I am on day 7 and last night I finally slept for 6 hours, not continuously, but all together. I have been taking Melatonin, I refuse to take anything prescription again unless they tell me I am going to die if I don't. Congrats on day 6!
I believe that a body cannot be healthy physically OR mentally if you don't get sleep.  A person in top physical condition will deteriorate after a couple days without sleeping.  And a body certainly cannot heal if you are constantly exhausted.  In my opinion you should absolutely find something natural to help you sleep.  Herbal Tea?  Melatonin? Even a non-addictive OTC should help....you gotta get rest.  Good luck!