Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
legs jumping!

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

legs jumping!

Can anyone PLEASE tell me how long it takes before your legs and arms stop moving around when trying to sleep?????? It is awful!!!!! :( What can one do to help this along...day 2 w/d

D~
You are almost there.  I don't know how much you were doing, but I was at a minimal dose and mine stopped on the 3rd day.  If there is anyway possible for you to get a muscle relaxer that would help.  Maybe some Simply Sleep by Tylenol.  Good luck and don't give up.
i tried hylands restful leg, bananas, hot baths and club soda. It really helps a lot!
you are not alone! i too am on day 2 of withdrawls... lastnight was horrible, couldnt stop sweating or moving my damn legs and feet! I have just been taking benadryl but that dosent seem to help much. Goodluck
I used distraction such as watching tv while laying on the couch. I would drift off for a while and get some rest. When I layed in bed it made it unbearably obvious that I was unable to be still. Took about a week but its gradual.
First symptom to show up...first to go for me...bout 3 days...Restful legs by Hylands...worked wonders...ate them by the handful...
clonidine works great for that if your dr will prescribe and helps sleep too.
Hang in there.  By day 4 or 5 the horrible leg and arm thing left for me.  I stretched a lot....as much as I could and then it seemed to release a little of the leg and arm tightening.  Also, try rubbing your legs and then your arms for a while and then when you stop it seems to help a little.  Getting your mind off of it will help too.  Try not to lay in bed and think about it....if you are not sleeping at least try to read or watch tv.  I am on day 21 and it seems like yesterday that I was where you are.  You will get there and it will get so much easier.  Day 5 for me was the turn around!  You are almost there and give yourself a pat on the back because NONE of this is easy!!  

Proud of you!!!  
Kristen
I have had the same problem going on 6 yrs now, never knew how bad it actually was till my husband decided one night to video tape me in my sleep, I was astonished, finally found out why I felt like I ran a marathon every night, when I showed it to mt DR she put me on requip, it only helps when I sleep and not completely, my husband says I still kick in my sleep just not as fluently or as strongly, but day to day things are terrible, I can't take long trips in the car or go to the movies, and taking a flight is s no-no unless I take a sleeping pill before hand to pass out during the flight. I work where I sit mostly all day and by mid-day I am jumping around like a grasshopper, I have tried all the exercises, the teas before bed, the water exercises and none work, unless I am heavily medicated along with the requip the legs are running while I am standing still
Its my least favorite thing about all this:-)
It was the worst part for me also. Go to walmart and look in the vitamin section for HYLAND RESTFULL LEGS. The tablets disolve under your tongue and work quiet good for me. I strongly STRONGLY suggest it.
I found the Hylands Restful Legs helpful; I take 3 at a time.
I will try this Hylands Restful Legs, I have tried everything else lets see if this will work. Stay tuned for info on the results