Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
is oxy more addictive than norco?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

is oxy more addictive than norco?

Do people get hooked on relafen? Which is harder to get off of oxy5 or norco5? my dr. just switched me to oxy and I feel unsure about getting more hooked then I am. I am tapering off the norco,but if I rum out before I feel good I will have to take the oxy. I have been taking 3 to 5 a day for many years. I have about 20 norcos left. thank you for any help Nance
Sorry I don't know anything about Relafen or Norco. You should probably post this on the other side "Substance Abuse Addiction Forum".  You will probably get lots of answers there.
It's on this page right above POST A QUESTION.  
Ok I will. Thanks for the tip. Nance
relafen is an antianflammatory and not addictive.....oxy is considered stronger than hydro...but not necessarily making it a drug of choice in comparison
you should post on pain mgt. this for for addicts who want to stop or stay clean. Oxy is stronger
I am a addict who wants to stop and stay clean,but I also have real pain that I want to deal without being hooked on drugs that cause cravings.
It really depends on the person and how they react to the different drugs.  They both are opiates, so both can be very addictive for an addict.  I was taking perc 5s for a while, then the Dr. switched me to Oxy 15s (Roxy's) and man, my addiction really started taking off then.  My tolerance shot through the roof and so did my "pill drive", as I recently heard it called.  Be careful with it, because if you are an addict, switching from one pill to another may not be the best idea.  Try to use the Norco you have left to taper down and then be done with it.  There is no getting away from the uncomforableness of withdrawls.  All of us who use have to pay the piper eventually.  It might be better to get it over and done with rather than prolonging the inevitable.  That's just my opinion and what worked for me.

Good luck and keep posting...we will all support you through this.
In my experience both are very addictive, but I have an addictive personality. The oxy is stronger and more dangerous to be addicted to than the norco. But to stop both would be great. Why did the Dr Switch you to something stronger if you are trying to wean off?
Tinker, I feel your problem. It;s tough be be in pain and  have an addiction. There are no easy answers and I don't think some one who has a lot of pain needs to suffer without narcotics all the time. These are no pat answers or one size fits all statements and it' s a individule decision and a medical one. all the best
Thank you all so much for responding,I sit hear and cry as I read the caring I find here. I do not trust Drs. and do not tell them anything I dont have to. She switched to oxy because I have hep.c. I did not tell her I want off. I decided to try because I am afraid of the oxy and she wont give me the norco. I am very tired of the GAME..Iam taking the relafen as I sit here sweating and wanting something else, its funny because it dose help with the pain, I would never take anything without a high so I am schooked it dose some good. thanks again .Nance