Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
meth detox

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

meth detox

Hi im on day 15 of my detox was on 80mls daily but grad went down to 10 mls. I let my meth fall and smash 1 day so i said fuuk it i wud try kick it.I get  .5 xanax 3 times daily but i need 10-12 to hold me and the sleepers i get wouldn put a rat 2 sleep and now no script for 5 days..... Its the lack sleep thats the worst for me! i can hack the lower back pain the restlessness and the chills, but im eating nothing which is worrying me. Any advice on ANYTHING  who knows my situation would be great.
Thanks, Brian
hello and welcome.
it will take awhile for your sleep to return on its own.
please be patient. try some over the counter natural sleep meds. alteril and sleep by nature made, the main ingredients are melatonin and valerian root, also drink sleepy time tea.
take hot baths with epsom salts before bed. get some exercise each day, take walks this will help.
how long have you been on the xanax? that is a problem in itself to quit.
keep yourself hydrated. drink gatorade,juices,drink smoothies.
you have to force yourself to eat, even small bits of food, crackers,soups,yogurts,fruit,puddings,
you need nourishment if you eat you will feel better.

it will take time to heal emotionally, mentally,physically,spiritually.
you didnt become an addict in a month and it will take a few months to be better. you will get better each day. keep running the race.
i will pray for you
debbie
Hi Debbie
I Haven ever been on xanax thank god just the doc put me on them when i told him i was kickin the phy also the sleepers. I totally agree with the baths they work brill just b4 bed. Im lucky if i get 5 hours sleep per 5 days thats how bad my sleeping is. I would love nothing more than 2 exercise evry day but i honestly haven the strength. The eating situ may be sorted cuz im eating nothing at all i cant stomach it. And this is day 15. I will go shopping for some of the stuff you mentioned but im in ireland and prob wont get half the meds ye do.
Thanks for your reply
Brian
hi congratts on breaking free of the stuff its a monster to kick as you can see your going to feel like hell for the first month and sleep will be here and there sleeping pills dont seam to help ether so dont waist your time
it takes about 3 mo for this stuff to leave your system ........dont get discouraged you do get better as you go along its just painfuly slow the best thing I found for sleep was a hot soak right b/4 bed that and they make some tea.....YOGI kava relaxing tea you can get it on line if you cant find it but that seamedto help a bit but really time is the only cure and it can be a month or more I help out all the methadoinaians this is the biggest complaint followed by the energy crash you just have no energy to do any thing......get up to walmart and pick up some whey protein shake mix the chocolate is good you just mix it with milk it is full of amino acids extra vitamins along with the raw protein all of witch the brain needs to heal drink 2 a day till yhyou start to feel better the 1 a day for the remaining yr
this is not a quick cure but rather builbing blocks to good health I wish you all the luck in the world with your recovery your going to feel like **** for a wile but in the end it is so so worth it not to be chained to the liquid handcuffs God bless......Gnarly......ps if you need more info or to talk im out here to help just message me....  
hey brian,
how are you doing?