Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
meth reduction

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

meth reduction

can u do a complete cold turkey off meth as ive only been in situation once and wanted to die but im tryin tio get off as quick as poss as im in a situtuation where im doing it alone and not coping well, really need to talk to someone and my partner knows nothing about it and i dont want to go into it as dont think he wants to know much about my past so can i do it quickly without help without a risk of relapsing or ending up in hospital, u cant force something on someone and he never knew beofre i met him so im trying to do alone so he doesnt get fed up and leave me there must be some stuff i can get over thwe counter so i not sick in front of him and he doesnt get why im ill in the morning and dont want to make him deal with this its my problem
Here is the post you made a half hour ago.

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Addiction-Substance-Abuse/methadone-reduction/show/1791199

If you stick to one post the community members can follow you easier and help you.
Hey Friend,
If it is your problem it is his too.
I don't know enough about meth to guide you, but I think you should speak to a professional, especially if you are feeling suicidal, as your other post says.

I remember back in the day, I was in my teens, i did meth for 5 days straight and kicked it. I just had the usual meth comedown. I have no idea though about your situation, just that you have made the right choice to quit.

hugs,
Lily
Are you talking crystal meth or methadone? How many mg per day are you taking? If you are talking methadone, I agree with Gayle. CT methadone detox in an ice cave is my vision of hell. I think taper is best, but I couldn't, I'm very glad I did my research before using subs. Try not to hurry, it's too much stress, just stick to recovery and all will work out. Stress will make things worse. Good luck and keep us posted.
hey jaymi,
how are you? whats going on? what dose where you on?
Just tell the truth. If he really cares about you, he already knows.
what mg r u on? Methodone w/d is very dangerous
I can answer this for you but would rather not go into my history with meth on here as im not proud of it if you want i will gladly try to help you just send me a private message :)