Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
jbow

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

jbow

I posted to you under the post made by bluespence. You probably missed it because it's so far down now. I am always interested in anyone using fentanyl patches because there aren't that many. I have one more taper and then I will finally be off of them.
I'm a little confused because you said you were on/or had been on a 5mg fentanyl patch. To my knowledge they don't come in 5mgs. They don't even come in mgs. I started out on the 100mcg/hr and then tapered down to the 50mcg and then to 2 12mcg. That's where I'm at now.
If you have any new info that has the drug companies are making please let me know. There are a couple people here who  were on the patches at one time, but they're off now except for one very nice lady whose name I can't remember. manonfire wears a 25mcg but he needs it for pain and he went through w/d for the fentanyl lollipops.
Hugs.....LS
Thanks so much for explaining that to me. I thought I had lost what little bit I have of my mind left. How are you?? The last time I "talked" to you, you had a bad night. That was a few weeks ago. I hope things are going well with your g/f, too. Life isn't always easy, huh??

You take care. I wish you the best....LS
im assuming there is just a little misunderstanding.A 50mcg/ph patch has 5mgs of fentanyl total.So for some1 saying they r on a 5mg patch i assume that is what they meant.100mcg/ph=10mg,50mcg/ph=5mg,25mcg/ph=2.5mgs,etc.....  
neways i hope yr doin well.
regards J
good morning lady, how are you? i haven't seen you online and wanted to say hi. i went to my dr last week and have stepped down from a 75mcg  to a 50mcg patch. i am hoping all goes well with me since i know that you have had withdrawl (withdrawal) problems. we shall see, huh? anyway, i am hoping this finds you feeling alot better with it all, and keep strong girl, you will done soon and free of it all. one day i too will be off of it as well, and able to manage my pain in other ways i hope. as i said before, i do not or have ever abused my pain meds, and as of yet have had no problems with withdrawls and hope not to after reading so many of these ppl's horror stories.  just stay stong ppl, and you will do ok. love...........cin
I'm always happy to hear from you. I know the patches are not fun. I didn't have much of a w/d going from 75mcg's to 50 and I hope you don't either. I don't have any pain so when I'm done it's over. You have it much harder than I do because you probably have to find something to take for pain that won't be so hard on you. I will keep you in my prayers. I wish I could give you my email but right now I can't because I can't let a person here see it. If you know anyone that has it they will give it to you.

How are you feeling in general?? I have had some problems with depression but the sunny days help. I also had my antidepressant increased. Gee I hate to leave now that I have found you again. lol   Guess I better though.
Hugs.....LS