looking for doctor
I want to get off oxycotin but I don't know what doctor to go to My doctor won't listen to me He thinks i need the med and tells me i need to expect that i'm sick and take my meds when i first got sick i wasn't in near as much pain as i am now i think the med is causing most of my pain when i tried to stop on my own the pain was suidcidly their is no way i can do this on my own I'm not sure if it was wd or that i am really in that much pain but the only way i'm ever going to be able to answer that questions is when i stop taking oxy I've been on this med for 7 years and truly don't know my level of pain but i know a few people with fibro and none of them are in the pain that i'm in or do they take oxy My goal is to get off the oxy and if i'm in pain take other measures rather than addictive pain meds I need help getting their if i keep taking this med it's going to kill me my desease isn't fatal go fiqure the med used to treat it is theirs got to be other ways to deal with my sickness rather than narcotics any advice Thanks  Mickie
Is there anyway you can go to a detox rehab.... 7 yrs is a very long time to be on this and it is diffucult to stop.  They may also be able to manage your pain with other measures!  There are so many people in pain but I think a lot of times the narcotics program our brains to feel the pain as soon as the med wears off and makes us NEED more. I found my pain was still there but not worse without the meds. Flareups are different and in w/d the pain was magnified but once you get through that, you may have a different perspective on your pain and find other non-narcotic routes to deal with it!

Hope this is somewhat helpful....
Peace,
Marcie:)