Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
loratab withdraw

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

loratab withdraw

I have been a pretty heavy loratab user for about the past 6 months. I would say at my worst point I was taking 5 a dose about 4 times a day. I tappered myself down to 4 a dose 2 times a day and finally i have had enough. In about 4 hours i will hit my "sober for 48 hours" mark... which for me i am soooooooo proud of. I am going through this alone and no one in my life knows about my problem so I can not go to other people and ask questions. I had some aches and pains yesterday for a little while, but nothing that I couldn't handle. This morning i woke up feeling just fine and have all day!! Is it possible to experience such mild withdraw symptoms or should i be expecting a rush of withdraws all at once any day now????? I am really afraid of whats gonna happen "tomorrow"!!! If anyone has some insight it would be greatly appreciated!!
after 6 months its possible you had tapered down before u jumped so its possible how its also possible that tomorrow you might not feel so hot .Everybody's body works differently I sure do hope u have manged to slide threw next thing you need to do is find recovery care so you can stay off of it.. good luck so far u are doing great.
All I can say is good luck! I am in the same boat... Going thru a pain pill addiction cold turkey and alone. Its not easy. I am past the physical withdrawals, but the mental feelings are tough. I hope it gets better quick. As for your feeling good... You may go thru what I did and feel good one day, and crappy the next. I'm having one of those bad days today and its very hard. Keep in touch and best wishes.
thank you guys for your insight. I am very very afraid that I am going to wake up and have a horriable day. i am a single mom of twins and I work everyday.. my next day off is NEXT sat. so I really hope that I do slip through. I am proud to say that not once have i thought about getting any. The ONLY thing on my mind is getting through this and being able to function!!
I think you are doing GREAT .I do hope you are over the worst .When you get a chance start looking into recovery care I know right now you are not craving but normally that dose not last forever and for long time soberly it takes care .So when you have a chance look into that a therapist with addiction knowledge may be a good choice there are also aa/na meeting many find them very helpful as well.Good luck let us know how you are doing.
i know this is bad to say but i simply dont have the time nor the resources to seek recovery care. My job works me 14 then off 2 and i am a single mother of two kids. if i do have the time i have no one to keep them!!!

I know in my heart that i am a strong person and i have walked away from many things a strongER person (never drugs). with me taking them for such a short period of time compared to alot of others do you think i will really get much worse then this??
20 pills of lortab a day is alot....i feel ur pain...
If u do well and stop without any intervention then u r simply amazing and hats off to u!  cos we can do what we put our minds to doing..I truly believe this...and I am a stubborn..possibly too independent and possibly opinionated  (I never said that  (: )  I also raised kids alone....I am not one to be controlled...not if I realize it is happening anyway.
The pills were my downfall...my weakness....a rude awakening to my theory that "I could do anything alone"  Cos i always have done everything alone for a long time.....Geez...sumpin that I can literally say is smaller that my fingertip did me in..I admit it
Aftercare is sumpin most need...not all,,,some can always stand alone..I could not
when u take a close inventory of the time and money pills cost then often we can find the time to seek help....but we gotta be there...gotta be at the point to realize this....continuing to use takes alot of time and nrg away from us and our time we spend/quality time/with our loved ones....it can eat out of the money meant to be spent on them...,not saying u have done this....just saying I did this..I was taking money better spent and spending it on pills
Dont wanna look back there right now...not a good feeling  ):   ...moving forward feels alot better

keep posting
that is awesome that you are feeling like that. I hope and pray that your whole recovery is gonna be like that. I think also the fact that you are taking care of twins and working all the time could also be helping cause you are keeping active. Just live one day at a time and try not to think of what could of happen, keep posting and let us know how it is going~~~~~
]\\worried: WOW is all I have to say to the beginning of your post. I could not have chosen better words to describe myself!!! There is nothing in the world that I believe I cant do and if you tell me I cant I will climb over 10 mountains to do it and then back over the mountains just to throw it in your face. I have always been that way. My independence as well. And thats exactly how this got to the point I am at. I was a single working mom making a living that alot of whole family's dont make together!!! Well out of no where layoffs came and there ]went my job!!! I was CRUSHED. All my self worth went out the window and pills wer my only way not to think about it. I felt like a horrible mother cause I could not get my kids what they wanted ( i could with money saved but that had to go for bills cause I was unsure as to how long i would be out of work) but i sure did have money for pills!!!!! Thats sicking how that works!!!

Kajama: I woke up this morning feeling like i was ran over by a 10 ton truck!!!!!!! But i guess i knew it was coming. It dont make it feel no better but at least i expected it. I am thankful for the 2 good days i did have!!! Alot of people dont get them good days!!!  I was warned that today would probably be my worst and i hope they are right. Tomorrow is a 12 hour day at work so I am praying i can do it!

Thank all of you for your words of encouragement! I very much need them since my addiction is a secret!