long term effects of vicodin use
Hi, does anyone know if there are physical side effects from long term vicodin use? My hair is falling out and I have a skin rash around my chin and nose. I'm wondering if this is from the vicodin.
Hi there Mich, I'm new here just started posting today & I have been on vicodin for 12 yrs.The only thing that I had problems with was my hair coming out, not much but alittle. But havent had the rashes or anything. Can u ask your doctor?? Maybe they can help ya better.
Good luck to You....if  you have anymore questions I will help ya the best way I can....and the pll here are great with answers too!
~Penny~
I would consult a doctor about this. It could be from the pills or it could be something else. EIther way you need to have it checked out by a medical professional.
So your hair started falling out too? Are you sure it was from the vicodin? I have been using it for pain relief since an auto accident 4 years ago, needless to say I am addicted. I am worried about liver failure, I heard that can happen from the acetomeniphen. 12 yrs. huh? Can I ask why?
Yes, I did read that.  There is a treatment center that focuses fully on vicodin addiction.  I forgot the name of the place, but I was reading over their website, and one of the side effects was skin rashes.  It actually happened to me early on in my addiction.
If I can find the site again, I will come back to post it.
Hey Mich.. I found the link to the information I mentioned..  I don't know how to add a clickable link, so just copy and paste.  Read through this site.  They talk a lot about long term side effects.

http://www.cirquelodge.com/VicodinAddiction/index.php
I got hooked on Vicodin after having several eye surgeries, five years ago.  For almost five straight years, daily, I took the pills.  About 3 months ago (I've been completely clean for 57 days today!) I developed a rash on my back and shoulders that would not stop itching.  It was driving me crazy !! I knew that it was from the excessive Vicodin use.  Two days after I quit taking the pills, the rash went away and did not come back.  I have thin, blonde hair.  My hair was also falling out, a lot.  It started to look dry and brittle.  I have been taking Biotin ( a stylist recommended this to me) from the healthfood store for the hair problem and it seems to have helped.  Nothing helped more than quitting the Vicodin.  Its made a Huge difference in my skin, hair, and mind.
i have been addicted to lortabs for 2 years now i started taking them after i had my son and then i keep taking them because i was dealing with cerivcal cancer i had my last surgery in november but i am still taking them. i still have alot of pain but i feel like i am addict to them do you have any advice for me?
The post you replied to is kind of old. Click on "post a question" on the top of this page. Doing this will have a thread dedicated just to you. You'll get more responses this way.
My boyfriend was addicted to vicodin for years. He has been clean now for 3 months, but still suffers with ringing ears, nightmares and a few other vicodin side effects. Do you know if these things will ever stop?