Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
jenny8575309's "I am your disease"

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

jenny8575309's "I am your disease"

I just read the post by Jenny - "I am your disease".

http://www.medhelp.org/user_journals/show/1656

Brilliant insight from an addicts perspective.

Should be required reading for anyone that knows or is in a relationship with an addict.

Not too sure addicts should read it, it's such a powerful work, it's scary.

Very well written, sent chills down my spine, thank you for your contribution Jenny.

I am so grateful to NOT be an addict, and I have a new found empathy for anyone fighting this demon.

You should all know that this Bast***d called "your disease" is NOT your friend. I wish all of you the strength to at least push him to the sidelines while you struggle to regain your life.

Those of us that have stuck with you will not wait forever. I have waited for years, and I still have hope, but every year brings less and less optimism.

Please let this new year be the one where you make up your mind to save the relationships you have left. God, I know it's tough, but if there is anyone left in your life, fight to keep them. It's hard to go through this with help, it's more difficult to do it alone.

I have seen the family and the friends give up one after another. I have been on the brink of giving up many times.

This website is awesome - may all of you find strength and kinship here. You need each other, and we,the non-addicts in relationships with you, need your help too.

Know that you ARE helping me....

As I learn more, I hope I can repay you...
If you only help just one person kick this demon. Wouldn't you say it was worth it? You are being very wise to try to understand what is going on inside the head of an addict. Are you involved in a relationship with someone addicted?
God bless you for caring. So many non users don't even bother.
i am sorry. As soon as I posted I remembered it was your wife. Day 5 or 6 now isn't it? I still think it is wonderful of you supporting her. How is she doing?
Please understand the it is not just the addict going through this. If you are having problems getting this person in your life to kick the habit, you should keep in mind that you can not save a person, you can only offer yourself as a guide to the fearful. Until this person becomes fearful and hits bottom, you probably have no chance of helping them.

Your mental health is at stake also.There may come a time in your relationship where you have to make the decision to move on with your life and be happy vs. staying in a relationship that makes you miserable everyday. I wish you the best of luck in your struggle and please understand that we are all here to help you also even if you are not the one with the addiction. We care about you and we will be here for you.
Yes it's my wife and today is day 6.

I know that this is MY problem too, but after years of supporting her, I have only recently realized this. I talked to a counsler, a specialist on Friday, and I'm going to a group meeting on Wed. (Relatives of addicts). I need help too and I'm finally getting some.
Jenny can be really deep, I love her for it that & her never judgeing freindship.
Addiction dosn't just affect the addict, It affect's all around & care for them. You are doing a wonderful think. I have had so many throw the towel in with me. But now it's up to me to re build those bridge's
When non addict's post i think it help's us stop been selfidh as adict's are & sometime's have to be the most selfish people i no.
It's so nice to see post's like your's it remind's me of my family, My dad i have lost, My mu i'm losing so that leaves  my brother & after 4 year's we noe speak. But my main family my kids & man have been there all the way, My fella is also a user trying to get clean, It is hard but every day we get stonger. This place is sent from god to me. I found it by accident & haven't looked back since lol.
Peace nat xxx
I got to say that someone is very lucky to have you on their side. I have a great wife and even though she has been put through a lot she is still there...we need people that don't give up easily I guess