Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
is weed really bad for you or do people over react?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

people say weed is really bad for you to smoke.. yet they say its better than ciggs ?
how is it really bad for you and looked down on so much yet its less harmful than smoking tabacoo & its not addicting..
oh and whats worst smoking weed or drinking alcohol?
Are you currently pregnant while smoking?  If not we can redirect your post as it was posted in our pregnancy forum.
Well, one thing that is worse about marijuana than cigarettes is that you can be thrown into prison a lot longer for smoking it.  Please keep in mind that it is a controlled substance.  At 15, you really shouldn't be smoking cigs or drinking alcohol, but if you include the risks of being arrested when weighing all the perils of the three, marijuana has a noticeably longer-term effect.
Anything that alters your mind should not be taken while pregnant, period. That is my personal opinion.
I think it really depends on who you talk to. I personally find it all to be bad be it smoking, drinking, or drugs---natural or not. Many people try to make the claim that because it's naturally grown it's ok, but Hemlock is naturally grown and can kill you if ingested. If you're pregnant, you shouldn't do any of it period. Regardless of how much YOU might like it, that baby has no choice.
I didn't think the o.p. was pregnant.
What does o.p mean ?
Oh, that's the acronym for 'original poster.'  Her other post was asking if she had any risk of pregnancy with a condom mishap, but her (full) period had come after the incident, so it didn't sound like she was pregnant.
actually marijuana has alot of healing properties. for example if you have cronic (chronic) migraines or cancer some doctors will actually give you a script. for it or give it to you in a pill form called maritol. Although if you dont have a doctors order it is illegal to have (unless you are in a state where they have legal versions.)drinking on the other hand causes liver damage along with other health issues and if you have a history of depression can make it worsen.
If used for medical reasons ONLY, then not it's not bad.
If you use it to get high and do it illegaly just to do it, then in my opinion your being stupid, and yes it is bad.

Unless used during pregnancy, never use ANY drug (alcohol, cigarettes, etc.) while pregnant
I know people say that weed isnt addicting because it does not have physical withdrawal symptoms....  you can make that argument all you want but weed is addicting.. it is psychologically addictive....   I know a couple people who cant function in their daily lives without smoking weed and some people who truly believe they cant stomach food without it...  if thats not addicting, then I dont know what it is.. weed also has been shown to be a downer in the crash phase so it could also make your depression worst and has been shown to increase paranoia.  Plus when you look at some of the things people do for weed they are right up there with other addictions.. such as borrowing money from friends and family to get supplies and for example, not having the money to pay your rent but still be able to afford weed.....  Addiction is not about the physical aspects of a drug now.

yes alcohol and tobacco are legal but none of these options are good for you.... especially if you are pregnant.
I agree w/ PetiteWonder as well.  There is an addiction for everything under the sun these days.  People get addicted to washing their hands.  People get addicted to hoarding things.  The list could go on to things I simply don't understand.  Anything is or can be addicting.  Marijuana certainly falls under that category.  And smoking is smoking.  If you inhale smoke of any kind, it can cause cancer.  It doesn't have to be from cigarettes.

I could go on and on.  Unless it is for medical purposes, it shouldn't be used IMO.
I believe this post was made to get a rise out of the members and to start a debate.

If not, then any chemical that would be harmful to you before you got pg is going to be harmful to you while you're pg.  I think marijuana should only be used for medical reasons, not for fun.
, well im not pregnaunt (pregnant) , not that i know of & if i were i wouldnt think of smoking .. but i wasnt asking for me and my beniftits , i dont smoke at all .. cigaretts or weed. My bestfriend made new friends and i dont like what shes doing and i just wanted to know if it was really bad for her
im not pregnaunt (pregnant) . or smoking , its just a question . sorry i dont know how to work this site to well / you can redirect it
i may be 15 , but im not stupid . especially not stupid enough to smoke or smoke if i were pregnaunt (pregnant) .. if i was pg
sorry guys this question wasnt ment to be posted in this catagory, im new to the site and didnt know
Babies can be born missing hands or feet as a result of smoking pot.
Smoking whatever causes low birthweight.  It stunts development of the baby.  If you want to put things into your body that are harmful, at least don't do it while you are pregnant.  Why take any risks anyway???  Even if you have a healthy baby, legal troubles can follow you.  you could even possibly loose your child.  
If your only 15, I wouldnt associate with anyone that does any kind of drugs. be it my best friend or my sister. Remember.. "If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it must be a duck." People will assume your doing it because your affiliated with those kind of people. No offense, but at 15 being called a "pot head" is not the kind of reputation I'd want to have because someone I hang out with is. Your young and the reputation you get now is going to stick with you for years to come.
You said it yourself, ""its less harmful than smoking tabacoo & its not addicting""  but you didn't say it was not harmful at all,  just less.     Why cause yourself any harm.  
If it's not addicting then stop using it cold-turkey.     Don't ever inhale another puff ever again.   If you think you can't see that happening then it IS addicting.    A drug is a drug is a drug whether it be nicotine or weed.  
Regarding pot, the people I know who smoke it a lot seem kind of dumber or slower on the uptake than other people.  The stereotype of the slacker stoner isn't just made up out of thin air for laughs in the movies, it comes from how people really act when they're smoking a lot of weed.  People who drink too much (hardened alcoholics) look like they're falling apart, prescription drug abusers are all twitchy, and marijuana smokers are doing that, "Hey, man, whasssss up" thing to the point of looking like they're not all there, and I don't know anyone who uses a lot of it and has gotten really successful in life.  I have to assume they don't all want to be that way, in other words, it has to be somewhat addictive or at least the life of not trying very hard seems addictive.  The real marijuana users never seem to quit.  Want to be like that all your life?