Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
is it ok to take a muscle relaxer while on methadone?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

i pulled some muscles in my back while helping a friend move. I found some rx muscle relaxers (methocarmamol 750mg) that were prescribed to me less then a year ago. i am currently taking 80mgs of methadone daily, does anyone know if its safe to mix the two? ive tried the usual otc pain meds (tylenol,asprin,ibuprophen, and exedrine) and obviously after taking average of 120-400mgs oxy a day for over two years and now being on methadone, my pain threshold is a little impaired. so i need something to be able to move. thank you
that is something you would have to ask your doctor or pharmacists
I agree with avis......get ahold of your doctor or pharmacist.  Better safe than sorry.