l-Tyrosine
Has anybody out there in Drug addiction Recovery Land found that L-Tyrosine makes them hyper?

Just wondering as I am at 33 days CLEAN off of an 8-10 Norco habit a day x's 3 years and wanted to know if L-Tyrosine has any effect on there (hyper) mood  ANXIETY LEVEL.????  I most definately am cutting that OUT of my Vitamin cycle tomorrow as I REALLY think it makes me MORE ANXIOUS & NERVOUS  (like I'm not anxious & Nervous enough)  

I know that IBKleen said to "cut out the L-Tyrosine" but I was just curious as to any one else out there that has had a similar hyper... coffee jitters... effect with this...I heard that L-Tyrosine helps with re-establishing your Neuro-transmitters... but I'm thinking that after 33 days I don't need this any more...

Any input or ideas is appreciated...

Be Well... Do good work... And Keep in touch
(NPR.. writers almanac)
I had different personal responses at different times to it.......during the post withdrawal period for a few months it was a huge help.......  then I noticed gradually increasing anxiety levels..........  then it got totally out of hand and there was full blown anxiety involved.  Then I stopped the extra L-Tyrosine and coffee and things leveled out a lot.......        
Thanks sweet pea.. I SHOULD probably cut out the coffee in the morning too... ya THINK!?!!?!??
You mentioned that post withdrawl period x's a few months... ????? soooo seeing as I'm only day 33 hear in NORCO FREE LAND... do ya think I should continue to take take the L-Tyrosine or not?
Not guilty!

I have no experience with it so it wasn't me who said that. Sorry hun....
cut the dose down yes it can hipe people it also don't take it after like 11 am .
does not do hardly anything for me, good or bad. maybe it just me, but does not seem to have an effect on me, for some reason.
Get the book End Your Addiction Now, by Charles Gant.  Chapter 4 has a handful of questionnaires that will help you determine exactly which amino acids you need to atain/restore the neurotransmitter levels necessary for a healthy, happy, "normal" life.

L-Tyro is GREAT if it happens to be what you need, but there's no such thing as a one-size fits-all amino.  Even if L-T is needed, it would be needed in combination with other aminos, not alone.  

The proper combination of aminos and vitimans can make a HUGE difference in healing/reversing the affects of addiction on the brain.  

CATUF
1549