Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
lyrica question

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

lyrica question

is by lyrica addictiive? Is anyone on this forum take it?

kalie
I do not have experience with it but to my knowledge it is not addictive because it is non-narcotic. Are you taking it for fibromyalgia? (sp)
Not sure if I have it, but i think I do. I have horrible pain in my legs, and other places. My skin hurts to the touch. So I thought I would ask you guys before I started it.

kalie
I am not certain maybe members can help you right here, but MedHelp does have a community dedicated to it:

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Fibromyalgia---CFS/show/44

Best of luck!
Thankyou....;-)
I dont belive it is but I do do belive you taper down off it .It hope it works for you .
Some claim it is addictive.  I took/take something similar and although it is non-narcotic it can be so-called addicting.  If it works.......who cares?......It's not an opiate and you shouldn't experience any opiate-like withdrawals if you stop taking it, but as Avisg stated...You will have to taper it if you decide to stop taking it.

I stopped Neurontin at a pretty high dose, and was ok, but I wouldn't recommend it.  There was some uncomfortableness I could have avoided if I had tapered.

I hope it works for you!  Good luck.......

Luv,
Nauty................
I took Lyrica for nerve pain for about a year and a half. I didn't have any problem at all when I stopped taking it, but I tapered down. No hint of withdrawl (withdrawal).
lyrica is not recommended for people with a history of addiction as it can be abused..people catch a buzz off of lyrica///it is not physically addicting they say...but is a drug an addict would possibly abuse..the safer choice is the older nerve pain drug called neurontin as it does not have the same effect on sensorium as llyrica does...good that u r looking into it...i did not tolerate lyrica as it made me spacey..not a drug i would care to take nor abuse..but some love it..a friend of mine abuses it..a drug to be safe with if u have any history of addiction
Lyrica made me reeeealy spacey too at first. It was so bad that it scared my family. I was so out of it I didn't realize how differently I was behaving.  I take Neurontin now instead.... I agree that it's best to avoid any drug that has potential for abuse.