meth 80mg dose a day
just a question my girlfriend is on methadone 80mg dose a day to come off her heroine addiction. how long should she be on this and what should i expect. i have not had an addiction and her recent addiction is new to me?
It is so hard to say. everyone is different. I took methadone for a pill addiction. Do not recommend!! It keeps you from wanting to use. but when you come off it. you have to have aftercare. which she should be start now. How long did she use heroine? That will have somthing to do with it. For me, the methadone was so hard to kick. the withdrawls were hell. went back to the pills to kick the methadone. That stuff is for people who use what she was using. not pill heads.....

I do know the longer you are on it. the hard to come off it...

Good luck, maybe get her to join this site, it is very helpful...

Lady
Hang in here. There are several more here who have kicked the methadone thing. They will provide their insight too.
Just to offer my support and have had no experience with methadone..thank goodness..i do know it is a difficult withdrawal and lengthy compared to most narcs...tapering slowly seems to be how people get off of it after reading many posts..some get their dose down and start sub...or pills to get off..or taper down and just quit...good luck to you guys!