Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
methadone and percocet

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

methadone and percocet

if you take methadone how long after stopping before any other kind of opiate will work?  i've been off methadone for about a week and i found a perc 10 last night and took it.  i know i should not have done that but im an addict and i could not help myself.  i thought methadone made it so no other opiates would work but i swear i think i felt better after i took it.  was it all in my head or did it really help?
What are you planning to do for yourself so you don't keep taking random pills when you have no idea what they'll do to you?
All methadone do's is fill the opiates reseptors in the brain so that your body will not w/d of the opiates. If you are still useing other opiate based drugs on top of your meth you are looking for trouble. & defo if you don't no what the pill's you are taking are going to do for you.
Are you trying to get clean ??? Or just want to no how long you can start taking other opiates for ?? I'm abit confused about your post. I have been on methadone for 10 years & still used herion on top of that for many many years. All i got in the end was a habit on both drugs. Just plz be careful when mixing drugs that you don't no what affect they will have.
Peace out Nat xxx