Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
lexapro

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

lexapro

I have seen this mentioned but can't find the posts.  What role if any can this drug play with w/d from opiates?  Also, day 10 off norcos for me but I have used ultram to help with wds.  I have tapered to 100 mg a day for a few days and today will take my last one.  After thinking I found the miracle cure for wds I read up a little more on ultram.  Now I'm thinking this could cause wds too.  I'm getting off it.  If I'm going to end up with wds I'm a least going to do it with something that gives me a buzz and works better for pain! lol!  Just kidding but I'm not a former hardcore heroin person...not going to get strung out on something that doesn't even get me high.
Any advice would be great.
I have lexapro from last year but never took much of it.
Tags: Addiction
now, this is just my opinion, and my experience..When i went through w/d's from benzo's c/t..it was terrible..My doctor finally put me on lexapro and it worked a miracle on me for that..Not sure on opiates..I still take it and now it is 2 yrs..I always knew i was depressed but didn't want to admit it..Now i can barely cry ..I use to cry for a sad movie, song, etc ..Now i don't know if it is a good thing to not cry..but for me it is..
as soon as i get off these opiates, i am hoping the lexapro will help!!!
maybe do some research on google..
hope this helps you alittle
Thanks a lot.  I researched a little and found that it usually takes it a week or two to kick in.  I think I'll just see how it goes.  I have a friend who swears by it for depression.  I think that at this point I might be in "addict thinking" mode and now that I'm out of ultram and not getting anymore by choice, My brain thinks I need to be taking "something".  
I have a bad toothache but am going to take some aleve for that.
I wouldn't be surprised if my body started hurting just to get some drugs.  I have even thought about refilling the norcos.  I just breathe, think it through, realize that it only gives me a few minutes of eupohoria for a short time and then its back to just trying to function with enough of it in my system.
Have a great day.  I've gotta go get pics of my 12th grader before he leaves for his senior prom.  Whew, thought I'd never get that kid through school!  Thats 2 down and 1 to go (8th grader graduates in a couple of weeks).
Blessings to you!
Can u abuse lexapro? My mom relapsed from meth and said she is clean now but I found pills in her room that I loomed up and they r lexapro