Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
joint and body aches early in recovery
About This Community:

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

joint and body aches early in recovery

Has anyone experienced joint and body aches after the first month sober?
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
306867_tn?1299253309
Are you clean from alcohol ?  I don't know much about alcohol, I am a.....was...a pill popper. Sorry don't know anything about it. Some one else here should know more.
Blank
199177_tn?1332183097
When i detoxed from pills it was at least three weeks that i had a lot of body aches ..... it was longest physical symptom i had...
Blank
that's why i take the dang things...lol

i have some sort of atypical spondyarthropathy. my rhuemy thought its AS but it isnt or at least isnt typical - hopefully its not named after me.  i have the entire constellation of problems:
----sclerosis of sacroiliac
----costocondritis
----stiff neck and shoulders
----iritis

Blank
326806_tn?1194564926
I'm not sure but I think I was drunk for so many years that my age caught up with me without me knowing it!  I drank around a 1/2 of a fifth a day after my Mom passed away for close to 4 years.  I was functional working full time, taking care of my children, husband and dogs but I was numb from 4 to bedtime everyday.  The stopping was really easy because I was really sick of being drunk all the time.  However this pain in the evenings occur at the same time I would be drinking.  I started taking non aspiron pain relievers yesterday and it helped!   I've never heard of anyone having joint and body aches after becoming sober so I thought I'd through the question out there.  Thanks for the comments!  Take Care...
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Addiction: Substance Abuse Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...