Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
kratom?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

kratom?

I know at this point it probably sounds like I'm looking for an easy out, or miracle cure. I'm very much well aware that such a thing doesn't exist. But I just need something to help. Anyone have any experience with kratom for w/d's or as a tapering aide?
If I cud just get thru it I wud. I so wud. I don't know if its cause of how much I take, the different ways in which I abuse it, or if I'm just I big wimp when it comes to w/d but it just floirs me everytime I try. I cannot b still for more than 5 seconds and It hurts so bad to even stand up that I fall over.
so please, I know there is going to be much discomfort but just looking for nyone who has ny experience with it. Please. Thank you
I don't have experience with it personally so I can only tell you what I read on here and it was not helpful from what people said. It is also addicting and illegal in the US.

I truly believe you need to get into a treatment program for your mind and your body. You are spinning your wheels trying to figure out how to get through this and it isn't working. I hope you consider it.
And in case you didn't read it, here is what I wrote on your Suboxone post:

My heart breaks for you. I have followed you from the beginning and there is one constant with you and that is that you continually come up with plans to stop using and each of them fails. You re not getting the fact that your best thinking got you where you are right now. You stink at getting clean and if you think that is hard wait until you try to STAY clean.

I say all of this to you because I did the same thing you are doing over and over and over again and each time I failed. It wasn't until I got humble and actually took the advise of the people who had gone before me that I was able to get clean. And today they help keep me clean.

I truly hope you hit the bottom that wakes you up before this shyt kills you.
I agree, 100% with IBK.

If the w/d's are stalling you from getting clean, then go the sub route, where at least you'll be part of a structured holistic program that includes therapy and plans for aftercare.  Sub will allow you to get some clean time under your belt and build your confidence a bit too.

I too, think that your BEST bet would be an inpatient rehab, for at least 90 days, if you can swing it.

You're right, none of it is a cure or a quick fix.  Bottom line is, no matter WHAT you choose, YOU have to do the work to change your thinking.  Whatever you do, don't do nothing.
When you are really serious about getting clean and are willing to do whatever it takes to get there then this insanity will stop.  Doing it your way isnt working.  I too hope you figure this out before these drugs end your life.  There isnt a one of us that are exempt from that.
I have a friend from Thailand and I asked her a few monthes ago about kratom she said it was VERY addicting and to stay far away from it. Just thought I would pass that along.
The fear of wds a lot of us find is worse then then actual, best of luck to you .
You need to stop fighting, and succumb to what you know is waiting for you.  Tough?  F yeah.  But SO worth it.  So so worth it............ stop putting off the inevitable and get going already!
Kratom does actually work. The main complaint that I would have is that the stuff is not regulated. There is no FDA in SouthEast Asia and the philosophy is "buyer beware". I am aware of at least one individual that experienced multiple organ failure from an herbicide/pesticide that was on the leaf. I ran into the stuff in the 60's during the Vietnam War. Be safe.
Trying to get off of one drug by taking another addictive drug.  That's usually not a good idea.  I mean, where does it end?
  As they say in the program " We thought we could find an easier and softer way;but We Could Not".  That was most certainly me!! I think you have a pretty good idea what you need to do. If you need a medically supervised detox (and its available to you ), then by all means do so. Anyways its a decision only you can make!! I wish you the best of luck........kk