marijuana smoking
hey all i have smoked marijuana for 12 yrs and i quit cold turkey 3 weeks after being diagnosed with bipolar and realized i was self medicating myself with weed as well as alcohol   the alcohol is easy to stop since i always preferred to smoke  help im jonesing any suggestions
well first off, congrats on quitting the weed and alcohol. marijuauna is only a mental addiction, not physical so what you need to do is when the cravings come stay busy. occupy your mind with something you don't associate smoking weed with. if you have smoked for 12 years it may be a few months before the cravings start to disappear, but with some time you won't even think about it no more. jonsing is not fun and the mind can do funny things so just make sure you don't sit around, do anything to keep your mind busy. although it can be tough to quit at first, that jonsing will disappear. good luck to ya and post when you need to. have you been 3 weeks clean now??? or since you were diagnosed?
thank you for responding i was diagnosed about a month ago with bipolar and quit smoking soon afterwards my urges passed today its hard but i read marijuana dont mix with depakote as well as having negative psychological effects