Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
lyrica abuse?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

lyrica abuse?

just put on lyrica for unrelated medical reasons, can this drug threaten my sobriety? Im doing so good, not that I want to abuse it, but the pattern shows if addicting, abusable drugs are put in my hand ill use em the wrong way. i read a post saying lyrica is a controlled substance?! And that is gets you high? Im  scared I should fill the script i need help have no idea what kind of medicine it is?
can you wait and see what type of pain you will have completly clean
i noticed while i was taking suboxone, that i had alot of rebound pain
now that i am off all narcotics, i have some pain, but its manageable
depression seems to exagerate my pain issues, when the weather is good
i go on daily hikes, this helps with pain and depression
i am sorry that i cannot give you information about lyrica, i only share about medication that i have personal experience with
xo
I take Lyrica every day for a specific spasim I get in my feet. I feel NO side effects what so ever. I dont crave them or anything. I take between 75-150mg a day.
  I hope this helps,
-Dez
Don't know how much I can help but my hubby takes Lyrica 600mg a day which is the maximum dosage.  He is also on oxycontin, both for severe back pain.  The oxycontin he craves and is addicted to (currently tapering down from) but the Lyrica he does not crave at all and sometimes doesn't take any at all during the day.   Due to the addiction to the oxycontin, we have both spoken to the doc about Lyrica and he has told us that if the maximum dosage is exceeded then it can give a "high" but only in the higher dosage, it certianly couldn't do that at a low dosage apparently.   How much have you been put onto?

Hope that helps a bit.

Karen
My husband also takes Lyrica and he doesn't get a high from it and he never goes over his daily dosage he also forgets to take it sometimes.  He is also on oxycontin ( he never forgets to take that lol) , even with the oxycontin if he doesn't take his lyrica for more then 2 days he is in major pain.  So I wouldn't worry about lyrica being addicting.  Oh by the way my husband does have and addictive personality.  Please take it if it will relieve pain for you, nobody deserves to have to suffer.