Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
med ?s

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

med ?s

I take 200mg of zoloft daliy for like 10 yrs for severe depression. Ive been taking norco more then I should for 2yrs. Is it true the pain killers have been making my zoloft not really work? I believe I'm lacking in dopamine from my depression, does the norco stop it even more? Is there a supplement or something I can take to help my receptors get back to normal quicker, or give me extra dopamine boost? Which one I'm misssing.

I stoped for 30 days, I was clean. Then I had to have 2 more surgeries so for the last 2 months I was on them again. I quit again this week. Should it be easier this time?
Thank
Tags: help, supplement
The pain killers complicate things. If you think of your brain like a pot of soup and you have added zoloft to swim around in it adding a good flavor and then you add this other very powerful ingredient....well you, the cook in this, don't really know what you are going to end up with. For sure it changes things and pain killers are depressants so   isn't helping. Is there a quick fix for this? No, just stop the pain killers, exercise, eat a healthy diet, stay away from all substances that are depressants (alcohol for sure) and let the Zoloft do its work.
you might want to try I diffrent AD if this one does not seem to be working .Why have you been on the narco for 2 years?