is soap and tonic water the cure for withdrawal rls?
i've read all over the place people with rls use these 2 home remedies, anyone here have any expirience with them? Does it really help? I start my c/t withdrawal from norco tomorrow, taking my last pill tonight. I've done this before so I remember how bad the restless legs get. already got the epsom salt for the hot baths and the bananas and mineral supplements, they've helped a little in the past (the baths work the most) but do these work too? Thanks
-Holly

there is no cure for rls, only a bit of comfort. Tonic water may help because it contains quinine. The soap did help me but the reason it helps is because it helps to apply pressure to the calves and that is where the rls is most noticeable, at least it was for me.

What I also found helpful was wrapping heating pads around my calves and laying back in a lounge chair. As soon as I laid flat it began.

Hot baths will help to relax the muscles as well and if you can exercise, even a short walk, do it.
I agree with IBK.  I think it gets really bad when you get flat!!!  I always thought I was crazy, but it looks like it happened to IBK too.  I found that baths help as well as the quinine.  Heating pads or an electric blanket is good.  Pressure of some kind seemed to help when I had it in my arms.  That was the worst place for me.  It nearly drove me nuts!  

Try the mag/cal/zinc supplement and Hyland's Restful Legs.  That helps lots of people.

Good luck! : )
i'm trying those things, have used the supplement before. I know there's no cure, just wanted to see if these things helped people. I do the heating pads and spend most of my time out of the tub in a recliner, i know what you mean about the laying flat thing! I have sleep apnea and have to use a c-pap when I sleep, so I lay in the recliner or tub til I feel I can fall asleep then grab my heating pad and get in bed with pillows under both legs and cross my arms (i hate it in the arms too!), sometimes I fall asleep for a bit, sometimes as soon as I lay down the creepy crawlies come right back. just wanted some opinions on this. Anything that helps!
How many norco are you C T ing?  And how long have you been on them?
I couldnt lay flat either.  My dog used to lay on my legs and that helped.  I also got up and moved around as much as i could.

Keep us updated on how you are doing.       sara

Nothing helps, it's all a distraction. I tell ya hun, not to be preachy, but because people kept giving me miracle cure ideas. I hate false hope. My advice not that it's worth anything (-= Is just pick up some diphenhydramine otc and settle in for a rough night. Good Luck.
Be careful with the diphenhydramine folks, it does increase the rls on some people, and it totally makes it worse with me.  Just a heads up just incase you try it (dyphenhyramine is bendaryl) and your rls is worse that particular night:)  Joy