Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
lyrica

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

lyrica

is it possible to use Lyrica in recreation? can this pain reliever produce similar or semi-similar effects ( highs ) brought on by opiates or benzos?
Tags: lyrica
I'm not going to discuss how or for what reason it's abused...but, I will say that it can, and is abused recreationally. Why do you ask?
My doctor tried to put me on it as an "alternative" to opiates.  But it is all the same.  The first warning listed is that it is "potentially addictive."  Other than that, it's relatively new and has a host of side effects including severe depression and increased risk of suicide.  Does not sound like a good time to me.

I would steer clear.  Good luck to you.

Matt
I really hope you arent doing this......sara
No,  that's dumb.   Lyrica ?????????  noway.........