joint and body aches early in recovery
Has anyone experienced joint and body aches after the first month sober?
Are you clean from alcohol ?  I don't know much about alcohol, I am a.....was...a pill popper. Sorry don't know anything about it. Some one else here should know more.
When i detoxed from pills it was at least three weeks that i had a lot of body aches ..... it was longest physical symptom i had...
that's why i take the dang things...lol

i have some sort of atypical spondyarthropathy. my rhuemy thought its AS but it isnt or at least isnt typical - hopefully its not named after me.  i have the entire constellation of problems:
----sclerosis of sacroiliac
----costocondritis
----stiff neck and shoulders
----iritis

I'm not sure but I think I was drunk for so many years that my age caught up with me without me knowing it!  I drank around a 1/2 of a fifth a day after my Mom passed away for close to 4 years.  I was functional working full time, taking care of my children, husband and dogs but I was numb from 4 to bedtime everyday.  The stopping was really easy because I was really sick of being drunk all the time.  However this pain in the evenings occur at the same time I would be drinking.  I started taking non aspiron pain relievers yesterday and it helped!   I've never heard of anyone having joint and body aches after becoming sober so I thought I'd through the question out there.  Thanks for the comments!  Take Care...