long-term withdrawal symptoms
I understand the short-term withdrawal and about how long they last. I've done it a few times. My question in about long-term side effects from being addicted. To put it as simple as possible I feel like ****! Even after a few months I just don't feel the same as before. Does anyone have any advise or am screwed because i messed up my brain some how.

Some details about my history
I've done a few of everything in the narcotic field from OCs to deathpacks and back again for about one and a half years. From what i have seen from others that may not be a very long time. I have stopped and started using about 5 times in the last 9 months because of a herniated disk and now I'm being told I have scoliosis. I plan on getting surgery on the disk at the end of this year. I guess i could do all that without meds but I think my wife would leave me. After the surgery I plan not taking any more meds because im sick of the addiction withdrawal roller coaster. I just want to know if there is anything I can do about the long-term side effects that don't seem to go away.
i just wanted to comment to say i'm in the same boat as you. on again off again, on again off again, and i restart because i just don't feel right after a couple of months. someone told me at an na meeting that be prepared to be in a "drug brain fog" for about a year after starting. man, i have to get to that year. i know someone here will help you, just wanted to say you are not alone. this is about my 6th try to stop. i hate the roller-coaster too!
lisa
oops! i meant a "drug brain fog" for about a year after STOPPING! sorry about that!
lisa
I can tell you this the first 90 days were the hardest for me thing that help me heal were exercise daily time outside in the sun when I could I took some supplements as well that helped and I ate very healthy .I know it seems like it is taking forever and that you will never feel as good as you used to but with time you will get back there.
unfortunately u have made some permanent changes to ur brain with drug use....there is an article in my journal on dopamine which explains this..when i first figured this out..i was POed!...but what is done is done...and the brain can recover if u give it time...like avisg said 90 days is the point that ur brain has time enuf to heal so u dont feel like a doomer most everyday of ur life....gotta give urself time to heal and catch up...unfortunately the odds of relapse before 90 days are astounding and i wont go there...give it 90 days before u decide anything...AA s slogan of 90 meetings in 90 days had a physiological purpose...keep posting