Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
joint and body aches early in recovery

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

joint and body aches early in recovery

Has anyone experienced joint and body aches after the first month sober?
Are you clean from alcohol ?  I don't know much about alcohol, I am a.....was...a pill popper. Sorry don't know anything about it. Some one else here should know more.
When i detoxed from pills it was at least three weeks that i had a lot of body aches ..... it was longest physical symptom i had...
that's why i take the dang things...lol

i have some sort of atypical spondyarthropathy. my rhuemy thought its AS but it isnt or at least isnt typical - hopefully its not named after me.  i have the entire constellation of problems:
----sclerosis of sacroiliac
----costocondritis
----stiff neck and shoulders
----iritis

I'm not sure but I think I was drunk for so many years that my age caught up with me without me knowing it!  I drank around a 1/2 of a fifth a day after my Mom passed away for close to 4 years.  I was functional working full time, taking care of my children, husband and dogs but I was numb from 4 to bedtime everyday.  The stopping was really easy because I was really sick of being drunk all the time.  However this pain in the evenings occur at the same time I would be drinking.  I started taking non aspiron pain relievers yesterday and it helped!   I've never heard of anyone having joint and body aches after becoming sober so I thought I'd through the question out there.  Thanks for the comments!  Take Care...