Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
lortab withdrawal

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

lortab withdrawal

Hi, I just found this site and it seems to be fairly helpful.  I have been on lortab 7.5 three times daily for about a year and a half for restless leg syndrome.  I have had a fear of being addicted for quite some time and until recently have not tried to quit due to the restless legs.  I am on day 2 of quitting cold turkey and just took a lortab 2 hours ago because the flu like symptoms and urge to make them go away were too strong.  The symptoms went away within 30 mins.   My question is did I screw up by taking the lortab or can I do the same tomorrow when the symptoms become unbearable and gradually wean myself off completely?
Look, if you think you have a problem you do. Taking one more will eventually enough. I was same exact way for YEARS. I am on day 14 and have never felt better. However, I did have to suffer for 4 days 1st, then the real me showed up. The urge is just that, and urge. Use and focus on something else when it hits and when your feeling cruddy, move! It helps. Eat oranges, drink vitamin water, take a multi-Vitamin, Look at the Thomas Recipe it helps lots here also. Basically you have the worst flu of your life, but in the end it saves your life - understand I took 20-25 10mg hydro's daily and went straight to 0 overnight, it can be done - In this forum, there is living proof....me included. Post often, make friends and STOP
Thanks for the comment.  I have only taken one today and feel 100% better than I did yesterday with 0.  I feel that I have the will power to only take one per day for a week and then 1/2 per day for a week or two.  Will this make the withdrawals easier?
everyone is different. However, there are many that have the willpower to taper. I did not, if I had them I would take them. Many here have tapered successfully though.
it does appear to lessen the wd symptoms though for most who can