Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
mentally insane. intense attachment to my fiance m

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

As many of you know.  I'm 5 days clean.  My physical symptoms are really easing up minus the intense head aches. But there is this one really weird challenge I am feeling.  I have this severe attachment to my fiance.he leaves for work and all I do is cry. The anxiety is so high. I feel ease when he is around and of course this week he has a ton of overtime to work.  Is this normal?  And what can I do?
When the emotional suppression of drugs is gone, all the slight feeling become stronger. Feeling we forgot we had come back, even things we thought we were over or didn't care about may show their faces. I would say the release of crying is part of the process and is totally normal. It will get easier with time, you are right in the middle of it. Hang in there.
Thank you!
Hi there, sorry you are going through this but I want you to know that the exact same thing happened to me when I was detoxing and unfortuneately it lasted for a long time. Lucky for me my hubby is extremely support and is now retired so he was here with me almost all the time, but if he ever left the house even to go to the store I would freak! He stayed with me most of the time but then he went golfing one day and I wanted him to go as I knew he had to get out of the house but I was crying, he said he would cancel and not go but I said no, that I need to deal with it, so I did but it was hard.  After the first few times it does get easier and easier. I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone with this as it was a big issue for me too! so hang in there and congrats on your clean time, take care and please keep posting to let us know how you are.
I think it is very normal too..Way over a year ago I had my "Safe-place" and one of it was knowing my Hub was in the house. We have been married about 28 years now and I still need his support..I go to many meeting and such , but he is my biggest support. I have found out lately that I do lean on him more then I have ever in all my years of knowing him. BUT also we are dealing with a lot of bad issues right now, so we do need each other more then ever.
Just hang tight and give this all Time to heal..With Time comes a lot of Patience..I have found this to be so true even after a Year..Just know that you are dealing with REAL Emotions now..Not drugged up Emotions.
Bless
This makes me feel better.  He is extremely supportive which helps.  I will be without him for the next 24+ hours as a snow storm is approaching. Fingers crossed I get through it.
U can do it!!!!!!!  I'm super emotional rt now also but just keep telling yourself it's part of the process :::)))))
You will get thru it while he is gone.  Plan a special "homecoming" when he gets back!!!
Thanks everyone.  I'm sure I'll be posting tomorrow, with some new annoying symptom.  You guys are the best and have helped me a ton.  Thank you.
I know exactly how you feel. I am clinging to my wife like white on rice! I am on day 30 of suboxone withdrawal. We are looking for comfort in pain. That is natural. I have found that it takes a toll on our loved ones. They may act strong, as mine does. She is one tough cookie!!!! but I can imagine  MY constant clinging  is hard on her. She wants to take care of me but she has her own interests and things to do. I must  try not to over burden her with my addiction when there are meetings and forums and addicts willing to talk and help everywhere.
   Yes, our familes will love and help us the best they can. I find talking to one who has been through what i have been through not only helps me but my family too. Best of luck to you! you are doing awesome!!!